PDA

View Full Version : What do think would be best for me

Raptor350yamaha
07-19-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm trying to talk my parents into getting me a new 4-wheeler for my 15th b-day in a couple weeks. Right now I've got the pos in my sig but its not the only thing I can ride. I ride my neighbors 200sx alot its way way too under powered for me and I rode my cousins z400 a couple times it felt perfect I could handle it like I've been riding it for a while and it was the first quad I ever rode with a clutch. I went kind of slow at first then got too used to it and started wheelying out of turns it was the funnest thing ever. Im 5'8 130lbs and the quad I get will be brand new probably left over 06.

humblesquirel21
07-20-2006, 03:43 PM
you could get a killer deal on any 400cc machines left i bet. they are great bieks as long as oyu dont wana race big time. i have a 300ex and love it but i have put a small fortun in it im also shorter than you are im 5'4 if i were any taller the 300 would be cramped.
if i were in your position i owuld get the 400ex or if money was cool the 450r if you take it easy and dont kill your self you can grow into the 450 and the 400ex can be modded to grow with you. good luck and happy riding so oyu knwo im a die hard honda fan. yamahas are my second place and i wouldnt ever buy a susiki artic cat or kawi (they share engines) i have a kawi and it is a pieace of crap. my yamaha is a great runner and has bcome reliable but it had major carbaration issues from the factory ill allso say this bout yamaha they stood behind their product and fixed it with no charge to me. it required a new carb and air filter

Raptor350yamaha
07-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I dont plan on racing my new one. I was hoping somebody would say a 450 I really want a 450r. I figured somebody would say get a chinese 200 or 250ex. But thanks that helps me out.