douglas red label rims all around

titan low pro'son back fasst trekers on front

re-sprung back shock w rezzie

400ex carb

maier race plastics

ceet graphics and seat cover

cr low bend bars yz kill switch

new starter and many other parts

Sometimes when I hit the starter it sounds like the piston is smacking into something, other times it just turns over. Has anyone else experienced this?:confused:

It is also very hard to get started cold, I don't know if the 400ex carb was ever rejeted when it went on this quad. It runs great once it's warmed up it just takes forever, I end up riding around for a couple minutes on half choke. Do I need to rejet the carb?

Thanks,
Rob

Sjorge450R
07-22-2006, 03:55 AM
that loud noise that you hear is from the High Compression piston. Mine does the same thing. It only does it when you havent started it for a while or on the first start of te day.

Cody_300ex
07-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
that loud noise that you hear is from the High Compression piston. Mine does the same thing. It only does it when you havent started it for a while or on the first start of te day.

Nah its the flywheel, the starter gear has ate off some of the gears of the flywheel. What your hearing is the starter gear grinding up against those worn down teeth on the flywheel. My quad does it really bad, but i've got it jetted good enough to all I have to do is just tap the start button and it starts. But Sjorge is partially right cause a high compression dose not help it at all.

paintfumes
07-22-2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys. How hard is the flywheel to change?

Rob

Sjorge450R
07-22-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by paintfumes
Thanks guys. How hard is the flywheel to change?

Rob

Not hard. Its right in the front of the left crank case. There is no need to change it tho.