PDA

View Full Version : Custom Axis Rear to Titanium?

xsr_racing28c
07-20-2006, 01:04 PM
I'm just wondering how hard it is to change a standard steel Axis rear over to a Titanium spring? Also what changes will i notice? Thanks, JAY

fandl450r
07-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Well the spring rate is different for Ti so it will need to be revalved for the new Ti spring. You save some weight since Ti is a lighter alloy. Other than that ride wise it is pretty similiar.

xsr_racing28c
07-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks FandL, I was just kinda thinking I should match the front Ti shocks and throw a Ti spring on the rear, but I don't know if it's worth the money. Its going to cost me like $400 just for the spring and another $150 to get it re-valved.. Idk..

~JAY

fandl450r
07-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Exactly I had the same dilemma when I ordered mine. It's not worth the extra 550 imo. You can spend that in other places. Although the Ti spring will hold its elasticity much longer than the steel spring, and is signifigantly stronger, the price tag is just too high for my blood. Plus with the way you go through shocks, you'll probably just end up selling it. ;)

xsr_racing28c
07-20-2006, 01:27 PM
HAHA... You must have read my post in the 450r forum...

Thanks for your help FandL!!! ~JAY

I think your the only guy i've seen on the site with the Ti piggys..

~JAY

fandl450r
07-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Sure did! Haha you go through shocks like I go through women. :) No problem, I'm here to help. I have seen one YFZ on here with some but it was awhile back. They are hard to come across with that kind of price tag.

07-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c
Thanks FandL, I was just kinda thinking I should match the front Ti shocks and throw a Ti spring on the rear, but I don't know if it's worth the money. Its going to cost me like $400 just for the spring and another $150 to get it re-valved.. Idk..

~JAY

$150 is too much for a revalve for a rear shock. You should find someone else to revalve your shocks if they are charging that much!