PDA

View Full Version : Help with my monitor!!

400eXr1d3rZ
07-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Ok something is horribly wrong with my monitor, well not that bad but, the fonts are like, some parts of it are bold and thick black, and other parts are thin and normal.

Kinda like a printer when it starts to run out of ink.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Come on somebody???

Its a water screen typed monitor, like if you press on it, it makes cool colors, such as if you press on a calculator screen or a iPod.

DieselBoy
07-19-2006, 10:10 PM
An LCD screen? some pixels may be dead..:macho im not a pc expert... i just heard about it when i was looking at them :chinese:

gbcap
07-20-2006, 05:58 AM
there should be a menu option to reset your monitor. hit the far left button (normally) on the bottom of your screen and look around. if that doesn't fix it then you need a new one.

zedicus00
07-20-2006, 07:33 AM
its a problem witht he computer, sounds like you have an LCD screen. iether you need the driver reinstalled or you need to adjust your resolution to the LCD default res.

300exOH
07-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Sounds like a bad monitor to me. If it is an LCD you shouldn't be pressing on the sreen to make cool colors.:rolleyes: You may have damaged the screen.

Ralph
07-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Sounds like a bad monitor to me. If it is an LCD you shouldn't be pressing on the sreen to make cool colors.:rolleyes: You may have damaged the screen.

He obviously has a Plasma Screen. No dead pixels.

300exOH
07-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
He obviously has a Plasma Screen. No dead pixels.

Why do you say it's plasma and not LCD? They both do the same thing when you poke at them.:confused:

Ralph
07-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 300exOH
Why do you say it's plasma and not LCD? They both do the same thing when you poke at them.:confused:

--"Its a water screen typed monitor , like if you press on it, it makes cool colors, such as if you press on a calculator screen or a iPod."

Plasmas also react alot more to touch. Either way, try right clicking on the desktop. Go to properties and then click the settings tab. Move the sliding bar that controls the resolution over to the left. and try a few different resolution settings.
Sometimes if you arent running the right resolution weird things like that happen.

300exOH
07-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
--"Its a water screen typed monitor , like if you press on it, it makes cool colors, such as if you press on a calculator screen or a iPod."

Plasmas also react alot more to touch.

I see. Either way it's not a good idea to poke around at the screen.