PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak!!!!

Smidgy
07-20-2006, 06:36 AM
I changed my oil in my bike for the first time since i have bought it, i don't know if I over flowed it or something else is going on, but on the backside of my engine by the carb there seems to be an oil leak, I am jsut wondering if anyone else is had this trouble, and wondering what it may be.

d3ktrix
07-20-2006, 08:44 AM
How much oil did you put in? Sounds like u over filled it.

Nick110
07-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Yea you most likely over filled it. When you are filling it back up make sure you dont go past the HIGH mark. I usually fill it a little below the high mark.

Its either that or a blown head gasket.

Smidgy
07-20-2006, 11:56 AM
well i filed it up, and then started it, it then sucked all the oil out that was in the sight glass, so I then filed the sight glass back up to about 3/4 full, I wouldn't say it is a head gasket, it seems to from a little to far back. I never put in a full litre. maybe a little touch over a quart., it seem s to be coming from one of the hoses by the back

Smidgy
07-20-2006, 11:58 AM
bike still is working awesome under these conditions, I went for a bout an hour ride before I even noticed.

GEARSMOKER
07-20-2006, 12:23 PM
FYI, they take LESS than a quart completly filled.:)

roundsy
07-20-2006, 02:48 PM
hey same thing happened to me on the weekend, took it out after an oil change and noticed oil all down the back side of the engine and carb...i took my seat, plastics and tank off and found a rubber tube that had spit out the oil, it was attached to a 3 way valve thing...i think it happened becuz i know i put a bit too much oil in, and i didnt think it was enough to do any harm anything so i just drove it, i havent drove it since but from a few searches ive learned that all i gotta do is clean it up and put everyhting back on any ill be all set to ride again, all the excess oil is gone so it should be good to go

Smidgy
07-21-2006, 09:54 AM
alright perfect, I thought it was no big deal, i guess i will know for later. i assumed i put to much in after a good little run, a litttle oil was coming out of it. I will wash her up and try again, see what happens,

rlplive
07-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Ya you should not ever put a whole qt in it. It takes like .78 or .82 of a qt, if you put a whole one in you def overfilled it.