PDA

View Full Version : My Stolen Ex= 2 Dead People (no Joke!!!!)

scottwvu
07-19-2006, 05:18 PM
This is unbelievable.
Someone stole my 2004 EX on April 18th. This is the result:
Clues developed in deadly crash

By Amelia A. Pridemore
REGISTER-HERALD REPORTER

Beckley City Police investigators have put together several pieces of the puzzle in determining how a Friday ATV/minivan accident that killed two young men actually happened.

Timothy Mark Ames Jr., 23, and Mark Hurtte, 18, both of Beckley, died in the 6:50 p.m. accident at the intersection of Russell Street and Wildwood Avenue, said Cpl. David Allard of the Beckley Police Department.

Ames and Hurtte were involved in an accident with a 1999 Chevrolet Astro van in which Ames was driving an ATV and Hurtte was a passenger on the ATV, Allard said.

Lt. Tim Deems, day shift supervisor for the department and an accident reconstruction expert, said Monday the van’s driver, Michael Parker, 19, of Beckley, was headed west on Russell near the Wildwood intersection and Ames was driving the ATV north on Wildwood. Deems said Ames failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection. Parker had the right-of-way because there was no stop sign for his direction of travel on Russell, the officer added.

Ames’ ATV struck the van’s driver’s side front fender, Deems said. Before the vehicles collided, Parker took evasive action by locking his brakes and steering to the right.

After impact, the van struck a utility pole at the intersection, Deems said. The impact also pushed Ames’ ATV into a pine tree. Both Ames and Hurtte were ejected. Whether the ATV rolled after impact is unknown.

Witnesses stated that Ames was wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, Deems said. However, it was not strapped on. Hurtte was not wearing a helmet and Ames’ helmet flew off at impact, according to Deems.

Parker sustained minor injuries, mostly caused by the deployment of the van’s airbags, Deems said. A passenger in the van, Parker’s 17-year-old sister, was not injured. Parker was not taken to a hospital.

No citations have been issued at this time.

Deems said police can say Parker was not drinking at the time of the accident, and there was no indication of reckless driving on his part. The only traffic violations Ames apparently committed were running the stop sign and violating a city ordinance which forbids ATV operation on city streets. Police have been unable to determine the speed of both vehicles.

The investigation is ongoing, Deems noted. He noted there are still loose ends the police must clear up, but he declined to elaborate on those aspects of the investigation.

Cpl. R.E. Redden was the investigating officer in the accident. Redden said Deems, Cpl. S.D. Webb, Sgt. Frankie Shelton, Cpl. Jeff Trump, Capt. Tomi Peck, Cpl. J.G. Martin, Cpl. J.D. Perry, Senior Trooper Dave Williams of the West Virginia State Police’s Beckley detachment and two State Police Turnpike Division troopers assisted with the incident.

— E-mail: apridemore@register-herald.com

Pretty messed up, huh? The "ongoing investigation" is finding out who stole it.....
How would you feel?

Mean250r
07-19-2006, 05:23 PM
i would assume that the people riding it were the ones who stole it, and i would most likely be happy cuz they deserved it :mad:

scottwvu
07-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I had insurance on it through State Farm.
I bought it used from a local Honda dealer.
I paid $3,350 in November of last year....State Farm setteled with me for $3,938.

I feel bad for the families of those boys. The one riding on the back, it was his 18th birthday. The cops said the impact was so great, it burst his heart.

I feel so.......wierd, and I don't know why....

GPracer2500
07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
That's pretty messed up. It's never good to have death touch your life like that. And it's no fun to be reminded that really bad things happen every day....

If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't like the situation--that two young people died on your stolen quad. I'd probably feel weird just like you. But really, what happened had nothing to do with you or your enjoyment from riding. So, get a new quad and don't let this incident drag you down.

If you find that the weird feeling is reluctant to subside, then keep talking about it with people you trust until you get your feelings figured out.

That's the way I see it.

Dune Surfer
07-19-2006, 05:40 PM
scottwvu
07-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
That's pretty messed up. It's never good to have death touch your life like that. And it's no fun to be reminded that really bad things happen every day....

If I was in your shoes, I wouldn't like the situation--that two young people died on your stolen quad. I'd probably feel weird just like you. But really, what happened had nothing to do with you or your enjoyment from riding. So, get a new quad and don't let this incident drag you down.

If you find that the weird feeling is reluctant to subside, then keep talking about it with people you trust until you get your feelings figured out.

That's the way I see it.

Thanks for the advice. It is really cool to know that people like you are out there.:) :) :)
The cops said whoever stole it CUT the frame OUT where the VIN # was located. (Don't ask me how or why). Anyway, the boys MIGHT have tried to stop (or steer) which broke the frame causing this whole mess.
If someone else stole the quad and weakened the frame to avoid detection, and THAT led to those boys' deaths I hope they rot in hell.
The usually Barney Fife-ish Raleigh County Sherrif's Dept. are digging into this pretty deep.

I just hope no one TRUELY innocent was hurt.

NorCalRacer
07-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
Yup

derekhonda
07-19-2006, 05:53 PM
thats f'd up dude. How long ago was your 400ex stolen? If it was within the last week...that was probably them who did it. If its been a while...who knows how many owners that thing has had...

Aceman
07-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by scottwvu
Someone stole my 2004 EX on April 18th. This is the result:

This is a tragedy. The way I feel about these things though is usually different than most people. I don't feel sorry that the boys lives were cut short, what bothers me the most is that other people(family,etc) were counting on them to come home that night. I don't care if YOU kill yourself doing something stupid but realize it affects everyone else around you. Now about this particular situation, if they in fact stole it, then rode it down the street, then went through a stop sign, it sounds like they got what was coming to them. You do stupid chit, you're bound to get hurt. JMO.

Sjorge450R
07-19-2006, 06:07 PM
250x_kyle
07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
thats weird. yeah i would feel weird if that happend to me. its kinda scary.

Pappy
07-19-2006, 06:26 PM
absotively!

wolffie
07-19-2006, 06:32 PM
karma is a *****.

you probably do feel in an aqward position, but like GPracer2500, dont let it affect your passion for atv riding. :)

13th Grave
07-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Damn that's crazy I heard about that I live in Oak Hill right next to Beckley.

bulkdriverlp
07-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX

400exstud
07-19-2006, 09:51 PM
God doesn't like Brokeback Riding

nosliw
07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud
God doesn't like Brokeback Riding

i just about spit pop everywhere when i read that.

Allen
07-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by 13th Grave
Damn that's crazy I heard about that I live in Oak Hill right next to Beckley.

I live near Charleston and I heard about that too......(crazy)

popo
07-20-2006, 05:55 AM
I would suggest consulting with an attorney.

Believe or not the kids parents have probally already be contacted by the ambulance chasers tryng to convince them to sue you.

Just what you need to add to your trauma
of having your property stolen and the crook gets killed riding it and the possible threat of being sued.

MR.BIG
07-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah I am sure that will make him feel better:rolleyes:

bwamos
07-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Not to be an ***. But be glad they were killed. If they were seriously injured but lived.. you'd be screwed.

Unfortunatly, civil suits tend to favor the criminal, not the victim.

With them being killed there is a less likley chance that a lawsuit against you would be successful.

Now the guy in the van could own you since it was your property that hit him.

Gotta love our court systems.

NorCalRacer
07-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
Not to be an ***. But be glad they were killed. If they were seriously injured but lived.. you'd be screwed.

Unfortunatly, civil suits tend to favor the criminal, not the victim.

Yep, if you ever wound a criminal make sure you finish them off:devil: No, that was not a joke. I am not sad these punks are dead, in fact, I advocate going and pissing on their graves. Unfortunately, POPO is right and you might want to watch for a lawsuit. Usually worthless punks like these come from worthless parents so you might want to be prepared and at least get the name of a good lawyer in case you need one, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Now I'm not going to cancel the insurace on my quad, your story convinced me to keep it going. Good luck getting a new ride!

jc250r31
07-20-2006, 08:57 AM
These idiots also just added 2 ATV deaths to the statistics as well.

scottwvu
07-20-2006, 09:24 AM
West Virginia has 31 (!) atv deaths so far this year.
40 last year.
The ATV belonged to State Farm when this mess happened.
PLEASE GET ATV INSURANCE!!!!!! Through State Farm it is like, $30 a month for my two Raptor 660's....why they were not stolen as well is beyond me.....I will NEVER be without ATV insurance. It was only a $250 deductable and it covered my personal injury as well as damage to my 4-wheeler should I wreck it.
It has already MORE than paid for itself.

07-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by popo
I would suggest consulting with an attorney.

Believe or not the kids parents have probally already be contacted by the ambulance chasers tryng to convince them to sue you.

Just what you need to add to your trauma
of having your property stolen and the crook gets killed riding it and the possible threat of being sued.

You guys smoking crack or something??? The guy gets his quad stolen, some idiots drive it on the street causing an accident, they both die and you think it's the previous owner's fault or that he might somehow be liable for the situation???

Please!!!!!!!!!! Our court systems are pretty messed up but not that messed up!

Now on the other hand if either of the two gentlemen had been under age, I'd certainly sue their family for the mental pain and suffering you are going through now, say $20 million ought to cure anyway! But since neither one was a minor, screw that idea. I guess you could sue spouses though, yea, that's the ticket, sue the widow's!!

bwamos
07-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
You guys smoking crack or something??? The guy gets his quad stolen, some idiots drive it on the street causing an accident, they both die and you think it's the previous owner's fault or that he might somehow be liable for the situation???

I never insinuated that it was his fault.

Fault has nothing to do with it. I simply stated that he should be prepared for a lawsuit. He should be fine though since State Farm now owns the quad.

People will sue for the stupidest ****. You don't have to be in the right, or even have any common sense to win a civil lawsuit. You jsut have to have the better lawyer, and a stupid judge.

Here locally a woman was shopping, tripped over an "out of control" child, and hurt herself. She sued Nebraska Furniture Mart for not keeping the child under control. She won. The child that was "out of control" was her own child.

In california, in March, a man sued for damage to his car by a city-owned dump truck. Coincidentally he was the one driving the dump truck that hit his car. He admitted that the accident was his own fault. So the city denied his claim because it was basically suing himself. So, he had his wife file the claim under her name and they won.

In Oklahoma a 15yr old girl stole a car, proceded to wreck it, injured herself and gets arrested. She and her family turns around and sues the owner of the vehicle for damages and emmotional distress due to negligence because the daughter got the key from a magnetic spare key box under the rear bumper. They also won.

250r4life
07-20-2006, 01:12 PM
the crap our court systems arent that messed up... they are pretty messed up, and i could see him acutally losing that...

just like jordan being sued right now for 860 million from a guy who looks like him, and said his people bugging him about being jordan for all these years is worth 860 million... man, for 860 million i would look like larry bird, and thats one ugly mofo...

now i doubt this guy will win anything, but...

MOFO
07-20-2006, 01:19 PM

Now on the other hand if either of the two gentlemen had been under age, I'd certainly sue their family for the mental pain and suffering you are going through now, say $20 million ought to cure anyway! But since neither one was a minor, screw that idea. I guess you could sue spouses though, yea, that's the ticket, sue the widow's!!

You need to get out in the real world some more.

I've heard of cases where a theif broke into a home, hurt themselves on something that was unsafe and sued the home owners!

Find someone in the police department, like POPO who is speaking from experience I'm sure... or find a lawyer.

I wouldnt worry about it though.. not yet.

WhiteYFZ
07-20-2006, 01:28 PM
man that sucks . but dont worry its not ur fault. also, april 18th is my b day.:confused:

NorCalRacer
07-21-2006, 08:42 AM

Ha, your not very up to date on the courts. Come visit me in CA, I'll smack you around then sue you for hurting my hand, and I might win. BTW, your sig just reeks of stupidity.
Crack kills:blah:

clutt225
07-21-2006, 09:56 AM
A friend of mine lent his sled to one of his employee's, who took it on an overnight tour. Another person at the party that night decided that he wanted to ride a sled, It was a private party at a cottage lots of sleds had keys but Matt's was the one he took. He went off the trail and hit one of the steel cables that holds up the the hydro poles. He was decapitated and died instantly. There was no damage to the sled. Matt got his sled back but just could not get over the fact that some one had died on it. To top it all off the family of the guy who stoll the sled tried to sue Matt because he owned the sled, they tried to sue the guy who borowed the sled, and did sue the guy who owned the cottage for leting him leave on the sled after drinking. So I guess that proves that justice somtimes sucks and people don't have to be responsible for there own actions.

Chances are you will not be sued but it dose hapen.
Don't beat yourself up over it it's not your fault.

angry450r
07-21-2006, 11:18 AM
this post was very interesting and that does stink what your going through it has to feel weird Im sure, but like the one guy said you did NOTHING wrong just gotta move on . the real reason I decided to post was a bunch of you guys are complete jag bags! seriously you dont know the whole story about were the 2 guys riding got it from or anything like that and to say your'e glad theyre dead? you'd piss on they're grave? WTF is wrong with you people 2 people are DEAD not hurt or in jail this is real life they are DEAD! there familys will never see them again. you jags gotta get your priorities straight. I would never want my quad stolen but he got insurance money and yea the whole deal sucks but what kinda people are you to cheer for someone being DEAD because they made a bad choice and stole a 4000 quad or bought it hot, or damn maybe even were at buddies house and had no idea and just took it for a spin. your the ones that should be pissed on.!!!! getting busted and going to jail is another thing but to cheer for death? the few of you who cheered make me wanna puke.

07-21-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Ha, your not very up to date on the courts. Come visit me in CA, I'll smack you around then sue you for hurting my hand, and I might win. BTW, your sig just reeks of stupidity.
Crack kills:blah:

WOW!! You need to comprehend what a joke is, dumbass!!

NorCalRacer
07-21-2006, 03:20 PM
You like to call me a crackhead and dumbass? Ok, that is real funny.
I do have my priorities straight, thieves are less than people and don't deserve to live, period. I have no respect for those who steal other's property. I am speaking from the heart, this is what I believe in. It is too bad for the families but they are probably less than model citizens raising thieves for kids. Yeah, piss on their graves.

angry450r
07-21-2006, 05:42 PM
ya I will now call you KING CRACKHEAD DUMBASS!you make once somebody has made a mistake in there lives that they cant correct it, and you said it exactly could be crappy upbringing its a 20 yrs old fault his dad mom was a drunk and his dad beat his *** his whole life? what Im saying is you dont even know annnnnnnnnnnything about those youung guys that died or if they even stole the quad. but we are seeing the kind of scum you are. rich little cali *** who thinks hes better than everybody else. maybe you need a lil help getting that big silver spoon out you arse. Your the one who should be pissed on. those are harsh comments to say about to young men that DID NOT DESERVE TO DIE. punished by all means so when you cheer about that your just as bad as the so called scum you accuse. Now this sight is about wheelers so lets all go back to wheeling as for KING CRACKHEAD DUMBASS anybody want to offer to help him with that spoon out his *** so he can sit and ride his quad .man,you must gey tired of always standing!oh and before you call me some hillbilly standing up for what you call scum Im a college graduate and Ill slap my bachelors across your face punk!

NorCalRacer
07-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Funny. I'm not rich and I work for everything I own. You are a tough guy on a computer:rolleyes: Go **** yourself if you're going to stand up for thieves. You must be a piece of chit thief too if you think that stealing from someone is not serious. Where I live, roberries turn into murders and it is common for the robbers to beat/kill the people. If they stole a quad, what next? What would they have tried to do if he had caught them in the act of stealing it?
Take your bachelors and shove it dumbass, you obviously have no knowledge of the real world. BTW, It took me 3 years to earn enough extra money to pay for my quad and if someone stole that from me I would see it as an attack on my livelyhood, insured or not.

scottwvu
07-22-2006, 08:14 AM
It appears that the guy driving the ATV was guilty of stealing it.
He was a crackhead on his way to sell the ATV to cover some drug debts he had.
Some of his OWN family members said he was a piece of ****. If you are SO bad that your OWN family, the day after your funeral calls you a "piece of ****".....well then you just suck, my friend.

I must say knowing they were two loosers makes me feel somewhat better.

NorCalRacer
07-22-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the info. Good luck getting a new ride:D

Couple of less thieving crackheads to worry about now....

angry450r
07-24-2006, 06:26 AM
well Im glad its all over for you. and back to norcal you dont read well,maybe you should go back to school or your in school do you take the short bus,then I could understand why your REALLY stupid. Im not some tough guy on the computer and Im no kid if thats what you think so save up for 5 years buy a plane ticket and visit me if your SO tough yourself. never once was I defending a thief. thiefs are terrible but dont derseve to die that all I said so you have a nice day NOW GO **** YOURSELF. :D :D :D

fasterblaster09
07-24-2006, 06:46 AM
C'mon now, would yall two stop crying over the internet so this thread doesn't get closed. Yall are both right, does that make yall feel better :confused:

NorCalRacer
07-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by angry450r
well Im glad its all over for you. and back to norcal you dont read well,maybe you should go back to school or your in school do you take the short bus,then I could understand why your REALLY stupid. Im not some tough guy on the computer and Im no kid if thats what you think so save up for 5 years buy a plane ticket and visit me if your SO tough yourself. never once was I defending a thief. thiefs are terrible but dont derseve to die that all I said so you have a nice day NOW GO **** YOURSELF. :D :D :D

You're not even worth a response:devil: But here it is anyways, just in case you thought you made a point. The only point that you have made is that YOU don't think thieves should be spoken of as "expendable criminals" and they should be more widely tolerated. I didn't say KILL all the thieves, I am simply expressing gratitude for karma saving us tax dollars. Instead of trying to speculate about me riding the short bus, why don't you put that spiffy college education of your's to work and actually try to prove your point?
Oh yeah, don't give me the bleeding heart bad upbringing story, that **** just doesn't fly with me.