PDA

View Full Version : Is this exhaust worth a crap?

forgiven
07-21-2006, 08:53 PM
A lot cheaper than the sparks or yoshi

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260011462166

BlasterEaten250
07-21-2006, 08:58 PM
No.

Mx_523
07-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Nope, you get what you pay for.;)

kyleschonert
07-21-2006, 10:30 PM
I want to know why everyone says no. Unless you try it, dont say no. Now the power gains on this thing were pretty nice. ALOT of torque. It may not look good, and I think the welds were broken on mine, (like that when we bought the quad) but other than that, it was a great pipe for me. Had a really big head pipe to. The only reason we got rid of it b/c it was loud and we put the 330 kit in mine and wanted to try a different pipe on mine. I would get it if you think the price is right. Or, you can buy my old one i have for sale.

ryanh250ex
07-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
I want to know why everyone says no. Unless you try it, dont say no. Now the power gains on this thing were pretty nice. ALOT of torque. It may not look good, and I think the welds were broken on mine, (like that when we bought the quad) but other than that, it was a great pipe for me. Had a really big head pipe to. The only reason we got rid of it b/c it was loud and we put the 330 kit in mine and wanted to try a different pipe on mine. I would get it if you think the price is right. Or, you can buy my old one i have for sale.

1) heavy compared to modern exhausts
2) technology from yesteryear
3) LOUD
4) questionable quality/workmanship

The phrase "you get what you pay for " exists for a reason.

wgbanks
07-23-2006, 07:26 PM
We have a HMF with a W/B head pipe and that combination seems to work and sound great, truthfully my sons 300ex sounds better than my 400ex with a Powerbomb and LRD slipon. Deals on eBay are to be had and the DG you refed is IMHO not a deal. Like the others said, you get what you pay for.

Ryanwolfe911
07-25-2006, 10:21 AM
I have that exhaust on my 300ex and it's a worthless piece of garbage. Not even worth the $50 I paid for it.

bwamos
07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert

Yea, people over exagerate. They arent that bad of a pipe.

It is most definatly a torque pipe. You can tell by the shape of the header. My riding partner has been using a DG Chrome for years.

It's definatly not nearly as nice as a Sparks X-4, or an HMF w/ FMF/WB header, but it's not that bad either.

It's definately not in the catagory with the Cobras.

My old FMF Performax was a bit better than the DG Chrome, but they were both pretty dang close, and both 100x better than stock.

I'd wager money that the DG Chrome puts out more power across the powerband than a HMF Slip-on on a 300ex/250x stock header, which so many here run and swear by.

1) heavy compared to modern exhausts
2) technology from yesteryear
3) LOUD
4) questionable quality/workmanship

1) It's on a 300ex, who cares. I'll be damned if I'd ever put a titainum & carbon fiber exhaust on a 300ex.. lol

2) The DG chrome with the diffuser disks and quiet core, in place is considerably quiter than an HMF setup most people run.

3) Agree.. it's definatly not up there with the sparks, hmf, yosh, etc in craftsmanship quality. But if you can get a used one for a good price for a stock 300ex, it's good enough. I wouldn't pay over $150 for it though.

Seano300ex
07-26-2006, 10:34 PM
well said bwamos

mike c s
07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
i have that pipe on my quad... besides being loud its been a great pipe,