PDA

View Full Version : After market stator/igniton system help quick?!?!?!?

pharit
07-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Sup fella's i threw the after market igintion i got in there which is a new coil and flywheel. anyway unlike the stock one this has only two wiring coming from it instead of the 4 original. Its a black and a blue wire. Do these plug into the two wire connector?

its supposed to disable the headlights. but there is the other wire i see that goes to the alternator? Could someone please tell me which wire goes where. i'm lost

wilkin250r
07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Didn't your new stator come with directions?

I don't know exactly what ignition system you have, or how it connects. But I CAN tell you about the stock ignition system.

The green/white wire and the blue/yellow wire coming out of the stator both come from the pulse generator. It controls the actual ignition signal.

The black/red wire coming out is the exciter coil. It produces the energy actually used for the spark.

The white (or white/yellow) wire is the lighting, and is completely separate from the ignition system.

If you don't need lighting, you don't need the white/yellow wire. If your ignition system has it's own battery (I think MSD does), then you don't need the black/red wire. That would leave the pulse generator, which will ALWAYS be needed, and it is indeed the 2-wire connector. But I can't tell you which wire connects to which.

pharit
07-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Didn't your new stator come with directions?

I don't know exactly what ignition system you have, or how it connects. But I CAN tell you about the stock ignition system.

The green/white wire and the blue/yellow wire coming out of the stator both come from the pulse generator. It controls the actual ignition signal.

The black/red wire coming out is the exciter coil. It produces the energy actually used for the spark.

The white (or white/yellow) wire is the lighting, and is completely separate from the ignition system.

If you don't need lighting, you don't need the white/yellow wire. If your ignition system has it's own battery (I think MSD does), then you don't need the black/red wire. That would leave the pulse generator, which will ALWAYS be needed, and it is indeed the 2-wire connector. But I can't tell you which wire connects to which.

its a motoplate electronico is what it says no battery that you speak of. and only two wires.no directions bought it used goin to see if i can't get ahold the previous owner in the morning to see whats up

pharit
07-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by pharit
its a motoplate electronico is what it says no battery that you speak of. and only two wires.no directions bought it used goin to see if i can't get ahold the previous owner in the morning to see whats up

Wonderful so the guy i bought it from don't remember either.

So what should i do just plug and play with the red and black and the two wire connector until i see spark?

danbobsR
07-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I wouldnt do the guessing on which wire goes where unless you got a few cdi's that you dont mind burning up I would try to get in contact with teh company that made it which I have never heard of that company before If im not mistaken ricky stator kits have different colored wires as well MAYBE they are similar.

pharit
07-19-2006, 04:35 PM
i googled the company and i didn't find ****........just abunch of spanish blah blah

pharit
07-19-2006, 10:21 PM
anyone got any idea's???

velocityatv
07-19-2006, 11:04 PM
I think you may have a PVL system if it came with a flywheel and all. I know those are supposed to remove the headlight. Now I could be wrong but I think the PVL changes to a digital signal instead of an analog. If that is what you have than you'll need the whole wiring harness, cdi, and coil. None of your stuff will work.

I was looking at one the other day on ebay here because I had a stator failure. look at this ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-TRX-250R-ignition-stator-coil-flywheel-kit-PVL_W0QQitemZ190009643888QQihZ009QQcategoryZ43976Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

I think the seller frequents exriders and some other forums I'm on.

IF IT IS A PVL ignition also visit this site PVL (penton imports) (http://www.pentonimports.com/install.htm)

Hope this helps :devil: