PDA

View Full Version : Why do some people hate the raptor?

FreeRider4LIFE
07-21-2006, 05:01 PM
Why do some people call the raptor a craptor? What's rong with it?

tp300ex
07-21-2006, 09:08 PM
i like them the only thing is that they pull up so easy kinda tipsy

katch26
07-27-2006, 12:20 PM
probably because they own a 450....people that own 450 tend to think anything thats not a 450 is junk.

JKWGA400EX
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM
because they suck for mx,drag,tt,and much more.the only thing there good for(unless u dump a crap load of money in them,wich would get better results with a different quad)is there decent for trails,but still not the best for that either.i seen a 400ex with pipe filter,jets,be right even with a 660 that had a aftermarket filter.sometimes the ex would win sometimes the raptor.anyway i hope u get the point.

jared

oldsandman
08-06-2006, 08:45 AM
The 700 is a different beast than the 660. It handles much better. Doesn't have the old tippy feeling. Much better stock suspension, add some yfz45o take off shocks and it is very good.
As for the motor it's a beast waiting to be un-corked. Just a few simple mods:Pull the exhaust plug, open the airbox, add a new filter and get a controller and you will smoke any piped and jetted 400ex. Their are allready some 70+hp 700 running on the sand out here.

DieselBoy
08-13-2006, 04:56 PM
maybe because this is primarely a honda atv site, and most hate yamaha in general.

ignorance is a bliss

f4istunna
08-21-2006, 04:56 PM
i never liked the 660 raptors at all. But i bought a 700 a few months ago and love it. Way better stance and handling, its the ultimate trail/woods biker in my opinion has the torque to do whatever you need it to.

660 needs axle, a arms, etc to be even just decent in my opinion yamaha screwed up w/ the 660 raptor and redeemed therselves w/ 700

73watermutt
08-23-2006, 03:37 PM
The people that hate them never learned how to ride them properly. The only way a a piped ex beat the raptor is because of the rider. I have had or rode about every quad under the sun and I prefer the Raptor over them all. In the end it does come down to personal preferance.

DieselBoy
08-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 73watermutt
The people that hate them never learned how to ride them properly. The only way a a piped ex beat the raptor is because of the rider. I have had or rode about every quad under the sun and I prefer the Raptor over them all. In the end it does come down to personal preferance.

I agree.

tim colston
08-24-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
I agree.

I don't

But that is my opinion.

WoofersInc
08-24-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the others. The rider has a huge impact on what the bike can do. Put Doug Gust or one of the other top riders on any quad and he will kick your ***. I don't care what you are riding. The 660 did have some flaws but that has definitely been fixed with the 700. Another factor is the type of riding and the area you are riding. A 400 is not going to stay with me in the dunes. Put us on a tight , twisty trail and the 400 can stay right there based on the rider. Each bike has it's area will it will perform better than another but you are not a better rider because you are on a better bike.

DieselBoy
08-25-2006, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by WoofersInc
I'm gonna have to go with the others. The rider has a huge impact on what the bike can do. Put Doug Gust or one of the other top riders on any quad and he will kick your ***. I don't care what you are riding. The 660 did have some flaws but that has definitely been fixed with the 700. Another factor is the type of riding and the area you are riding. A 400 is not going to stay with me in the dunes. Put us on a tight , twisty trail and the 400 can stay right there based on the rider. Each bike has it's area will it will perform better than another but you are not a better rider because you are on a better bike.

Again, I agree.

firefighterjosh
08-30-2006, 02:48 AM
The new raptors are ok but the old ones SUCK!

Why....

Tranny Problems
Starter problems
Tippy
Boots pop off carb. A ***** to get back on
If you try fixing the problem with tighter clamps then the boot rips and sucks in air.

The only thing I liked about the one my friend had was the tourq