PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers or not

Grant Casey
07-19-2006, 04:40 AM
i am considering getting wheels spacers for my 400ex probably inch wons for the rear.
are they worth it or not

cheers grant casey

Scro
07-19-2006, 08:06 AM
You defianetly don't want them for the front. As long as you are not clearing 100' triples or anything like that, you should be alright on the rear. Just keep in mind that they are not as strong as an aftermarket axle.

tltcracing
07-24-2006, 05:46 PM
as long as you dont do any huge jumps then the spacers are fine, even on the front. they are a great improvement for the money.

TheFontMaster
07-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by tltcracing
as long as you dont do any huge jumps then the spacers are fine, even on the front. they are a great improvement for the money.

I disagree about the front. They are a bad idea on the front. I rode my friends 450r with flipped front rims, basicaly the same thing as wheel spacers, and the front end handled like crap. As long as you aren't a hardcore jumper they are fine in the back, and will be a big improvement over stock. But don't half *** it on the front with wheel spacers. Leave it stock or get wider a arms, and shocks.

808racer
07-25-2006, 04:06 PM
if your just an average rider(not hardcore) but your bike is tipping on turns, I would suggest it

I have spacers on my 400ex and they work perfectly fine! they're actually just as good as a-arms(except weaker)

I noticed I have my new front tires on backwards for my 450 so when I change them I'll take pics of the 400. I've been running them for about a year and a half and have had "ZERO" problems. I run one and a half on the front and two and a half inch on the back(this is adding to EACH side)

81 clark racing
07-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I have spacers on my 400ex ront an rear and they work perfectly fine! they're actually just as good as a-arms(except weaker) and i ride them preatty dam hard and i havnt cracked them yet. if u dont have the money for arrms and **** id get the spacers

Tri-valleyracin
08-06-2006, 03:29 PM
I have raced realy hard with my rear spacers on my 300ex (+2 each side) and have had zero problems with them for 3 years now and i put them rear on my dads z400 and flpied the rims on the front and i think it handles great now the stock susension is whats killing me.

400ex is money$
08-06-2006, 10:26 PM
i would go with some new arms better and stronger:D :)