PDA

View Full Version : Its off the stand, now its off to WV

WhiteYFZ
07-21-2006, 07:02 PM
well since i had no luck in fixing my bike, Kevin (KH426) also knows as pappy's brother, offered to help me fix it.:cool: . So now the next time u see a pic, it will be of me riding it hopefully..
wish us luck......

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c278/tjespo22/offthestand1.jpg

mx428
07-21-2006, 07:09 PM
I would suggest you wash it before you start taking stuff apart.

WhiteYFZ
07-21-2006, 07:11 PM
yeah thats a good idea. get water all over the wires!!! lol hahah..naa not a good idea:D

07-21-2006, 07:14 PM
He said before you take it apart, not after.

What happend to it anyway?

Mxjunkie
07-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by mx428
I would suggest you wash it before you start taking stuff apart.

Not a bad idea at all... I've seen people do top ends with a dirty quad I just shake my head :ermm:

It's in good hand's.. Pappy's brother's the man, he gave me a master link at Breezewood when the shee was in it's snapping period.. :o

WhiteYFZ
07-21-2006, 07:36 PM
true, but the problem started after i washed it.

trx400exxracer
07-21-2006, 07:59 PM
yeah my dad is willing to help me work on my quad but he says it has to be klean:eek2:

Yfz450dan
07-21-2006, 08:36 PM
dont worry man,Kevin is awsome,he rejetted my bike for me on the first day i met him!!And i know he's good on working on quads cause everytime i see him at breezewood he's wrenching on some other persons bike!hope u find out the problem!;)

WhiteYFZ
07-21-2006, 08:42 PM
yo dan ill be at brezewood on sun if he fixes it on sat .which im sure he will

Mxjunkie
07-21-2006, 08:53 PM
When's Pappys bday thing, next weekend?

If so I'll be there sunday (next weekend)

TheFontMaster
07-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Kevin spent about an hour at Raush Creek last year helping me get my 250r ready. Deffinatly a helpfull guy.

Whats goin on with pappy's b-day at BPG? I might be commin down saterday next week since I'll be down there lookin at houseing for college.

Yfz450dan
07-21-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ

may not be able to go cause im still waiting on my new a arms from pappy,and no i dont have the stock ones so i cant ride any more,i sold them!(that was dumb) Should of just waited!:mad: but hopefully as soon as i get them,me and my crew will be up there just about every weekend!:D

07-21-2006, 09:08 PM

thats pretty tight im leaving in 2 hours for breezywood, yes 2 in the morning im leaving so if you get it fixed look for me.

07-21-2006, 09:32 PM
lol Why such a random time?

WhiteYFZ
07-21-2006, 09:37 PM
so he can be there in the morn.. ill eb there sunday. cuz ill ahve my xr wit me too:D
c ya there.

Yfz450dan
07-21-2006, 09:37 PM
so thomas are staying down here for the weekend?

07-21-2006, 09:42 PM
so he can be there in the morn.. ill eb there sunday. cuz ill ahve my xr wit me too:D
c ya there.
ye i wanna get first dibs or w.e i live in NJ so it like a 4 hour drive i gotta go pce

DieselBoy
07-21-2006, 11:18 PM
what's wrong with it?:huh

Prey
07-22-2006, 07:50 AM
true, but the problem started after i washed it.

man, i dont know if this is your problem or not, but for anyone who cares...

i have seen this happen at the track many times, the cause as i have seen it has always been the same,

people twisting or using crimp-ons where there has been a break in the wiring, such as adding an after market start, kill switch etc., twisting and crimp-ons allow a build up of dirt, water and corrosion into the connection. twisting wires and crimp-ons have a life of as little as a year depending on use/washing of the quad

i cannot stress enough, soldering is the olny right way to make those connections, spend the $10 and buy a soldering gun and some solder. soldering is very easy to do, not anything like rocket science, but the connections you solder will out last you.

1 last thing while i am at it, seperate your cannon plugs, clean and grease at least once a year, and when you are doing this, check your wire bundles, make sure they are not rubbing, on my 04 450R the bundle under the gas tank rubs exposing the wire about every 50 hours, i know this and keep it taped well

NorCalRacer
07-22-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Prey
man, i dont know if this is your problem or not, but for anyone who cares...

i have seen this happen at the track many times, the cause as i have seen it has always been the same,

people twisting or using crimp-ons where there has been a break in the wiring, such as adding an after market start, kill switch etc., twisting and crimp-ons allow a build up of dirt, water and corrosion into the connection. twisting wires and crimp-ons have a life of as little as a year depending on use/washing of the quad

i cannot stress enough, soldering is the olny right way to make those connections, spend the $10 and buy a soldering gun and some solder. soldering is very easy to do, not anything like rocket science, but the connections you solder will out last you.

1 last thing while i am at it, seperate your cannon plugs, clean and grease at least once a year, and when you are doing this, check your wire bundles, make sure they are not rubbing, on my 04 450R the bundle under the gas tank rubs exposing the wire about every 50 hours, i know this and keep it taped well

Words of the wise:D

WhiteYFZ
07-23-2006, 07:06 AM
well it was the first stator, then when i put the new one in i screwed up the wireing. kevin fixed the whole harness...
(u saw the mess) he fixed it in 1:48 on the dot. also 05_kfx gave us a hand the whole day and helped us out. well i just woke up.. just waiting for kev and my dad to get up and were off to breezewood. ill have pics!!!!

tar
07-23-2006, 11:33 AM
so he already fixed it?

WhiteYFZ
07-23-2006, 10:12 PM
yeha just got home in ny