PDA

View Full Version : Siezed?!?!

Keats
07-20-2006, 10:52 PM
Today riding I was burning oil way too much, so we figured a blown gasket. I went to ride, so ride I did. I added oil and it worked fine for 100 miles if not more, adding oil periodically. Then all of a sudden she wouldnt shift, it would die. Did this twice. Now it won't turn over and when I try to start it clicks once and the headlights flash. Siezed? I think so....

Now the real question, what do I do next? 406, 416, 426, replace the stocker? Whats cheapest and easiest? A buddy of mine is good with engines so we will try to do this ourselves...call in the pros if it gets screwed up of course.

So, what are my price options?? What all do I need??

any help would be great, thanks!!

underpowered
07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
what your next step is is up to you. if you want to stay small you could get a pro-x piston and go like .020 overbore. of if youwanted to get a 406, a 416 or a 426 if you wanted to go that route. if youdo go larger, i would suggest atleast a 416. there will be no way you could just replace teh stock piston if you seized it, you will have to bore but how much is up to you.

what you will need is Piston kit, Top end gaskets, someone to bore the cylinder. you may need more depending on what all went wrong when it seized, but you wont know till you tear into it. for price, youshould be able to do it for about $200-300 for a basic top end rebuild.

Keats
07-21-2006, 04:33 PM
ok that's not too bad price wise. I'm thinking a 416 or 426. What's the benefit of a 416? Should I just go to a 426? How much overbore do I need for a 426? Are any other parts necessary to run a 426, like oil coolers and what not? Where did you get the 426 piston/gasket kit? Sorry for all the questions....

Thanks

82CSMiata
07-22-2006, 08:08 PM
I too am in the same boat, I am also interested in either the 416 or 426 so I am bumping this thread to try to get some answers too.

patches85
07-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Check on ebay for parts. I would also add oversize headstuds.

johnsls
07-23-2006, 05:46 AM
I have the 426 and love it, look in my sig.
Stage II cam, HMF slip on.

You can do the install yourself but send it out to Colby @ C&D Racing,, (in case you don't know he's on here)

Check with him for prices etc.. the heck with ebay your not gonna save all that much. I sent my cylinder to C&D and had it back in about 2 weeks.

There are advantages of the 416 vs 426 (not sure what) do a search its on here somewhere.

GOOD LUCK:cool:

patches85
07-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by johnsls
I have the 426 and love it, look in my sig.
Stage II cam, HMF slip on.

You can do the install yourself but send it out to Colby @ C&D Racing,, (in case you don't know he's on here)

Check with him for prices etc.. the heck with ebay your not gonna save all that much. I sent my cylinder to C&D and had it back in about 2 weeks.

There are advantages of the 416 vs 426 (not sure what) do a search its on here somewhere.

GOOD LUCK:cool:

I got piston and gasket set for $100 off of ebay. Can one of these outfits on here offer that?