PDA

View Full Version : rebuilt engine has problems..

gentz
07-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Heu there guys im new here all the way from mexico, i own a honda trx 250r, 1986, i just rebuilt the engine put in a new cylinder to standard new rings, piston , bearings etc.... well it come to the day i start it, it ran good some bit more smoke but i beleive thats normal, well on the second day i couldnt start it anymore, the kickstarter would suddenly kick back? i rechecked everything but it doesnt make sense, it ran fine the first day now when its about to start it kicks back? I need your help... im all out of ideas, i thought about timing but its non adjustable ? what could it be.....Help.

JOEX
07-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Try a new spark plug?

DieselBoy
07-21-2006, 08:53 PM
so your saying it wants to run (fires) but when it fires the kickstart kicks back? try a fresh plug for starters, check your spark, make sure your getting fuel, check your air filter... check your compression? it sounds like it's trying to go:macho

gentz
07-21-2006, 09:38 PM
i already tried a new sparkplug, but the problem is thisi kick it a few times then suddenly the kickstarter kicks back and hard. i have noticed it getting a bit flooded but i blow it all out and put in a new plug and after a few kicks it suddenly kicks back as if the spark was there before tdc? just dont know what else i already took it apart 3 times and all is ok.i started it fine and easy right after the rebuild and now i just cant.....why would my kickstart kick back? and it does it hard due to the good compression in the engine.....

1fst400
07-21-2006, 10:11 PM
my guess is the ignition timing is off.

I have never had the 250r motor apart so I cant tell ya how to check it. But I would def say timing. or a faulty cdi mabie

take the fly wheel off if you can, some times the key can get sheered off.:confused:

gentz
07-22-2006, 07:28 AM
I already removed it and checked it, its all ok. now the only thing left is to try out a new cdi unit....