PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 200cc ATV

dcgtls
07-20-2006, 09:57 AM
HELP!!!!!!

My step daughter has a Chinese made ATV made by Kinroad. It is a 200cc 5sp manual with reverse. I think it is a Honda clone. I have been unable to get any documentation from the manufacturer on it. There is no owners or service manual available for it and never was. It was purchased new in the crate by her father and the only paperwork in it was a don't drink and drive flyer. I have been emailing back and forth with the company for almost two months now and have gotten nowhere with them, they had me send them lots of photo's to identify the ATV as one of their models and also of all of the parts I am having problems with. They said they would send me a parts list with prices and also have a tech contact me and none of that has happened.
I need to adjust the valves badly and do not know how or even what the adjustment would be for this engine. I have asked them several times and not gotten any answer. Can anyone help me with this? Can anyone help me to find out what engine it is a clone of so that maybe I can find a service manual for that and work from it.
Thank You in advance for any and all help
Dave

xtremeracer
07-20-2006, 11:31 AM
the first mistake i'd say was he bought a chinese made junker if u really want help get something made better

dcgtls
07-20-2006, 12:17 PM
LOL! I agree but since she has it I am trying to make the best I can out of it for her. I just bought a new Raptor 80 for my nephew and I have a Kymco MXU 250 for myself for now. When I have the extra money I plan to get her a Raptor 350 0r larger. But for now I need to try and keep this one usable.

xtremeracer
07-25-2006, 11:21 AM
yeah i would to Have u tried ebay they have some manuals on there

spliffy
07-26-2006, 09:51 PM
First, Chinese machines all aren't junk, it TOTALLY depends on the dealer that you buy from & who the Chinese MFG is, there is alot of crap machines out there, but its up to the dealer to know what is & what isn't....this is what we do with all the Chinese machines we sell, TEST them, if they suck or just are built bad, can't get parts etc etc...we don't buy from that company anymore. On to your problem...Is it liquid cooled, or just air cooled. I may be able to help you with parts & knowing that info, I can probably get you valve specs also.

www.kidatvs.com

dcgtls
07-27-2006, 09:12 AM
It is an air cooled engine.

spliffy
07-27-2006, 09:33 AM
XR200 motor specs