PDA

View Full Version : Which quad is most reliable, 660r or yfz450?

FreeRider4LIFE
07-21-2006, 03:03 PM
Wich will have less motor problem's and less valve adjustments?
I don't race i just ride in sand pit's, trails, and rail road traks, wich would be a better quad for just free riding?

FreeRider4LIFE
07-21-2006, 04:48 PM
???

zeppelin
07-21-2006, 06:21 PM
they are both very reliable with regular maintaince, if i HAD to say one or the other id say the raptpr might be because it has a larher deiplacement and will not be revved out as much as the 450. dont get me wrong though the yfz is bullet proof if you take care of it...

but if i were you id buy the bike for its power charactistics handleing and its ergonomics. go to a dealer and sit on both bikes and see which one fits you better, id personaly go with the yfz because it is a lighter, snappier, better handleing bike....

m.h.s.c.#527
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
yfz 450

01-15-2007, 07:16 PM
and more... :D ;) :D

regards, Anpo

KingpinsEx
01-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Any of the 450s have high maintenance engines. They are designed for performance and that takes it's toll on a motor. That's not to say you'll have problems with a YFZ but you will need to frequently check the valves and change the oil.

The raptor is no turd either, they are both great machines but it should require less maintenance. As long as the tranny problems were fixed as they were in the later models, i don't see you having any problems. The only thing is the new 700s with FI I wouldn't trust. My buddy got one and only had problems, the thing was in the shop more than it was on the trails!

Anyways both make great rides for freeriding, as someone else stated it depends on your kind of riding style...but i see the raptor being more reliable with less maintenance.

Glenyzracer25
01-23-2007, 08:49 PM
raptor's are more reliable, 450's require more service's and are shorter living.

450rJam
01-26-2007, 07:02 PM
what he said ^^^

stock the rappy is more reliable
the yfz is faster/better handleing

300exryder
01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Seeing as how we aren't discussing "who will win in a drag" and "which one dominates in a drag," a big benefit in choosing the Raptor for your riding style is the reverse. I frequently find myself using the pre '05 400ex reverse (rolling the front wheels with your feet :) ) instead of using reverse. When you find yourself at the edge of a new dropoff or stuck in soft sand in a stream bottom, the reverse will likely be a lifesaver.

Check out this thread to see some of the terrain my Raptor has covered... http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=278280