PDA

View Full Version : rc car ?

clutt225
07-20-2006, 11:26 PM
3.3 revo, 3.3 t maxx, or the hpi savage X I don't know much about them but these are the three that I am looking at so far. Dose any one on here have much experiance with nitro rc. Any thing you can teach me would be great.

13th Grave
07-20-2006, 11:42 PM
I got a revo forsale:D

13th Grave
07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Or trade for a stock set of YFZ shocks to put on a banshee.

07-21-2006, 12:10 AM
better have lots of money for those

my tmaxx was a money pitt! :mad:

so i sold it and got 4 wheeler parts

clutt225
07-21-2006, 12:11 AM
Sorry I don't have any yfz shocks and I don't buy this type of thing used. Wich revo do you have and how did you like it and why do you want to sell.

thanks

Ralph
07-21-2006, 12:22 AM
They get boring pretty fast. trust me. I had more fun building them and painting bodies then running them because they just get trashed.

DRT
07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
I would go with a Revo.I have a modded savage I havn't taken out for a while due to the fact it always fries a diff. To change a diff. is a project you basicly have to take apart most of the truck.

Conman007
07-21-2006, 05:43 PM
DO NOT BUY THOSE THINGS thay are a waste of money big time IF UR RICH THEN YES BUY ONE BUT IF NOT THEN DONT

go to www.rcuniverse.com thayll give u all the information if you deside to buy one.

BlasterEaten250
07-21-2006, 06:07 PM
my brothers friend has a 3.3 revo and that thing is sooo fast:eek: :cool: Just know that it will be a lot of money to mantain, fix broken parts, fuel etc..

nosliw
07-21-2006, 06:13 PM
JATO BABY

JForestZ34
07-21-2006, 07:55 PM
I have three nitro cars. 2 truck's and one buggy. There not really that expensive to maintain. The biggest thing that break's on these car's are the control arm's. If you land wrong you could pop the little tie-rod out. If that happen's just put a new one on it. If you fry an engine yes that will cost some money, but if it's tuned right you should not have to worry about that. When the engine gets old all you have to get is a new sleeve and piston about $40 for those depending on what engine you have. I have a T-Maxx the older one with the TRX.15 engine which is to small for the truck but was fun when I first got it. I also have a Savage, and I'll tell you what I've beaten the )($# out of this thing and it keeps on going. On the savages the diff's are the weak points. On mine it only have the 2 bevel gears in the diff. The new one's have the four, alot stronger with the four. I love these things just nice to go out and just mess around with them really cool. One thing I wouldn't skimp on is a radio. DON'T buy an AM radio, they are cheap and you get interferance on those radios. Get yourself an nice FM radio like JR or Airtronics.

Clutt225 If you need any help or want some more advise just give me a P.M.

James

zack221
07-22-2006, 03:39 AM
go with electric all nitro cars or trucks IMO are junk get an emaxx (samething as tmaxx but electric) and put a brushless motor on it
you will come out ahead in the long run just get a big battery and charger and u wont have to buy gas and tune it every day to get it to run