PDA

View Full Version : pipe comparisons

lee37vernon
07-20-2006, 02:48 AM
this is really a question for those of you that have had BOTH of these pipes before , i have just acquired a sparks mx pipe and also have an fmf fatty gold . i hav'nt had either of these pipes on the motor yet as its only just nearing end of build up .

i know the fmf is a good alrounder , and with lack of tt ( though i will get one as well if i can , best of both worlds ) i bought the mx , i read before beerock singing its praises .

my motor is mx ported 265 overbore ,38 airstryker, cr rad valve , custom machined head , squish .035 dome machined for 97 - 99 octane fuel , uni , lid off .

i want to sell the fmf , but , should i keep it and try it or is the mx gonna be better allround as i assume . i would like a bit of top but as i say will get tt if i can to try also ..

elbine69
07-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Ive had both on my 310 and id say run the sparks and sell the fmf. the sparks has more bottom to mid range and the top end seemed to be a bit better than the fmf also. just my .02 cents.

lee37vernon
07-20-2006, 12:12 PM
thanks elbine69 .. anyone else ..

matt250r21
07-20-2006, 08:56 PM
I second that, sell the FMF. The Sparks MX pipe is a really nice pipe. It's fit and performance is great. If your cylinder is ported right the Sparks TT pipe RIPS!! I NEED ANOTHER ONE BAD!

pharit
07-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Sell them both and get a paul turner race pipe you won't be dissapointed with PT

beerock
07-21-2006, 05:37 PM
honestly, try both just so you have first hand experience...

the mx has alot of bottom and mid but falls shrot up top it does have top but not much, that pipe likes to be driven in the midrange the fmf (depending on the shape) if it was like my fmf the old school one that pipe likes to be screamed..