PDA

View Full Version : protein

400exrules
07-20-2006, 08:52 PM
ive started workin out with some friends 2-3 times a week, so i went to gnc today and got some whey protein. it has 21grams of protein in 1 serving. How many servings should i take, and should i take it before or after the workout?

here what i looks like:

trx400exxracer
07-20-2006, 08:58 PM
umm your supposed to take it after and i am not sure how much i forgot but i thought it was somewhere around 2 scoops but not sure dont take my word for it

400exrules
07-20-2006, 09:00 PM
will this help me bulk up and increase strength, or just recover faster??

xtremefullbore
07-20-2006, 09:09 PM
it will help you increase size, and recover muscles after lifting faster, whey protein will make you look like a weird son of a gun if you are small and take only whey protein you should take whey protein and No2. No2 will icrease muscle size, endurance, energy, and weightroom performance

Whey Protein- 1 tablet before lifting, 1 tablet after lefting

No2- 2 scoops in water before lifting, 2 scoops in water after lifting

I took No2 for football and It made me alot bigger but go to your doctor first you may not be able to take No2 or Whey Protein due to health or medical issues u may not know about, seriously they can give you heart attacks and strokes... people think they are just there to make you get jacked but they actually cause heart-attack, stroke, diffuculty breathing, dehydration, weak calves, and much more...

300excrazy98
07-20-2006, 09:15 PM
They say 1-2 grams of protein for every pound you weigh... But i would just go with one before and one after your workout. And i would mix it in a blender with ice cream with vanilla, or milk if its chocolate. Those are the best ways to drink it or it tastes absolutely disgusting!

400exrules
07-20-2006, 09:16 PM
which flavor tastes the best, i accidently got unflavored and it tastes like crap. there goes $25

derekhonda
07-20-2006, 09:16 PM
OK, the breakdown is this, how much do you weigh? you need to get between 1gram of protein and 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight...per day. So if you weight 150 lbs, you need somewhere in the 150g-200g protein range. Calculate your diet, find out where it is at, you might not even need it. In this example, your meals would need to be broken down into 5 or 6 good sized meals taking in around 30g-40grams of protein each meal. This can supplement 1 meal. Take it immediately after a workout (within 20 minutes). Mix it with milk, drink up.

miller821
07-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
which flavor tastes the best, i accidently got unflavored and it tastes like crap. there goes $25
Your taking the powder form right? My dad gets this chocolate flavored kind, put about 2 scoops in with some ice cream and milk.. Shake up real good allowing the ice cream to melt, and its the bomb, tastes so good.

derekhonda
07-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Your taking the powder form right? My dad gets this chocolate flavored kind, put about 2 scoops in with some ice cream and milk.. Shake up real good allowing the ice cream to melt, and its the bomb, tastes so good.

tell your dad to take a scoop out. anything more than 1 scoop and you are just pissing it back out (and that stuff is expensive) substitute in a squirt of hersheys syrup....

derekhonda
07-20-2006, 09:29 PM
ive started workin out with some friends 2-3 times a week, so i went to gnc today and got some whey protein. it has 21grams of protein in 1 serving. How many servings should i take, and should i take it before or after the workout?

here what i looks like:

and damn dude you got ripped off. my 5 pounder whey gold standard was only 40 bucks.

nosliw
07-20-2006, 09:40 PM
bodybuilding.com

400exrules
07-20-2006, 11:22 PM
i just did some reading and it seems like muscle milk is very popular and tastes good. anyone here use it?

07-21-2006, 08:07 AM
i wouldnt use muscle milk...whey protein is good. take it after lifting...it will make your muscles build up stronger and should give you some energy lost because of lifting

but remember, this stuff has side effects--everything does. the best way to lift is with a healthy diet

water, fruits, vegis and get some pasta and milk in there and you should be set

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Dont buy anything from gnc anymore they are way to high on their prices. I buy my stuff from supplement warehouse and just bought 7.5lbs of isopure protien off ebay. I highly recommend the isopure over any protien out there. Mixes perfect with a spoon and tast great. Also it wont give you the ****s unlike most protien out there. Also on the amount its one-two gram per kilogram of weight roughly. Take them in small doses I weigh 180lbs. So i take say 50 grams after work out at 5 pm take 20 around 9 take 30 an hour before bed. Take 50 with breakfast take 20 mid morning and say 30 with lunch. I take over the 2 grams just because my metabloism is so high. You want to spread it over time though. When you work out and break down your muscle tissue it recovers over time not all at once so it needs that protien in a continuous stream. And if you take to much at once you will have what feels like the beer ****s x20.

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 08:27 AM
If you really want to get big, stack muscle tech leukic with muscle tech gakic. That stuff really works. You pack on the lean muscle and get strong as hell. My bench went from 160 say 6 reps to 230 6 reps in about a month. You need to follow the instructions on it and take it every day.

derekhonda
07-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by quadsquadron221
If you really want to get big, stack muscle tech leukic with muscle tech gakic. That stuff really works. You pack on the lean muscle and get strong as hell. My bench went from 160 say 6 reps to 230 6 reps in about a month. You need to follow the instructions on it and take it every day.

Wow, your bench jumped 60 pounds in a month :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Let me see if i can make this any more sarcastic
:confused: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek2: :p

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Coming from a guy that cant even do simple math.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 09:12 AM
However you are correct that would be damn near impossible. I wasnt paying attention. I went from 180-230 around 50 lbs. Thats around 6.25 lbs a lift session. And this is doable with the right supplementation. I did watch a guy gain around 150 lbs in one month while doing a heavy cycle of anibol.

derekhonda
07-21-2006, 09:45 AM
yeah....right......

show me a picture of yourself, id love to see how big you must have gotten

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 09:59 AM
WTF man im not on here to argue about this with you. If you dont want to believe it then thats fine with me. Size wise you get bigger but it doesnt look like you get 50lbs bigger but you get a **** load stronger. 50lbs is not that much. Apparently your not lifting right or somthing. I had quit working out for 5 months. Started back again and gained 50 lb on the bench from my starting point. Probably 20lbs from where i was at when i stopped lifting. Just like this kid thats starting to lift. You get great gains right at first then you level off. I havent gained but maybe 5 lbs on the bench in the last month and a half. This stuff keeps you anabolic and it works.

derekhonda
07-21-2006, 10:05 AM
well, at first you posted 70 pounds gained in a month. I miswrote and put 60, now you just put 50, I guess I see where this trend is going...

No one, under ANY circumstances should put 50-70 pounds on to a max in any month. Probably not ever 4 months. Thats just not healthy. And yes, i know how to lift correctly, and do it day in and day out on my split.

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Well then dont believe i really dont care. I didnt look at what i was typein and got a number wrong. It was 50 lbs. I got back to my old lift weight in about a few lifts. Its not that hard to get back where you stopped from some time back. Then just started pushing harder eating healthy taking supplements and it just happend. And dont tell me there is no way that this is possible under any circumstanse. I guaratee you that i watch a guy that was already pretty big get huge as a horse an was lifting around a 150 more with a anabol meagabol stack. But his nuts are probably the size of peas now.

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok thats wrong. I just talked to my buddy who was this guys roomate. It wasnt anabol and megabol, i dont know where that came from. It was winstrol i believe ( he called it winny) and dianabol.

400exrules
07-21-2006, 10:33 AM
ok........back on subject, i need somethin that taste good too...cuz i just cant stand this gnc pro performance whey

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Isopure Dutch Chocolate. Best tasting stuff. I have had that stuff that you have and i couldnt even get a glass of it down. Isopure tasts great.

400exrules
07-21-2006, 11:19 AM
what about muscle milk, everyone says muscle milk is the best tastin stuff on the market, and it really helps you bulk up.
but i cant find any nutritional info on it, whats in it? is it creatine or protein?

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Muscle milk has somthing in it thats supposed to help your body make more creatine or somthing like that. I have never used it. But i know its supposed to burn fat also. My body fat was to low as it is so i stay away from that kind of stuff.

derekhonda
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
muscle milk is junk

400exrules
07-21-2006, 12:21 PM
well what do u guys recommend then....im 18, 5'11 155lbs, and i want to bulk up a bit (not get fat), and get stronger. i workout 2-3 times a week and im always sore for a few days after workin out. what should i take to help me recover faster, and increase strength?

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Personally i dont think that protien helps that much with recovery time. I do think that the leukic helps with recovery and strength. After you have been lifting for a while you will not get as sore. Being sore (not hurt) is a good thing. I cant hardly make myself sore anymore. Make sure to switch up the lifts that you do every couple weeks or so and take a week off on like week 5. I lift for 4 weeks and take a week off. If you dont switch it up you will stop seeing gains.

derekhonda
07-21-2006, 12:36 PM
well what do u guys recommend then....im 18, 5'11 155lbs, and i want to bulk up a bit (not get fat), and get stronger. i workout 2-3 times a week and im always sore for a few days after workin out. what should i take to help me recover faster, and increase strength?

Lots of protein, gallon of water each day atleast, 2 bananas a day.

ZBlaster
07-21-2006, 04:24 PM
i personally am a firm believer in Muscle Tech Cell Tech... ive been using it from 6 months and took my bench max from a little over 250 where i had been for almost a year, to 305... i also lost around 5% body fat since i began using it... its def. good stuff, plus the orange doesnt taste bad... i got a 4 gallon tub for $60 at GNC...