View Full Version : Valdosta Flat Track Racing August 19

HillKiller
07-23-2006, 08:04 PM
Quad Flat Track Racing at

ValdostaKartingComplex.com
5266 Shiloh Road, Valdosta, GA
229-794-9729
1.5 miles west from I-75 off of exit 22

I raced here July 15. It's a great facility with friendly people. The track is smooth and well maintained. Below is track info and rules. Send me a PM or email if you have questions and I will do my best to get answers. I am not a track employee, just trying to keep a good thing going and get more people to come out.

* 1/4 mile (approx 1330' around middle groove) clay D-shaped oval, slight banking.

* Gate fee $7 (under 6 free) , race entry fee $20. Gate opens at 3pm on raceday.

* Flattrack tires only, no knobbies (except Peewees).

* Idle speed to and from track (kart guys push theirs)

* Numbers should be on 4 locations: front bumper, rear, left rear fender, right rear fender.

* Safety gear required: boots (above ankle), long pants, helmet, eye protection, gloves. Recommended equipment: nerf bars, neck collar, kill cord, chest protector.

* Classes include Peewee, Women's, Beginner, Intermediate, and Open. It is up to the rider/parent as to which class they sign up for and should be decided based on ability and experience.

* Class sizes will be decided based on turnout. Heats are qualifiers for the Mains, 4 quads per heat. Starting position in the heats is assigned by drawing numbers. After two heats, top 2 points finishers advance to their A main, bottom two points finishers go to B Main. In the event of a points tie, tie breaker goes to the rider who scored better in their 2nd heat. Lineup position for Mains is awarded by points from heats, ie., highest points gets gate pick.

* Trophies or plaques will be awarded.

At I-75 exit 18 there are hotels and a campground.

Best Western (west side of I-75 next to Riverpark Campground)
Saint Augustine Road, Valdosta, 31602
Phone: 229-244-7600

Riverpark Campground Valdosta 31602
Phone: 229-244-8397

HillKiller
07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Here's alink to some track action....

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php?topic=16195.0

HillKiller
08-09-2006, 08:23 PM
There is also a Flat Track race in Jasper , Fl. Sept 30

www.crossroadsmotorplex.com