PDA

View Full Version : SW Missouri, SE Kansas, NW Arkansas, NE Oklahoma

tbrown86
07-20-2006, 10:50 AM
Some friends of mine are lookin for someone to ride with in Southwest Missouri, Northwest Arkansas, Souteast Kansas, Northeast Oklahoma. We do mostly trail riding. Is anyone interested. Would go during the weekend. Our bikes are 02 400ex, 05 450r, 04 500 sportsman. Does anyone know where to ride in this area? Thanks, TYRELL

KILLSWITCHngage
07-20-2006, 08:09 PM
White Rock mountain trail system north of Ozark Arkansas is the most norwestern Ar trails I know of. South of Fayettville about 40miles on highway 16,then right on 23 near the small town of Cass. There is some National Forest in southwest Missouri u oughta check on.

jlm996s
07-21-2006, 09:51 PM
We ride at the Mark Twain forest in Chadwick and Cassville. Lots of trails.

icecold_shee
07-23-2006, 08:42 PM
just moved to bentonville ar and i went and rode at mill creek trailhead, pretty nice riding, didnt get to stay long, its about 30 mins east of fayetville, go through combs and turn right b4 mill creek and take a gravel rode bout 5 miles, then your there,

im looking for a new riding group, plan on going back this sat, let me know if you might make it down there

Raptorguy27
07-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi all. Im a group member of the Rebeloutlaws atv group. Some of us live in Northeast Oklahoma. We ride all over Northwest Arkansas, Northeast Oklahoma, SW Missouri. We have a website you can checkout. www.rebeloutlaws.freehomepage.com Some of us just rode at lttle sahara this past weekend. Some of us also compete in various competitions around. There are no club membership dues. just register and login. There is also a fourm where we post where we are going to ride/race at. :)

tbrown86
07-25-2006, 05:40 PM
thanks for the link man, i just created an account and i'm waiting on approval.

Raptorguy27
07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
your welcome

icecold_shee
07-25-2006, 07:04 PM
so in anyone up for a ride this wknd at mill creek trail head, or some place close?

icecold_shee
07-29-2006, 05:34 PM
headed out tomm morn to go ride at mill creek, ill be driving a blue gmc, if anyone is out there, stop by

wallabear
07-31-2006, 11:18 AM
I do a lot of riding down at chadwick. It is like 45 min from my house. If anyone needs someone to ride with I am always looking for more ppl to ride with.

icecold_shee
07-31-2006, 04:23 PM
im game to meet up at casseville sometime, never been, but wanna try it out, any good?

tbrown86
07-31-2006, 10:34 PM
yeah, i'm game too for meeting at chadwick sometime. i'm in joplin, mo so its only about 60 miles from me. if you guys wana meet sometime and ride let me know.

Yee-Haw_400EX
02-26-2008, 05:30 AM
Hey guys. I need as much info as I can get about Mark Twain trails near Seligman or Cassville. Please fill me in. ASAP!!!

wallabear
02-26-2008, 05:42 AM
I can not say I have ever ridden there. I have rode at Chadwick, St. Joe riding part, Arkansas near Springdale. I have not been to Cassville yet, would be willing to go though

keens atv
02-26-2008, 10:24 AM
hey i live in Gurdon Ark and i ride alot over in Mena Ark the place is called wolf pen gap its got hundreds of miles of trails but the web page says 40 miles of marked trail but there is alot of trails all over there .If you like fast jumping trails they got em.You can ask me for details if you like.

icecold_shee
02-26-2008, 10:58 AM
I dont have any info, havent been there. Im pretty much strictly mx now. But im game for trying out a ride sometime as long as i wont tear my back rotor off.

jlm996s
02-26-2008, 01:06 PM
For Cassville, you are supposed to have a flag, an orange triangle(slow moving vehicle), and a permit. The permit can be bought outside of Cassville at a place called Sportsman's Corner. I only have the permit and have not had any problems riding there....they mainly just want their money. It's only $10 and that's for the life of your quad. There are a lot of trails there and for the most part, they are not too rough. The bad thing is they are logging in there now and have widened several trails the width of a two lane highway.

Yee-Haw_400EX
02-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by keens atv
hey i live in Gurdon Ark and i ride alot over in Mena Ark the place is called wolf pen gap its got hundreds of miles of trails but the web page says 40 miles of marked trail but there is alot of trails all over there .If you like fast jumping trails they got em.You can ask me for details if you like.
I've tailgated and drank beer at Razorback football games with the guys that run Wolf Pen Gap.

wallabear
02-27-2008, 05:10 AM
That is the area I ride at when I go down there. We stay at Birds Adventure camp ground, typically. I have not been down there in about 6 months but want to get back down there sometime soon. There is sooo much riding in that area it is crazy. Riding there is the reason I bought a GPS. Make post teh next time you head there I will see if I can clear some time.

keens atv
02-27-2008, 08:21 AM
We found a new place about five miles south of wolf pen on the cossatot river to stay that has alot of camping places and a ton of trails to ride we try to get lost if we can .

keens atv
02-27-2008, 08:24 AM
O yea we had a big EX riders trip over there a few years back and guys from up in MO and bentonvill came and texas

wallabear
02-27-2008, 09:30 AM
that was a few years back, we should try to organize some riding sometine soon. I am sure that it would be a blast, and I think I could get a few guys to go as well. Lets try to set something up

keens atv
02-27-2008, 04:56 PM
im supose to go this sunday to show abunch of people around that have never been , but i dont know if i will.

wallabear
02-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I could not make it this this weekend even if you were for sure going. I need at least 5 days notice to rearrange my schedual. new job and all not quite as flexable as the old one was. my new boss does not ride my old one did. We took days off just to go riding. Anyhow give me some heads up before you plan on going and I will see if I can arrange for the time to go.

keens atv
02-28-2008, 04:09 PM
sounds good

wallabear
03-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Anyone put any thought into Chadwick on Sunday 3-16? I may try to head down there for a few hours in the morning. Suposed to rain Thursday -Saturday but the weather changes so frequently its not funny. Anyhow if it rains there will be lots of mud. I have not been able to get out to ride in a few months and am wanting to get out there soon. If anyone has any other suggestions post them I am all ears.

wallabear
03-12-2008, 08:23 AM
come on people there have got to be more riders form the springfield, mo area. lets here a sound off and set someting up!

icecold_shee
03-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Everyone needs to go to ELK RIVER MX on sun. It is a nice track, pretty long, and good for quads. I will be there sun.

http://elkrivermx.com/

Let me know whos interested

wallabear
03-12-2008, 11:37 AM
I hate to say not me cause I always want to ride, but I am not much of a track rider. Air makes me nervous. Could be I am gravity challenged and all. I do not mind getting a little air time but long jumps make me a total nervous wreck. Could also be the fact that I have not ever done it much, so the thought is just unsettling and by doing it I could overcome the apprehension I associate with jumping.

wallabear
03-24-2008, 02:19 PM
anyone up for Chadwick Saturday 3-29? like 8 - early to midafternoon?