PDA

View Full Version : cam/rocker arm question

yz426ex36
07-23-2006, 09:33 PM
I have a 05 trx45r and recently I have had a motr problem... the roller on the rocker arm for the exhaust valves came apart (bearing)... and it tore my cam up..Has anyone else had this problem ?? I think my oil pump may have went out.. does any one know how to check if it is working?

DirtDevilBT
07-23-2006, 11:03 PM
I have heard of this before on only a couple occations. The oil spraying the cam and valve train is either clogged by using the wrong gasket, dropped item in the oil channel, or something destroying the oil pump gears. The bearing will fail if not lubricated. I have a feeling the rocker, valve buckets, ex. shims, and cam are trash aren't they?

Have you had any motor work done? Can we get a pic to see?

yz426ex36
07-24-2006, 07:04 AM
I had a hrc kit installed about 8-9 months ago with a wiseco piston.. the buckets are fine and the cam has very little wear on intake lobes.. I do not have any pics yet but I will get some.. where is the oil sprayer for the cam?? could I start it without a vavle cover on when I get it fixed to check it?..I dont know ant other way to check!

HAVOK
07-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I had it happen to me. I got a new hrc cam and ex rocker replaced under warrenty. Mine has been running strong ever since I got her back.

07-24-2006, 09:57 AM
I know a guy that had this happen about 3 weeks ago. The bearing failed because it wasn't getting lubricated. It wasn't getting lubricated because he got in a hurry and put his oil filter in backwards. Check to see if your filter is installed correctly. And.....ALWAYS TAKE YOUR TIME WHEN CHANGING THE OIL.

:D