PDA

View Full Version : void warrenty

jjm400ex
07-23-2006, 07:20 PM
will a aftermarket slip on pipe void the factory warrenty??

Floorit
07-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Anything you do to a factory stock bike that has a warranty will void the warranty....unless it's done by a certified honda mechanic to assure it's done to specs.

In the case of a slip-on, if you ever have any trouble, replace the stock one and take it to the shop. When you got it back, put the slip-on back on ;)

red4r
07-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Im pretty sure it dosnt void the warrenty...you can pretty much do anything to it but engine work like boring, porting and that kinda stuff

Floorit
07-23-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by red4r
Im pretty sure it dosnt void the warrenty...you can pretty much do anything to it but engine work like boring, porting and that kinda stuff

you might want to dig out the contract that lists the warranty info to read the fine print

fatkid400
07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
If you tare into the motor at all it will void the warranty.As far as a slip on or pipe goes, Talk to your dealer. My dealer said that if I put a pipe on its the same as a hrc kit,And they would cover the warranty.

MAD450r
07-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I have many things done to my R with exception of opening my motor.
My dealer told me anything I change they no longer cover. Simple as that from my dealership.

Not all dealerships will do that so its best to ask before you put anything on.

I picked up my 04 with hrc installed in march of 04, after first oilchange i put the sparks full exhaust I bought for it before I picked it up. A month later I put burgard aarms on and an axle a few months after.

quadhauler
07-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Floorit
Anything you do to a factory stock bike that has a warranty will void the warranty....unless it's done by a certified honda mechanic to assure it's done to specs.

In the case of a slip-on, if you ever have any trouble, replace the stock one and take it to the shop. When you got it back, put the slip-on back on ;)

That's not correct. In the good ol USA there are laws that cover this. They can only void your warranty if they prove your upgrades caused the warranty damage. In Canada it's different, they can void your warranty in Canada if you don't have a certified Suzuki rep do even your routine oil changes. Happened to a couple guy's on the King Quad forum I visit...

Abrannan19
07-24-2006, 07:51 PM
yeah..good luck on that law. if there is any notes about a voided warranty in the back of the owner manual..then that law is null and it can be voided...I know belive me I went through hell trying to get my 6.0 PSD fixed under warranty when it blew a head gasket. because my truck was chipped..And the chip did not cause the blown head gasket!!

quadhauler
07-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Abrannan19
yeah..good luck on that law. if there is any notes about a voided warranty in the back of the owner manual..then that law is null and it can be voided...I know belive me I went through hell trying to get my 6.0 PSD fixed under warranty when it blew a head gasket. because my truck was chipped..And the chip did not cause the blown head gasket!!

Like I said, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will protect you as a consumer if the mods you do have nothing to do with the warranty issue. Certainly a manufacturer can make a strong case that chipping a diesel could have led to the blown headgasket. A chipped diesel potentialy raises HP, changes fuel air mixture etc.. I'm not saying that's what happened to your truck (shoulda bought a Chevy :p ). What I'm saying is if you put an aftermarket exhaust on your bike and your CDI fails, they can't void your warranty, period.

d3ktrix
07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by quadhauler
Like I said, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act will protect you as a consumer if the mods you do have nothing to do with the warranty issue. Certainly a manufacturer can make a strong case that chipping a diesel could have led to the blown headgasket. A chipped diesel potentialy raises HP, changes fuel air mixture etc.. I'm not saying that's what happened to your truck (shoulda bought a Chevy :p ). What I'm saying is if you put an aftermarket exhaust on your bike and your CDI fails, they can't void your warranty, period.

This is correct, I just got the reminder from honda today that my 60day warranty is going to expire soon. I read the terms on the back says the warranty can only be voided if your add-on's caused that exact problem.

st8jacket
07-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
This is correct, I just got the reminder from honda today that my 60day warranty is going to expire soon. I read the terms on the back says the warranty can only be voided if your add-on's caused that exact problem.
I'll third that motion....

firefighterjosh
07-25-2006, 01:40 AM
If you add something to your quad like a pipe and it blows up then they will say that was the issue. Companys are like that and will screw you. Just put it on and if you have problems then take it off and put the stocker back on. Its not being honest, but o well.

Abrannan19
07-25-2006, 05:49 AM
they cannot directly relate the blown head gasket to the chip because the stock trucks where doing the same thing...its the high compression (chip doesn't change that)and not enough head bolts on each head..that act sounds good and i tried it...try it for yourself ..and you will see how far it gets you..big companies a smart!;)

a durmax is like a climax....on lasts for a second!:blah:
lol

firefighterjosh
07-30-2006, 09:54 PM
A chip on a Diesel will raise pressure to the trubo due to the extra air fuel mixture, and can blow a head gasket due to the extra boost.

Abrannan19
07-31-2006, 07:29 AM
firefighterjosh

now explain the same problem happening to a bone stock truck..

also...the will not raise the psi..it will run 32 psi with the chip on or off..

procircuit406ex
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
i dont think it will void the warranty,my 400 came from the dealer with a s/o

hondamano4
07-31-2006, 07:31 PM
i know my dealer dont care what i do to the motor. because i but a rekules clucth i my 450r myshelf and he said that if a crank bearing was to go bad that it would not void my warranty but if something was to go wrong with the clucth that my warranty would be voided