PDA

View Full Version : can you hear a difference between 93db and 96db exhaust?

cbr929rr
07-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I want a quiet exhaust that gives bottom to mid gains? I am looking at big gun 94db slip and yoshimura 96db slip. I emailed dr. d exhaust and theirs is at 97 with quiet core ( I know the yfz tested at 94 but they informed me the can was 2 inches longer and that was why it is lower). I don't want white brothers e series with disks because it is longer than the rear grab bar and i ride wheelies that touch the grab bar all the time. I never race so top end is not as important, i mostly ride trails and pull wheelies? I want bottom end and i can't hear my quad when i ride with other people. Thanks for your help.

PolarisRider
07-21-2006, 01:02 PM
idk about your question but the white brothers doesnt stick past the grab bar. my friend has one on his 400ex

bigbearkid4x4
07-23-2006, 12:10 PM
my 400ex with the yoshimura full system and with the quiet core its not that loud and i got a great power gain. then if u want u can take it out and be loud but it doesnt make that much of a difference

<DRS>GPF
07-23-2006, 06:11 PM
my WB e-series never went past the grab bar, so you mustve been looking at something other than stock..

as for the db question, its possible to tell 93db from 96db..(if you have keen hearing and a silent place to test it..) odds are, youll never tell considering all of the variances that could apply..

decibel strength isnt linear, its like a pressure increase by a factor of 10 per db..(something like that..)

here's a test you can try..
http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/~jw/hearing.html

krt400ex
07-24-2006, 07:29 PM
yosh sells a 93 dec. insert too