PDA

View Full Version : GPS info

330exkid
07-22-2006, 11:44 PM
has anyone instaled a GPS on their R
if so pm me with info thanxs bros

jesshamner
07-22-2006, 11:47 PM
Are you talking about Global Positioning System? If so what's to know about it? Just buy the handle bar mount and put it on. If you have ever used a belt clip for cell phone and you can tighten a couple bolts, you're all set.

330exkid
07-23-2006, 12:28 AM
what about power does it have a charger or whats the deal with that

thnxs

GPracer2500
07-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Almost all small, portable GPS units run off of AA or AAA batteries. Many units do have issues with shutting down because the batteries momentarily loose contact due to handlebar vibration. Putting a strip of electrical tape on the batteries to snug them up in their mounts usually solves this. Some units can be hardwired into a regulated 12v power supply.

I use a Gramin Fortrex 101 on my bikes. It's small, inexpensive, and does what I need it to do. The wrist strap works nicely on crossbar pads and there is also an optional handlebar mount offered by Garmin.

http://www.nwbackpack.com/images/catalog/regular/liberty_mountain_products/liberty_mountain_products_2kFx.jpg

330exkid
07-23-2006, 12:54 AM
thanxs man, realy aprec. it

jesshamner
07-23-2006, 06:22 AM
There should be a little spring that comes with the handlebar mount that will stabilize the batteries. Look for that before you start in with the electrical tape.

I don't know about the 250r, but on the Cannondale you can mount a cig style power outlet so you can just use the car adapter for easy mounting and power. I would go that route if the stator can handle it.