View Full Version : 2006 Throttle Position Sensor

moogie66
07-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Can someone explain to me the function of the TPS on the 450r
It tells the position of throtle, but for what function
Thanks

st8jacket
07-23-2006, 09:22 AM
I think,now this is purely speculation that it works with the ignition,...I could be wrong but I'm allmost certain thats what it works in conjunction with ..

GPracer2500
07-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by st8jacket
I think,now this is purely speculation that it works with the ignition,...I could be wrong but I'm allmost certain thats what it works in conjunction with ..

You got it. The TPS is a sensor used by the CDI. The CDI uses throttle postion data to modify how much ignition advance there is. If you unplug the TPS sensor than the CDI just uses a default ignition map. The TPS doesn't affect the function of the carb at all.

desratt
07-23-2006, 07:06 PM
on the 04-05 it defaulted to wide open throttle

moogie66
07-23-2006, 07:18 PM
While we are talking about wiring, who knows at what temp should the temp light come on
I take it the sensor gives info to CDI unit and this tells light to come on. Is there a spec for this
I ask this as I am finding my temp light comes on after a race but when i use heatgun on thermostat hsg it indicates temp is within range. I guess i could remove sensor, put in water and heat up and record when light comes on, would this work
I couldnt actually find a spec in manual to say what temp is when light comes on ?????

st8jacket
07-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I guess i could remove sensor, put in water and heat up and record when light comes on, would this work

I dont see why not...