PDA

View Full Version : getting no spark

djhenson23
07-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Alright guys I really need help. i can not get a spark out of the spark plug. i just got my motor back from Baldwin. Its a 06 450r (kick start). i had him biuld it and i got a baldwin wiring harness that he got rid of the wires for the light and everythng so its a harness made for racing. it also has the kill switch wired in it already. also have the vortex ignition. anyone have any ideas. i am pretty sure i have a good ground. does anyone else have a baldwin motor or harness and maybe theres something else that needs grounded. my brother inlaw got shocked while plugging the wires in the coil so it seems like there not a good ground, but i do have the ground wire to bare metal so thats why i wasnt sure if it need another ground anywhere. do you know if i have to do anything to the wires coming from the vortex ign that are marked kill switch, even though the kill switch is wired in with the baldwin harness. sorry this is so long but i wanted to try my best in explaining it all to you

bumble bee band
07-23-2006, 08:40 PM
call baldwin and see if they help you out! i havent a clue bud but theyre the ones who worked on the engine.

djhenson23
07-23-2006, 08:44 PM
yea i am going to call him tomorrow but i was just asking if anyone on here had any ideas, thanks alot

Snoopy450r
07-23-2006, 10:15 PM
I also have a baldwin motor on an 04' 450R, and when I put mine in I didnt have any spark. But as it turned out my stock CDI was shorted out. So I put in my Vortex ignition and it fired right up. As it turned out it didnt have anything to do with baldwin on the last ride on my old motor I broke the chain and the chain cracked my case and broke my stator and the must have shorted out my CDI. So when I put my new baldwin motor in nothing worked, but its all good now. P.S. the baldwin motor kicks a** love it.

djhenson23
07-24-2006, 06:01 AM
yea i dont have the stock cdi on, i have the vortex so i am really stumped on what it is. im going to call him today. i cant wait to ride it though, i hope it rips.

red2004 TRX450R
07-24-2006, 01:40 PM
"my brother inlaw got shocked while plugging the wires in the coil, " May be shorted it out or blown a fuse.

did you hook the teather to the kill switch?

djhenson23
07-24-2006, 04:40 PM
no its not shorted out, and i did have the tether cord in