PDA

View Full Version : Need help

08-19-2002, 11:25 PM
Hey guys, lookin for some advice on mods. I just bought a brand new 400ex. My 1999 honda 400ex was stolen, so I had to get a new one. Anyhow, i left the old one all stock, but i want to do more stuff with this new one. Gettin ready to break it in tomorrow, so looking for mods to buy.

Im going to get an e series white bro's pipe
I'd like to get a k&n filter, stage 1

not sure what else, but what should i rejet too? Also how do i go about modifying the airbox lid? Im in western pennsylvania, so im not sure what to go with. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'd like to go with more mods that are reliability safe. Want a lot more power than stock.

08-20-2002, 12:44 PM
bump

08-20-2002, 12:47 PM
Look for the marcums 416 kit post that's what your lookin for cheif..:devil

08-20-2002, 01:41 PM
I heard that folks were burning up engines with these kits. Enlighten me if you will. I want something totally reliable and safe.

crowdedhead
08-20-2002, 03:52 PM
well putting a white bros pipe and k&n filter on is a good first step...and you will have to rejet

if you drive in real dusty condidtions leave the airbox lid on, if not, pull the lid but put a prefilter on your k&n...

if you want to avoid motor work, the only other things you can do are change sprockets or modify the carb.