PDA

View Full Version : Swapping Elka Shocks from KFX 400 to YFZ or TRX 450

adinocr7
07-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Well I'm selling off the KFX 400. It has been a great machine but I'm ready for a 450.

My concern is that I have an almost brand new set of Elka shocks (front and back) that ran me $1400.00 I love the shocks and would like to use them on my next ride. I would hate to have to take a loss on these things and have to buy brand new ones when there is only 5 hours or so on these.

Will the Elkas transfer over to a Honda TRX or Yamaha YFZ 450, both with stock A-Arms? I know that changing the springs and having them re-valved is most likely necessary. But as far as hardware wise will they actually "fit" on a new TRX or YFZ? Are there any components (( eyelets, linkage)) that I will need to have changed? Or am I simply S.O.L. and have to sell them off?

Thanks,

Adam

fandl450r
07-20-2006, 01:25 PM
With leverage ratios, different lenghts of shafts, different spring rates. It would be much easier to buy a new set. Although it would be nice to just swap them over. Realistically shocks are built for one application only, the bike they were intended for.

Sjorge450R
07-20-2006, 04:01 PM
take them off, put the stockers on and sell the bike. and then sell the shocks.

dg26
07-20-2006, 05:01 PM
the shocks will physically fit a trx450r. i put 450r front shocks on my 03 z400 and while they sucked they were better than z400 shocks hope this helps, and the shock mounts won't work on a yfz the yfz's are wider unless you want to put a few washers or fab up your own frame mounts