PDA

View Full Version : Back brakes no worky?

MX MaNiAc 06
07-20-2006, 07:08 PM
A couple months ago my back brakes just quit working? I had my foot on the brake then all the sudden my foot just went down. I didnt think much of it. Just thought they needed bled. I was at the shop 5-6 times since then n always forget to grab brake fluid. I was in no rush for them cuz i hardly use them anyway. But tonight i grabbed some n bled them but they still dont work?

Anyone know what could be wrong?

fox17
07-20-2006, 07:28 PM
i dont know whats wrong but why do you need brakes anyway? they are over rated. j/k. is there a hole in your line? our drz did that cause there was a hole in the line (we think). we bled them and went through half a bottle of brake fluid and gave up.

DJJ450r
07-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Mine did the same thing at my last race, the brakes arn't totally out but the back tires won't lock up, I think it's my master cylinder so I'm going to order one of those and hope it works:ermm:

MX MaNiAc 06
07-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Thats what i mean.. who needs them anyway lol

Thats what mine did. They arent totally out but the back end wont even slide.

bluebaron
07-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
Mine did the same thing at my last race, the brakes arn't totally out but the back tires won't lock up, I think it's my master cylinder so I'm going to order one of those and hope it works:ermm:

Mine does the same thing, i can barly get them to lock up, is there anything else i can check to rememdy it?

07-21-2006, 07:25 AM
my rear brakes are weak compared to my buddy's 450er. i might have to make a cll to the local honda shop befor my warrenty runs out

450Redrider5
07-26-2006, 08:46 AM
usually honda's have great brakes like 100% good

MX MaNiAc 06
07-26-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by 450Redrider5
usually honda's have great brakes like 100% good

They were great till they quit working :huh

MX MaNiAc 06
07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
my rear brakes are weak compared to my buddy's 450er. i might have to make a cll to the local honda shop befor my warrenty runs out

If they are just weaker u could try bleeding them.

07-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Go to the auto parts store and get a vacuum pump. Open the bleeder screw and hook the vacuum pump up and pump the system down. Make sure someone is keeping the resivour full with fluid. It will empty out very quickly. I do my front and rear once a year to replace the fluid. Unless the pads are worn to the point where the caliper is overextended or the master cylinder is bad, this should fix you up.

GotMuscle?
07-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey I am not sure if you did it or not but when you bleed the brakes on a trx450r, the master cylinder is not strong enough to push all the air out. You have to bleed it at every point. Where the line from resovoir goes in to master, then you have to bleed master where the brake line starts out towards rear caliper, then blled line where it meets caliper, then you can bleed the caliper. But all it sounds like to me is that you have air in your master cylinder. also you can get brake fluid out of caliper even if air s still in line. That should fix your problem. Peace

DJJ450r
08-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by bluebaron
Mine does the same thing, i can barly get them to lock up, is there anything else i can check to rememdy it? I bought a new master cylinder and put new fluid in it and they work again:macho my brake fluid was brown:p A master cylinder is only like $30, it actually costs more for the rebuild kit then it does for the whole master cylinder:confused:

roundsy
08-03-2006, 07:37 AM
im having the same problem, should this be something thats covered by warranty?

thanks

gbcap
08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
i got to the start line last race and realized i didn't have back brakes. i rear ended 3 people in the first lap cause i coudln't stop.

i have no clue where my fluid went, but i had NONE in the system and nothing on the s/a or on the caliper or on the trailer floor? i am confused as ****. i am going to bleed them tonight. i have never heard of having to bleed them at every spot on the line? i blead mine fine several times just at the caliper with NO problems.

GotMuscle?
08-03-2006, 05:27 PM
well try it at all points and maybe then you will not have a problem any more if you don't get all the air out you will do what you just said lose all your brake fluid cause a little it of the air moved and let the fluid in resovior rundown if it happens enough then you will have no fluid in rez like you said. bleeding it all poits is what I was told when I had the problem you guys are all haveing by sparks racing. since then no problem

atvrulz
08-03-2006, 05:46 PM
take a syringe full of brake fluid and stick the end of the syringe into the hole at the bottom of the brake fluid resevoir bottle. Shoot the brake fluid into the hole while opening the bleeder bolt then, quickly close bleeder bolt.
If you do the old pump the foot brake pedal while opening and closing the bleeder bolt, it will take forever.
This cured my back break problem immediately.