PDA

View Full Version : I got a story for you. It should be on Mythbusters

TheX1992
07-18-2006, 02:26 PM
I've heard a few people around here saying that there was a guy on a brand new Honda 1000rr driving down a back road at night in the next town over from me. He reached a speed of 170mph (it is possible), and all of a sudden, hit a deer. Apparently he was going so fast, he just went right through and broke the deer in half at the ribs. Only damage was to the front plastic. They say he never dumped it, so no police reports or anything were filed.

Do you think this is possible? I think it would be a good story for Mythbusters or something!

Phills450r
07-18-2006, 02:28 PM
i seriously dought that...

mx428
07-18-2006, 02:28 PM
That guy would have been splattered all over the road. No way.

quadsquadron221
07-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Nope

nosliw
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
i dont know... you can launch a cow through a battleship if it's going fast enough....

NorCalRacer
07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
i dont know... you can launch a cow through a battleship if it's going fast enough....

Yeah, but it's going to hurt the cow.

Scro
I say it's true. I have seen pictures of a motorcycle crash, where the motorcycle Tboned a car. It damn near sliced the car in half:eek2: I would think if it were a deer, it would be like a hot knife through butter:p

Ralph
fake, no explanation required

quads14589
idk its kinda like a bullet, but i dout it

stumpleg
07-18-2006, 03:03 PM
There was a kid around here that drifted into the other lane on a flat corner on a new 06 Suzuki street bike. He was going around 100 mph. They never really said what happened, but I heard when he hit the car in the other lane head on, he split the roof and decapitated the driver of the car. He ended up all over the road. Kind of gruesome. So it might be possible.

killerofcrows48
07-18-2006, 03:04 PM
this is a "i have to see it to believe it" for me

NorCalRacer
07-18-2006, 03:05 PM
There is NO WAY a motorcycle would split a deer and not get damaged.
On a side note however, it would make a very entertaining episode of mythbusters:blah:

FHKracingZ
07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Ive heard of some crazy stuff hapening but if u hit a june bug going 170 it would leave a bruise thats huge... i say fake big time :D

yellowzo3
07-18-2006, 03:19 PM
i doubt it...lets see some pics of the deer. surely if he lived through such an event he would have taken pics of the deer to prove it...or at least the bike. right?

PismoLocal
07-18-2006, 03:28 PM
If you hit a squirrel doing 170 on a street bike you would end up all over the road.

TheX1992
07-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Do any of you remember Fear Factor when they use to send people head first into a sheet of plywood? They would set them up on a pendulum type thing, and let them swing down (like a big swing set) with a helmet. That can't be more than 20mph, and they went right through. Does it seem so much harder to believe that 170 will slice a deer? How many know what 170 looks like on a bike?

This video is of 305km/h, or 189mph. Close enough to 170. Now what do you think?

http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Bikes+%5e%5e+ATV/5/7B46D5BC-DD1D-447E-97FE-43551514DBA5.htm

yellowzo3
07-18-2006, 05:50 PM
come on man theres no way...if you can show us some evidence then i will be glad to say that you proved me wrong. but hitting something at 170 would cause some kind of reaction and cause the bike to wobble at least a little. and at those speeds if you wobble a little your going to crash.

07-18-2006, 05:55 PM
thats a load of BS .... i seen a logging truck hit a moose and the whole engein and tranny was pushed back 2-3 feet.

moose are big tho.

i think if you hit a deer going a buckseventy you would at least fall off the bike. unless you are ghost rider

TheX1992
07-18-2006, 06:20 PM
I wish I could find a way to get some proof. I myself find it hard to believe, but I'm staying open to anything. I like the responses so far.

87250rxrider
07-18-2006, 06:30 PM
i find it very hard to believe, but i wouldn't count it out completely. i've seen some weird stuff, so anything is possible.

Quadfather
07-18-2006, 06:34 PM
No way, not gonna happen.

I don't care how fast the guy was going. Unless he had a huge razor blade attached to the front of his bike, him and his bike would be demolished.

Think about it. The cowl on the front of the bike is what, maybe 24" wide? Plastic and aluminum hitting something as solid as a deer is going to give.

The deer may well have been split in half, but I doubt the pilot would live to tell his story.

I'm sure there is some physics equation of speed/mass/volume/foot pounds/velocity-smashing into mass/weight/cubic circumference= death

400exrules
07-18-2006, 07:21 PM
maybe he was a ninja and threw his sword right before impact and sliced the deer in half

yamablaster24
07-18-2006, 07:24 PM
I believe it is real. I havent been up to 170 but just about 155 on my bike and when you get to those speeds you have so much momentum not much could slow you down. My friend was on a harley last year and struck a deer doing about 75mph and cut the deers neck clean off with the head and neck on one side of the road and the body on the other. The bike only needed plastic and a headlight along with the parts that scraped the road. I honestly believe this could happen.

derekhonda
07-18-2006, 07:29 PM
"plausible"

2004exrider
07-18-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
maybe he was a ninja and threw his sword right before impact and sliced the deer in half

sounds logical enough to me, myth solved!:blah:

Jimmy

Quad Boy 660r
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I am with the guys that are staying open on this subject. It is hard to believe.

riderpink
07-19-2006, 10:23 AM
theres not a chance just imagine u ridin ure bike like that and all of the sudden a deer jumps out at u... ure *** is grass

redlineranger
07-19-2006, 10:36 AM
i seen a video on big boys or break.com or w/e it is, a guy and his friend were out riding(street bikes) and they were goin along at approximately 90-100mph and doe jumped out in front of him and he went straight to the the ground, and he was also very messed up. im pretty sure if a deer jumped out in front of a street bike at 170mph, you would be dead.

quad2xtreme
07-19-2006, 10:45 AM
at 200 mph, my friend passed right through a deer and the deer just kept on running. :D

Hornbreaker
07-19-2006, 10:51 AM
I've been on a drag bike at over 170 mph. Let me tell you if your not holding on for deer life when that shout opens at the end your going over the bars in a hurry. cut the deer in half-yes. Not dumbing the bike=noway.

Tom TRX250R
07-19-2006, 12:13 PM
I believe that the deer could have been sliced in half but the guy would have been killed and the bike demolished. I have been on several liter sport bikes and have been up to 160-170 and there is NO WAY the guy could have lived to tell about it. TRUST ME the bike would have looked like a pretzel

ohsobad_chevy
07-19-2006, 12:14 PM
There is no doubt that the bike coulda cut the deer in half at 170 mph. It would bust that deer in half, but then again, it would knock the rider off the bike from the impact. :eek:

Honda TRX250ex
07-19-2006, 12:27 PM
I think you would need some large balls to do a buck 70 on a motocycle on a road with deer in it.

ohsobad_chevy
07-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Honda TRX250ex
I think you would need some large balls to do a buck 70 on a motocycle on a road with deer in it.
LOL...its not like he knew the deer was gonna be on the road. There is always that chance :eek: :eek:

suck my pipe
07-19-2006, 01:04 PM
i think you would wreck from the guts and blood splattered all over you, If the deer dosent stop you.

Mx_523
07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by TheX1992
I've heard a few people around here saying that there was a guy on a brand new Honda 1000rr driving down a back road at night in the next town over from me.
Why not take a ride down there and ask the guy if hes only a town over from you?

MOFO
07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Cut the deer in half? Sure.

Rode the bike away without wrecking? No way. Your a fool if you think he would ride away fine. The bike might go through a deer, but you can be damn sure its gonna be ugly for the deer, bike and rider!

TheFontMaster
07-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by yamablaster24
I believe it is real. I havent been up to 170 but just about 155 on my bike and when you get to those speeds you have so much momentum not much could slow you down. My friend was on a harley last year and struck a deer doing about 75mph and cut the deers neck clean off with the head and neck on one side of the road and the body on the other. The bike only needed plastic and a headlight along with the parts that scraped the road. I honestly believe this could happen.

When you say parts that scraped on the road, that leads me to belive that he atleast laid the bike down, am I right? So if he crashed after just taking off the head, there is no way that he could go through a whole deer body and keep goin. At 170 of course the bike could slice the deer in half, but the bike would be destroyed along with the rider.

Ralph
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Cut the deer in half? Sure.

Rode the bike away without wrecking? No way. Your a fool if you think he would ride away fine. The bike might go through a deer, but you can be damn sure its gonna be ugly for the deer, bike and rider!

So please close this thread on that note so i dont get reminded once a day that another kid might have replied explaining why its true:)

If you hit water at 170 mph your gonna die. You hit a deer at 170 that bike is crushed.

Let me remind everyone, http://72.16.129.90/presskit_durango/Photos/ABRAAUTOBODYANDGLASS/Deer%20vs%20Durango.jpg

Mxjunkie
07-19-2006, 04:00 PM
When we were looking into Boss Hoss's which are motorcycles powered by either 305, 355 or a 502 a guy that work's there was telling us something simular to this..

A guy that recently purchased one was riding and hit a deer at about 75ish. Never laid it down the deer kinda did a lil roll and it chucked the bike around a little bit due to tank slap but never laid it down... The deer wasnt cut in half but you could see where the fender and such cut the deer open :o

Here's what they look like.. Even with a bike that heavy I cant see it literally ripping a deer in half. But anything's possible

http://www.choppercity.com/images/uploads/boss%20hoss%20red%20side.jpg

PismoLocal
07-19-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
So please close this thread on that note so i dont get reminded once a day that another kid might have replied explaining why its true:)

If you hit water at 170 mph your gonna die. You hit a deer at 170 that bike is crushed.

Let me remind everyone, http://72.16.129.90/presskit_durango/Photos/ABRAAUTOBODYANDGLASS/Deer%20vs%20Durango.jpg

that would make a good owned pic lol

troutman561
07-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Did that dear fall from the sky or something?

user101
07-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by troutman561

don't guess Rudolf can fly anymore.

eBone
07-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by troutman561

Actually the Original story i heard with that pic a few years ago was that the deer was hit on an overpass and knocked over the edge and hit that car on the interstate. who knows if its true?

Bone

07-19-2006, 06:08 PM
well.....after reading all the replies....im gonna stay open on the subject, but.....my friends dad has a gsx-r750...ive rode with him up to 145-150....and i tell you....its fast, there is not enought time to react to a deer....and if he did hit the deer...it may have cut it in half....but the rider and bike were both severly fu*ked up!....so...i think it mostly depends on wether or not someone can track down the guy that supposedly hi the deer and talk to him....possibly get some proof picas of the bike.....i know the deer is gone by now.....those are just my 2 cents....

BTW....my profile wont let me use smilies or change my quote...can anyone help me out with this....just P.M. me if you can and feel like helping

07-19-2006, 06:14 PM
here ya go

gbcap
07-19-2006, 07:35 PM
possible....maybe...

i know the bike could rip the deer in two...chances of staying up on two wheels is another thing. if nothing went under the wheels there would be a much larger chance of you not wrecking. the gyro effect of the spinning wheels alone can keep you on the bike. tank slap only happens sometimes. althought it is rarely correct it can be!

unless i have pictures of both the bike and the deer in the same spot and could talk to the kid himself i won't believe it.

brian-250
07-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Do we have a picture of the deer? I'd say that it happend.

Premis
07-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Oddly enough, John Natalie told me this same story about him. He said he was going extremely fast ( I don't remember the exact speed) he hit a deer and stayed upright. The fork was smashed into the radiator but he said he kept it up. When a wheel is spinning that fast it has an extreme amount of gyroscopic balance. I say "plausible"

Quad18star
07-19-2006, 08:38 PM
I believe it .

Now if the person hit a moose , I'd say it would be a myth . Here's what happens when a car and a moose collide .... this happened not to far from where I live .

Cheap way to turn your car into a convertible .

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose1_small.jpg
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose2_small.jpg
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose3_small.jpg
http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/moose4_small.jpg

Tommy 17
07-19-2006, 08:56 PM
for every action theres an opposite and equal reaction...

its basic physics... what you are sayin is that the bike hit the deer and only the bike put force on the deer... not force from the deer pushing back on the bike... thats like sayin you get a rubber ball... throw it at a brick wall at 170 mph and it goes right threw the wall without any change in shape to the ball but the wall shatters... the ball is goin to mushroom when it hits the wall...

the bike is goin to have a force put on it in the opposite direction of its velocity due to the impact with the deer... this is goin to causing it to deaccelerate at a rapid speed... due to this theres goin to be DAMAGE TO THE BIKE! because whats in motion wants to stay in motion unless and outside force is acted upon it... when the bike trys to stay in motion there is goin to be a simple collision...

i tried to explain that as basic as possible with newtons laws... i knew my physics classes would come in handy someday:blah:

Tommy 17
07-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I believe it .

and u said u had engineering classes... remind me not to work with anyone from that school!!!!

you should know better then to believe something like that... go back to physics one!:o

Quad18star
07-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
and u said u had engineering classes... remind me not to work with anyone from that school!!!!
you should know better then to believe something like that... go back to physics one!:o

There will be damage to the bike ... but it is possible to keep it going . I should have quoted Premis , as to that's what I was mainly refering to .

We're talking about a deer which weighs probably 125 lbs ( or less) and a motorcycle that weighs maybe 4 times that amount ( hell i don't know what m/c's weigh these days , it could be more ) . At speeds of excess of 170 mph , I believe it possible to slice a deer in half and keep the bike straight . At 170 mph , the bike is carrying a lot of forward momentum which would take a lot to stop the bike . I've seen photos of a bike ripping a car nearly in half and of a bike slicing larger trees in half ... so I think it's entirely possible to slice the deer .

dead eye 00
07-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Awhile back in cycleworld magazine they someone write in about hitting a deer and splitting it in half and a lot of people wrote in saying it was bs. The next month they had lots of people write in telling first hand acoounts of spliiting a deer in half but i dont believe any of them stayed on the bike. Most were thrown off the front of the bike on impact.

yamablaster24
07-20-2006, 10:21 AM
so i was thinking of this today when i got on my cbr and well i will just say i might have just gotten to these speeds at which this deer was supposed to get and honestly i dont think just my fender would be messed up, i know for a fact the forks would be in the radiator and my fairings gone, who knows about my legs.

Premis
07-20-2006, 11:01 AM
for every action theres an opposite and equal reaction...

its basic physics... what you are sayin is that the bike hit the deer and only the bike put force on the deer... not force from the deer pushing back on the bike... thats like sayin you get a rubber ball... throw it at a brick wall at 170 mph and it goes right threw the wall without any change in shape to the ball but the wall shatters... the ball is goin to mushroom when it hits the wall...

the bike is goin to have a force put on it in the opposite direction of its velocity due to the impact with the deer... this is goin to causing it to deaccelerate at a rapid speed... due to this theres goin to be DAMAGE TO THE BIKE! because whats in motion wants to stay in motion unless and outside force is acted upon it... when the bike trys to stay in motion there is goin to be a simple collision...

i tried to explain that as basic as possible with newtons laws... i knew my physics classes would come in handy someday:blah:

You are right abou8t the law. But the energy that the der exerts on the bike can be channeled and absorbed, that is what a car does in crashes with crush zones. The energy it would take to slam the forks back and put the wheel into the radiator should use up all or most that force. I think as long as the front wheel doesn't lock up the bike should have enough gyroscopic balance (I'm not sure if that's the right term) to keep it upright.

angry450r
07-20-2006, 11:45 AM
alright well he finally got a hold of me and ya it happened . it was like 2 a.m and I felt like making a pass i was moving, and out of the corner of my eye I see this deer approaching the road and right before my bike hit it I went into to a wheelie so the bottom of the bike would hit the deer and it split that thing in 2. as I hit it wasnt completely in half so it was like this: 170 into the wheelie impact of deer and then it was like a 3 foot bunny hop over the corpse it was wild I was covered in blood and there was a leg of the deer hanging out my front plastic and I started pulling on the leg..... but not as hard as Im pulling yours if you believe any of this LMFAO!!!

PismoLocal
07-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by angry450r
alright well he finally got a hold of me and ya it happened . it was like 2 a.m and I felt like making a pass i was moving, and out of the corner of my eye I see this deer approaching the road and right before my bike hit it I went into to a wheelie so the bottom of the bike would hit the deer and it split that thing in 2. as I hit it wasnt completely in half so it was like this: 170 into the wheelie impact of deer and then it was like a 3 foot bunny hop over the corpse it was wild I was covered in blood and there was a leg of the deer hanging out my front plastic and I started pulling on the leg..... but not as hard as Im pulling yours if you believe any of this LMFAO!!!
lmao

quadsquadron221
07-20-2006, 12:48 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

07-20-2006, 03:51 PM

hahaha ya he won't acknowlegde the difference between concrete and cement.

PolarisRider06
07-21-2006, 12:22 AM
i'd say its possible. the bike would have some wicked damage to say the least and if the rider was going that fast he was probably tucking behind the windshield pretty good and that would help protect him some.

whoever made the moose meets semi truck comment sorry tto say but thats a no brainer the trucks gonna be destroyed, 3000 pound moose meets FLAT front of a 40 ton truck going 70 mph its gonna do some serious damage. my dads hit deer at 60 with his semi and luckily all of them have just been on the side of the front but he's went through 3 bumpers this year alone cause they get folded back to the tire. and thats just a deer that weighs around 150 pounds.

one interesting story with hittig a deer and cutting it in half is from a rally race around here. theres a guy who runs rally's all around the US with a Gen I mazda RX7 (front end is pointy horizontally) and i was talking to one of the people who work all the rallys and have known the guy for years. i gues a few years back he hit a dear going around 100 mph and split it in half the long way, he ran over the legs and a good chunk of the lower body and the back and head and neck went over the top of the car. did next to nothing to damage to the car just blood and guts everywhere over the entire car.

NorCalRacer
07-21-2006, 08:46 AM
So many ways to go deer hunting these days...

sam the brave
07-21-2006, 09:10 AM
i you get shot the bullet passes throught you with no damage to the bullet and it keeps going.
i think its possiable to cut a deer in half and ride away but i think you would have to hit it going alot more than 170mph

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Apparently you dont know much about guns or hunting.

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 09:19 AM
The only bullet that might do this would be a full metal jacket bullet. And that is totally different. A motorcycle was not made to pass through a deer. The bike and the guy would both be destroyed.

Ralph
07-21-2006, 10:26 AM
i cant believe these responses....:(

07-21-2006, 11:57 AM
ok, the guy hits the deer adn slices it in half...i believe that. there is minimal damge to the bike and he ride away...umm i need my **** kickers 'cause it is getting a little deep in here.

using tommys/newtons law, i'll give a little better explaination. the deer slows the momentum of the bike, but since the rider is an adjacent force moving at the same velocity and vector as the bike. the rider is not affected until the deer acts upon it. the bike instantly slows down a lot(maybe 10 or 15 mph given that it is a lot heaver and moving at a high rate of speed), but the rider continues on at the same speed. as the damage to the bike increases, mainly the forks bending, the drag to the bike becomes greater. it also increases as the wheels touches the fender/frame/ radiator/ etc, further slowing the bike down while the rider maintains his speed. what happens next..if the rider is able to stay on the ike, it is not as maneuverable as before and very hard to steer with a front wheel that will not spin.

so the rider either flys off the bike or dumps it due to lack of steering

quadsquadron221
07-21-2006, 12:06 PM
You must be an engineer

Blue_Streak23
07-21-2006, 12:21 PM
I could almost believe it......

My brother's friend, about a week ago hit a deer on his bike. I belive it was a gx6r. But anyways, he hit a deer going 70mph with his brakes locked up, and he didn't even fall off. Although it killed the deer, and ruined his front plastics, he didn't get hurt at all!

>>So i could see hitting a deer with out falling off, but breacking a deer in half......:confused: . That i don't believe.

Quad18star
07-21-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06

whoever made the moose meets semi truck comment sorry tto say but thats a no brainer the trucks gonna be destroyed, 3000 pound moose meets FLAT front of a 40 ton truck going 70 mph its gonna do some serious damage. my dads hit deer at 60 with his semi and luckily all of them have just been on the side of the front but he's went through 3 bumpers this year alone cause they get folded back to the tire. and thats just a deer that weighs around 150 pounds.

Might want to fix up your numbers a little bit .... 3000 LBS moose ??? :huh

The world record moose weighs something like 2200 - 2300 lbs and it was killed in Russia .

The average bull moose only weighs about 800 - 1200 LBS , the cows are usually around 600 - 800 lbs .

As far as the truck being destroyed , I've seen trucks after they've hit moose .... most end up with a bit of a dent and a broken headlight . Most truck drivers add an aftermarket front bumper and the moose just bounce off . It's a general rule among truckers up here in the north , you don't go out on the highways up here in your rig unless you have a good bumper .

Honda400exrox
07-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Might want to fix up your numbers a little bit .... 3000 LBS moose ??? :huh

The world record moose weighs something like 2200 - 2300 lbs and it was killed in Russia .

The average bull moose only weighs about 800 - 1200 LBS , the cows are usually around 600 - 800 lbs .

As far as the truck being destroyed , I've seen trucks after they've hit moose .... most end up with a bit of a dent and a broken headlight . Most truck drivers add an aftermarket front bumper and the moose just bounce off . It's a general rule among truckers up here in the north , you don't go out on the highways up here in your rig unless you have a good bumper .

that must have been 1 big *** moose lol:eek2:

400exrules
07-21-2006, 01:52 PM

As far as the truck being destroyed , I've seen trucks after they've hit moose .... most end up with a bit of a dent and a broken headlight .

yup.....just a dent

400exrules
07-21-2006, 01:53 PM
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.greenapple.com/~jorp/amzanim/moose-car2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.greenapple.com/~jorp/amzanim/hacmoose.htm&h=200&w=291&sz=11&hl=en&start=11&tbnid=5QnYDVbBRcUtAM:&tbnh=79&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmoose%2Bcar%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26 lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Quad18star
07-21-2006, 03:14 PM
400exrules ... I'm the one that posted those pictures ... and theres a difference between a Lumina and a Transport .

As you can see in the pictures of the Lumina , the car took out the moose's legs which resulted in it landing on the hood . In a transport , you're hitting the moose dead on with the bumper . and having it "bounce" off .

quadman440ex
07-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
ok, the guy hits the deer adn slices it in half...i believe that. there is minimal damge to the bike and he ride away...umm i need my **** kickers 'cause it is getting a little deep in here.

using tommys/newtons law, i'll give a little better explaination. the deer slows the momentum of the bike, but since the rider is an adjacent force moving at the same velocity and vector as the bike. the rider is not affected until the deer acts upon it. the bike instantly slows down a lot(maybe 10 or 15 mph given that it is a lot heaver and moving at a high rate of speed), but the rider continues on at the same speed. as the damage to the bike increases, mainly the forks bending, the drag to the bike becomes greater. it also increases as the wheels touches the fender/frame/ radiator/ etc, further slowing the bike down while the rider maintains his speed. what happens next..if the rider is able to stay on the ike, it is not as maneuverable as before and very hard to steer with a front wheel that will not spin.

so the rider either flys off the bike or dumps it due to lack of steering

It can be done!!!!!!

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/2966.html

shftmx300ex
07-29-2006, 09:11 PM
poor deer, getting sliced in half..:(

07-30-2006, 06:39 AM
yup it looks like it can be done...lol i remmeber seeing a guy that got sucked through a airplane motor and lived and once i saw that, i dont rule out anything right off the bat

ohsobad_chevy
07-31-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by shftmx300ex
poor deer, getting sliced in half..:(
What about the cow you just ate...He got sliced in half too...do you feel bad for eating a burger now??? ;)

07-31-2006, 10:12 AM
I believe it can happen. My cousin hit a deer going 70 on his 250, and killed the deer on impact. He didn't slice it in half...but he got damn near close. The rib cage...If you can call it that...Was everywhere. But he was thrown off the bike, broke both his wrists and one shoe landed 30 feet infront of the bike..And the other shoe landed 20 feet behind the bike. :blah: But anything could happen, and if you can break the deers rib cage, what couldn't stop your tires tred from ripping through the deers fur and skin? But if it is true...that guy must have had his legs locked like Fort Knox. :eek:

ilpadrino113
07-31-2006, 06:28 PM
idk its kinda like a bullet

ya have u ever seen a bullet once it hits something?? It's totally destroyed and that's what would happen to the bike

400exrider99
07-31-2006, 09:21 PM
its true ive seen a video of that happening but he wasnt going anywere near 140mph maybe 65mph and i dont what the bike was. http://www.break.com/movies/biker_hits_deer.html

ugottabayou
07-31-2006, 10:53 PM
I think it can be done, i was told a story that my grandpa once had a farmhand a long time ago that had a larger model harley. He was screamin down the road one day (don't know how fast), and hit a deer, slicing it in half, and he stayed upright with blood and guts all over him.