View Full Version : World Trade Center

400exrules
07-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Look, they did it. its a movie about 9/11

Nicholas Cage is in it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0469641/trailers-screenplay-E27504-10-2

Atkins
07-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Cage looks like a goober with that 'stache. Definitely the most uncreative movie title ever.

Mx_523
07-19-2006, 12:16 AM
I really didn't want to see 9/11 become a movie. People shouldn't have to resee what happened that day. Just remember the heros and loved ones lost that day. No movie could ever reflect what really went on that day nor people's feelings or what was going though their minds. :ermm:

07-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Looks boring...
but I wouldn't mine seeing it:p

07-19-2006, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Mx_523
I really didn't want to see 9/11 become a movie. People shouldn't have to resee what happened that day. Just remember the heros and loved ones lost that day. No movie could ever reflect what really went on that day nor people's feelings or what was going though their minds. :ermm:
Off topic but are you a chick or a dude?

Punk'd
07-19-2006, 12:42 AM
I think its good they are making a movie about it.

Most people have seemed to forget what happened and this will remind them.

trick250r
07-19-2006, 05:01 AM

yeah, but theres a lot of poeple that forgot about what happened. idk why a movie couldnt reflect 9/11 because the actors experienced it as well.

quads14589
07-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Im prolly going to go see it, ill end up fighting in the war anyways.

insaneracin2003
07-19-2006, 08:33 AM
I will definately watch it when it comes to dvd. I liked the movie Flight 93. Like Punk'd said,it will remind the people that forgot.

sly400ex
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM

Exactly the way I feel. I just think it's too soon to omake a movie about the event. These actors are to a certain extent capatilizing off this tragedy. I know that most tragic moments have been turned into movies, but this is way to current of an event to recreate.

07-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King

wtf:huh

atvRiDa400ex
07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
no one should have to relive that...even through a movie:(

trx400exxracer
07-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
I think its good they are making a movie about it.

Most people have seemed to forget what happened and this will remind them.

yeah exactly and some people dont exactly know what went on even me i dont exactly knew i knew about the hijacking and the Firefighters trying to save peoples lives but mabye this will actually let people know what really happened

i like movies like this one i think

im thinking it will be kinda like ladder 49

Quad18star
07-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't think that it's too early for a movie like this .... I think people need to be reminded of what went on that day .

I think the main purpose of this movie is to show the public how many people were affected and to show the determination of a few to stay alive .

Just like the movie Flight 93 , I'll be going to watch this one .

Mx_523
07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King

I'm a dude. Sorry to get your hopes up.

coolex
07-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by sly400ex
Exactly the way I feel. I just think it's too soon to omake a movie about the event. These actors are to a certain extent capatilizing off this tragedy. I know that most tragic moments have been turned into movies, but this is way to current of an event to recreate.

first yes i dont believe they should try to make money off a tragedy, they should give like 50 or so percent of the earnings to the trade center fund for the familys, and other things of lost ones

coolex
07-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
Im prolly going to go see it, ill end up fighting in the war anyways.

y are u going to be fighting in the war anyways? how old are you like a month over 16

coolex
07-19-2006, 05:45 PM
also at the end of the movie it sayed the world seen evil that day but 2 men saw it diffrent, i may be having a brain fart but who are the 2 ppl that saw differently

bulkdriverlp
07-19-2006, 07:12 PM
just more people making money off a tragedy. which is wrong

Quad18star
07-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by coolex
also at the end of the movie it sayed the world seen evil that day but 2 men saw it diffrent, i may be having a brain fart but who are the 2 ppl that saw differently

Two guys that were trapped in the rubble for a couple days before being rescued .

2 days after the trade centers , 5 people were pulled from a vehicle that was trapped by all the debris ... I think the purpose of the movie is to show the will that some people had .... some people weren't just going to give up and die ... they were going to fight till the end . Some people made it out alive , some didn't .

400exrules
07-19-2006, 11:00 PM
those saying "they shouldnt remind people of the tragedy".........what about the countless war movies???!?!?!?

suck my pipe
07-19-2006, 11:12 PM
i think it's cool a movie will document what happened from first person view, for gemerations to come. the Titanic was a tragady, theres a movie about it, and with out it i prob wouldnt know what the Titanic was!

Jake250ex
07-19-2006, 11:17 PM
way to make money off a national tradgedy...

i knew someone would do it :(

Ralph
07-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Friend is at the premier right now, ill ask how it was if anyone is interested

Mx_523
07-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
those saying "they shouldnt remind people of the tragedy".........what about the countless war movies???!?!?!?

This was a tragedy that killed thousands of innconet lives on OUR ground. Not some foreign country. Why bring back the nightmares that happened here? It gives citizens of the USA an unsecure feeling around here. The goverment is trying to cure that feeling and by making a movie about 9/11 isn't going to help our people feel secure and trust our goverment and servicemen. I feel the same way about Pearl Harbor too so don't use that as another excuse.
Also most war movies are ruined by Hollywood and most of the time what really happened isn't showen. What is showen in the movies is victories and the American flag flying in the wind. Not losses and dead American soliders bodies littering the ground.

insaneracin2003
07-20-2006, 08:28 AM
To all the people saying "I knew people were going to make a movie out of the tragedy to make money" That is total bullchit. Yeah,money will be made,but,it will remind everyone about the accounts that happened that day.Do you think we will be talking about it now?Take a chill pill and don't get you panties in a wad.If you don't agree with the movie,don't go see it.sheesh!!!

Ralph
07-20-2006, 08:41 AM
I also like the fact that it looks like it focuses on the stories of the men stuck under the rubel. I had totaly forgotten about those men and women and now they will be remembered longer for what they endured.

coolex
07-20-2006, 01:12 PM

im not saying they shouldnt make a movie about it, im asking if they are giving some of the proceeds from the movie the the wtc relieve fund for the familys, and if not they should give a percentage

07-20-2006, 01:57 PM
i didnt read every repsonse from you guys here but i have seen people saying...
"its bad that they are trying to make money off a tragedy"

what about all the haulocaust movies, the world war movies etc

that trailor looks really good, i cant wait to see it. it looks very sad, heartfelt and exciting (should be a good movie to watch with the g/f cause she'll get sad and need someone to "comfort" her)

LTZ400rider
07-20-2006, 02:11 PM
edit: ^^ beat me to it

id rather watch a documentry, and i dont think its bad to make movies about tragedys, what about every war movie? what about movies about slavery and aids?

Quad Boy 660r
07-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Events like Titanic, Pearl Harbor, ect happened 45-50 years ago. We're talking about something that happened 5 years ago. I think that is too soon. I am not saying that people that that think its a good idea shouldn't watch it though. I won't.

DieselBoy
07-21-2006, 12:37 AM
i highly highly doubt anyones FORGOT 9/11. It's too soon to bring something like this out in my opinion, the wounds are still healing.

DieselBoy
07-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
way to make money off a national tradgedy...

i knew someone would do it :(

i was thinking the same thing.

popo
07-21-2006, 12:43 AM
If I watch it will make me want that chit bag bin ladens head on stick even worse.

Ralph
07-21-2006, 12:47 AM
i totaly forgot about the people stuck down there for a couple days and the commercial alone made me remember what some people went through.

I talked to the girl who went to the screening of the film and she liked it.

400exrules
07-21-2006, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
i highly highly doubt anyones FORGOT 9/11. It's too soon to bring something like this out in my opinion, the wounds are still healing.

its not about 9/11......everyone knows about 9/11:rolleyes:

this is about people that got trapped under the rubble, which many people forgot about

Honda TRX250ex
07-21-2006, 02:20 PM
I dont know about you guys, but when i watch that it gave me the chills and a tear to my eyes.

Quad18star
07-21-2006, 03:20 PM

this is about people that got trapped under the rubble, which many people forgot about

Ding Ding Ding !!!!!!