PDA

View Full Version : Powerband Bog..... HELP PLEASE!!!!!

MX450
07-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I finally got her back together and took it out to ride, right after it hits the power band it bogs down, its like 1/2 to full throttle, only weird thing is it doesnt do it wide open in 6th gear:confused:

Ive tried to mess around with the jetting, its got a 180 main in it now, i tried a 190, nothing, tried a 170, still nothing. keeps doing it.

When i bought this bike it ran perfect. The ONLY thing i have done motor-wise is gotten fresh top end gaskets, and my friend honed the cylinder a little. I didnt change the top end, looked to have a few hours left in it.

What do you guys think?? could this be the result of a bad honing job??

fireburns99
07-21-2006, 04:13 PM
Well it probably wasn't smart to hone it. The top end breaks in to a certain cylinder, and when you change it by honing it, it may have thrown it out of wack. A good analogy is if you've ever take someone elses shoes of the same size, they will feel different because they were broken in according to a different foot. I hope that analogy makes sense.

But i still don't think it would cause a bog that bad. Did you do a compression check? Maybe only try changing the jet a little at a time. Going 10 sizes each way right off the bat won't tell you.

beerock
07-21-2006, 05:25 PM
yes when you hone a cylidner you need to put new rings in , and even then its still not the best thing to do...

i had the same mis you had and it was because the piston was deforming under the heat because heat was going past the rings and deforming the piston

sounds like you need a bore and hone job and new piston one over bore up....

MX450
07-21-2006, 10:43 PM
ahh thats what i was afraid of, anyone know where i can send it off to to get that stuff done? or how much it might cost? The jug is ported/polished by trinity, should i send it to them?

BLACKeR
07-22-2006, 09:14 AM
any shop can bore it for you, its not a complicated job. my shop will bore it for $45 piston kits are around $100

hontrx265r
08-03-2006, 08:33 PM
You must be using the red one, if you put in the purple power band that **** will rip!!!