PDA

View Full Version : National Riders need your help

Nick110
07-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Well im going to race Unadilla this year. It will be my first national ever. My question is how is it run? I have herd that there is one moto one day and your second moto the next day. How/when is practice? What are the easier B classes.(prod, 4strk, open, 265)? Anyother tips I need to make this a successful national.

Thanks.

Nick110
07-22-2006, 06:34 PM
TtT

D-7#61-450r
07-22-2006, 07:17 PM
From what I have seen this year the B classes have been the largest turnout. If you do not feel like your a B rider that is ready for A class next year, than you better stay out of the production and 4 stroke class. But you also should never be afraid to challenge yourself, If you run 2 classes pic one to challange yourself and see how you rank. Also practice is friday, also on sat. and sun. morning. Sat qualifier is 1st moto sunday is 2nd moto. Hope this helps good luck.

Nick110
07-22-2006, 07:22 PM
OK. So what your saying is the harder B classes are Prod. and 4 stroke. I think Im gonna run 265 and open. Well then again each class is 40 bucks. I race with a couple kids that are in Production, and they can beat me. Andy Travis, one of the kids I race with usually gets top 5 everytime.

Im going there on thursday and camping out. Friday I will be practicing, then racing sat and sun.

Thanks for the help. Anyone else out there want to share there 2 pennies.

jrspawn
07-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey. I would recomend only racing one of the two you mentioned, 265 and open. One reason is rules, 265 class bassically its anything 450cc and below, and open is for 451cc and up. Dont want to get in trouble your first national:D For another class(not sure how old you are but) 16-24 is one of the best classes to judge yourself off of. There are guys that are pro am pace , all the way to b class pace. So getting out in that class will def. help with pushing yourself. What class do you run locally and how do you do? Only reason i ask is because for the most part, national classes are normally a good faster than your local guys. You have to take that in consideration also. You want to be able to push yourself, but its never good to try riding over your head. Worst come to worse, feel the track and other racers out in practice friday and if you need to make changes you can do so.

Justin

Nick110
07-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by jrspawn
Hey. I would recomend only racing one of the two you mentioned, 265 and open. One reason is rules, 265 class bassically its anything 450cc and below, and open is for 451cc and up. Dont want to get in trouble your first national:D For another class(not sure how old you are but) 16-24 is one of the best classes to judge yourself off of. There are guys that are pro am pace , all the way to b class pace. So getting out in that class will def. help with pushing yourself. What class do you run locally and how do you do? Only reason i ask is because for the most part, national classes are normally a good faster than your local guys. You have to take that in consideration also. You want to be able to push yourself, but its never good to try riding over your head. Worst come to worse, feel the track and other racers out in practice friday and if you need to make changes you can do so.

Justin

I think im gonna run 265 B. I really dont think I will have the money for 2 classes although I would like to run 3 if i could.

Locally I run B and 16-29 and get mid pack to top depending on the track. I race with Matt White and Andy Travis (top of Prod. B) in 16-29. Matt pulles over half a lap lead on me, and Andy gets out to about a quarter of a lap. The track is not my style and I always run slower on that.

I think I can get mid pack in 265 B but I dont really care how I do in that class because it will be my first National and I am more going for the learning experiance.

By the way I just turned 16.

jrspawn
07-22-2006, 11:55 PM
Hey, sounds cool. Id still recomend feeling things out in practice friday and going from there, esspecially being your first national. Like i said you never want to ride over your head for your own and others safety. If you hit practice and feel pretty good with your group, go for it. Good luck this weekend man!

Justin

FHKracingZ
07-23-2006, 12:11 AM
I run usally top 3-4 at local races and i qualified for 4stroke B at walnut and was running in 10th on sunday but had to pull off due to goggle issues... but Prod. B was nutz, 44 people signed up.. deff some sandbagers in that class.. Open B isnt as fast, i got a 4th in the 2nd race and 6th overall... run what your comfortable in... You will most likely have to qualify in alot of class's except for Open B and MAYBE 265B.. dont run 16-24 way to fast of guys , waste of $40 if ure a B rider

D-7#61-450r
07-23-2006, 07:22 AM
I went to watch budds and birch creek this year and production class had guys launching the 110ft triple at birch. And 16-24 if you were not doing it you better be fast enough to compete with the 5 people who were not doing it. The main problem your going to have is qualifing. I believe Unadilla had like 800 riders there last year, and the track doesn't get groomed. Keep your head on ride smart and you may be able to finish good. Remeber if you don't qualify find out if the are going to have an outlaw class for nonqualifiers so you at least get to race sunday.

Nick110
07-23-2006, 10:23 AM
OK guys sounds good. Im running practice on Friday too so I should get a good feel for the track.

I went to Unadilla last year to watch and it was crazy. I believe it was over 600 people signed up to race.

And what is an Outlaw race? Is it a race for the people that didnt qualify and they get to race? Please explain.