PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who I Ran Into At Sandlake?

MarkyNark
08-20-2002, 04:07 PM
Last week I ran into the one and only Clif Robinson of the Detroit Pistons at Sandlake. Clif has a number of quads, including a 400ex along with a Raptor and at least one Banshee. I met Clif last year, along with his friends Kboo and Stu who also are avid quad riders. Check out the pics on my site at Party Pics Page 2 (http://www.markynark.com/PartyPics2.html) and Party Pics Page 3 (http://www.markynark.com/PartyPics3.html) . Clif was even nice enough to invite me into his camp for dinner. Expect to see more pics of him at Sandlake over Labor Day.

See Ya! :D

JabberJaw
08-20-2002, 04:20 PM
which one is Clif?

Quadfather
08-20-2002, 04:23 PM
####edited#######
not a very nice comment.

MarkyNark
08-20-2002, 04:23 PM
Clif is on the right in the black pistons sweatshirt. Kboo is on the left. Kboo is local to the Portland area and is good friends with Clif. Clif also used to play for the Portland Trail Blazers. I met Clif last year when Kboo got on Clif's Raptor and raced me in a dune drag up the first bowl at Sandlake. I got beat, but can think of nobody better to get beat by, than Kboo running one of Clifs quads! They both are good guys! Stu was fun too - Check out his Sand Rail!

Doibugu2
08-20-2002, 04:34 PM
That is one bad as* paint job on Stu's Raptor! Good to see nothing happened to you with all that happens with NBA players. He could have stripped you naked and made you roll around in the sand, like Allen Iverson did to his wife:blah

MarkyNark
08-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Oh I see. Well, I've known Clif since last year. I wouldn't say that we are friends, but more acquaintances. Kboo & I on the other hand seem to be better than just acquaintances. After Clif invited me over for dinner (which was very casual outside his RVs) he talked to me about my DS. I think that’s pretty big of a guy to be interested in my $hit, when it’s pretty pale in comparison to his. As you mentioned, that rail that Stu has really kicks butt. One of Stu's buddies was driving around the inside of the 1st bowl and that rotary motor sounded like a fricken indy car. I know it doesnt look fast, but man, it was the fastest one out there that day. Clif's Bronco isn't too shabby either! Check out those rear shocks!

Ham Sandwich
08-20-2002, 09:12 PM

"i have been edited by the nazi's running the show...."

suzukidzrider
08-20-2002, 09:35 PM
ham you moved to virgina ,,better riding then jersy i bet,and where do you always get the wierd pics like the nightrider one a while back

Ham Sandwich
08-20-2002, 09:59 PM
hmm i have NO clue what that had to do with the original post but hey good lookin out.Keep bangin

Castor-426ex
08-20-2002, 11:17 PM
i guess there always has to be a jackass in the bunch

well hey at least now we know where hes at:p

spincr4hire
08-21-2002, 05:25 AM
Hey Marky,
Cool pic ! I knew it was Clif, I follow the NBA pretty heavily. Don't pay attention to these guys on here that didn't know who he was. Its cool that Clif and others are into quads like us.:devil

Ham Sandwich, b-ball sux ? hockey rocks ?...MOVE to Canada, ay...

Ham Sandwich
08-21-2002, 06:53 AM

"edited again by the taliban"

i am so sick of P.C.!

spincr4hire
08-21-2002, 07:51 AM
Yeah, Virgin-inya is so much more dignified than Kentucky...
The name means nothing...just taken from the old show and my nickname in high school... Spens(c)er for Hire..um, nevermind.
Why don't you lace up your high tops, put on your tennis skirt, and drive over so I can take you to school....don't forget your sports bra.

Ham Sandwich
08-21-2002, 08:12 AM
I do not like green eggs and HAM. I do not like them Ham I am.

umm those are not my cheesy comments, just getting regulated by the local militia

brokeitin3
08-21-2002, 08:24 AM
That Wonder chick is hotttttttt!:devil Thats my .02 worth!

08-21-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Ham Sandwich

second off your from bang my bro kentucky

And so am I..:mad: Do us a favor and leave this thread alone,,go find another to reply too,,you've not said anything helpful, nice, or intelegent in this thread...you come straight out bashing people in your first reply.. Get a grip..:rolleyes:

spincr4hire
08-21-2002, 09:12 AM
get him, Rico !:devil
yeah Ham, your mom took her teeth out for me, felt real nice, I rested my beer on her flat head, too:eek:

Razorback
08-21-2002, 09:21 AM
:eek:

Bean
08-21-2002, 10:16 AM
spincr4hire < i like the way this man thinks

anyway, hockey blows and its cool that we hav a few famous people that ride, boost the sport kinda thing, move to canadia man, hockey was invited up there, so go up there and bother the french people

TheChknhwk
08-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Cliff Robinson is the man, he helped take Detroit Pistons to the playoffs this year. He is always givin his all on the court & now he's gettin more props for bein an off roader. He should come hang at silver lake in MI tho, so some Piston fans can get a chance to meet him - tell him that next time you see him.

Hawk

TheChknhwk
08-21-2002, 01:43 PM
I know everyone's a critic, but just a suggestion to unloop that sound on the intro page on your website. I have to mute my stuff so I can browse it at work, or hmmm..... maybe I should be working.....NAH!!:D AND SEND CLIFF TO SILVER LAKE DUNES!!

Hawk

MarkyNark
08-21-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by TheChknhwk
I know everyone's a critic, but just a suggestion to unloop that sound on the intro page on your website. I have to mute my stuff so I can browse it at work, or hmmm..... maybe I should be working.....NAH!!:D AND SEND CLIFF TO SILVER LAKE DUNES!!

Hawk

TheChknhwk,

There will be some changes to the entry page in the fall. There will be a general entry page added with the music, and the main page you see now, will have no looped music so that you can navigate from the main menu at work!

Marky

twisted threads
08-22-2002, 03:46 AM
I have herd of Cliff being at SandLakes before but have never seen him there. Did you say he was going back over Labor day weekend if so Why Sandlakes? Coos Bay is lots more fun to ride. or winchester bay. Next time you see him tell him to become a EXriders freak like us!!:D :cool:

4punksdad
08-22-2002, 06:26 AM
ham and the others who chose to flame this thread..................you just joined the "get booted candidate school". Keep up the good work & see where it gets you. I suggest you fellas edit your flames & racial comments.

MarkyNark
08-22-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I have heard of Clif being at SandLake before but have never seen him there. Did you say he was going back over Labor day weekend if so Why Sandlake? Coos Bay is lots more fun to ride. or Winchester bay. Next time you see him tell him to become a EXriders freak like us!!:D :cool:

Clif usually does go to Sandlake several times a year, which include Labor Day and Memorial Day weekend. His cadre does visit other areas, which include St Anthony's Dunes and Glamis. Your guess is as good as mine why he continues to return to Sandlake. However, in my opinion, it is one of the best places to go if you like a social atmosphere and love to dune drag. It's proximity to Portland (less than 2 hours away) is a plus for anyone living in the Portland area, as well as those that fly into the Portland Airport and take the two hour drive west! Sandlake is a small area compared to the Oregon Dunes, but, it does have a little of everything, Beaches, trials, dune drags, and open sand flats.

My buddy has a site called Dune Review On-Line (http://sandboxtoys.tripod.com/) that has some of these NW Dune sites on it with pics. Check it out!

twisted threads
08-23-2002, 03:46 PM
I can under stand the short drive part and your right on the drag racing there are always fast bikes at sandlakes. When is the next time all of them guys going to St. Anthonys, because Im going over there next Memorial Day Week should be a blast.

MarkyNark
08-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by twisted threads
I can under stand the short drive part and your right on the drag racing there are always fast bikes at sandlakes. When is the next time all of them guys going to St. Anthonys, because Im going over there next Memorial Day Week should be a blast.

Twisted, I don't know Clif's schedule, but historically, he goes to Sandlake several times a year. There are other places that his group goes to, like Glamis and St Anthony's, but your guess is as good as mine when he goes to those places.

Marky

09-01-2002, 10:08 PM
People should really try not to offend other people in here, but anyway that is really cool that you got to ride with those guys there. You can meet all kinds of cool people quadin.....:)

MarkyNark
09-03-2002, 12:55 PM
More pics of Sandlake over labor day at my website (http://www.markynark.com/LaborDay2002.html) .

MarkyNark
09-09-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by TheChknhwk

Hawk

Hawk,

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. The changes have been made on the site - take a look at the new entry page when you get a chance.

Marky's Website (http://www.markynark.com)

tants
09-09-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by 4punksdad
ham and the others who chose to flame this thread..................you just joined the "get booted candidate school". Keep up the good work & see where it gets you. I suggest you fellas edit your flames & racial comments.

WORD!

ThorChick
09-16-2002, 01:18 AM
Sorry to be jumping in on this thread so late, but I just wanted to tell Marky what a great site he has!! I read this thread before Labor Day weekend knowing we were going to Sandlake and thought it'd be cool if we did see Clif while we were there. Sure enough, we found his "circus" when we pulled into the second parking lot to use the bathrooms. Needless to say, my girl friends all took an extra trip daily to the second parking lot to use the bathrooms when the first parking lot was much closer to our camp. I got a chance to meet Clif on Sunday night when we went over to his camp and partied with them for a while. Friends of ours know him from working on some of his rigs, or something like that.
I don't know if you would have seen me or not, but I was riding an '86 blue and white 250R most of the weekend. Even got the balls up to take it out and drag race it with the big boys a few times. I had a few bad starts, but that R is a monster and caught up pretty quick most of the time. I even managed to smoke some pretty nice banshees. :D Not bad for a girl huh?

MarkyNark
09-16-2002, 08:39 AM
Thorchick,

Dang! A chick with her own quad! I'm not worthy! :D . I wish I could have took a pic of you and your quad at Sandlake. There are so few ladies there at Sandlake that have thier own quad. If you have any pics of your quad, please send them, I'd love to post them!

Marky

ThorChick
09-16-2002, 12:05 PM
The 250R isn't "actually" my quad, its my boyfriends. But I do have a 2002 300ex, and lots of pics! We should have more soon from Labor Day weekend, they just haven't been picked up yet from the photo place. Let me know what address you want them sent to and I'll send ya some.

Kacy

MarkyNark
09-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Thorchick,

Ok I PM'd you my mailing address. I can scan any photo you have and put them on the website. Sorry to hear you have a boyfriend! :rolleyes: . It's hard for find a girl here in the northwest that enjoy's riding quads as much as being romantic. Your man is lucky! ;)

Cheers!

Marky

ThorChick
09-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Well thanks!! Its pretty cool being with someone that you share interests with, and me and my bf have a lot in common. I totally understand what you mean about not being able to find a girl that can be a girl and still go out and ride with the guys, I have a hard time myself finding chicks that will go riding with me, and keep up! I'm not afraid of much these days, and the only thing that holds me back is the lack of power my 300ex has. I'm hoping that by spring I'll either have a 330 kit in it or the money to buy a banshee. Gotta run, if you have aol or aim put me on your buddylist, my aol sn is thorridnprincess.

Later, Kacy ;)

TheChknhwk
09-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Shoot, post your pics here for all to see:D Then marky can just grab them from here.

Hawk

MarkyNark
09-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Mine, mine, all mine! :huh :D :D .

TheChknhwk
09-16-2002, 01:51 PM
They'll just end up on your website anyways, I was just being lazy....

Hawk

ThorChick
09-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Alright, here....I'll post a pic of my boyfriend's 250R....but if you wanna see my bike you gotta check out my website....

MarkyNark
09-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Now you're famous (http://markynark.com/RRides16.html) !

beerock
09-16-2002, 05:57 PM
umm back to the original post....

I think he likes you man........

hes staring at you like he wants to well you know..... maybe he invited you in for dinner and a little soemthin else...

or maybe your not teling us everything that happened....

:p :p :p :D j/k

MarkyNark
09-16-2002, 06:07 PM
Riiiiight :rolleyes:

ThorChick
09-16-2002, 08:04 PM
WOOHOO!! I'm somebody!! Hehe, thanks Marky....