PDA

View Full Version : Cutting plastic (read)

Phills450r
07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
I have seen a few people cutting the part off the rear fender that holds the tools and stuff that come with the quad. Is this just for looks or what?

Flyin-Low
07-18-2006, 04:40 PM
The part under the seat? I couldnt really see that making much of a differance.

ESrider
07-18-2006, 07:31 PM
I cut mine off, it seemed to stop some of the dirt from getting in the airbox. Dirt would bounce off of it then into the air box. My filter stays cleaner longer now.

fox17
07-18-2006, 10:38 PM
why is it on the plastic? my 300ex box is mounted to the grab bar mounts. that was kinda dumb on hondas part.

Phills450r
07-18-2006, 11:01 PM
because with that being mounted on the 450r like that woulda fell off with me a year ago :) jk they probably wanted it more hidden and decent looking. not sure

fox17
07-18-2006, 11:17 PM
i would think honda would know that like 90% of people dont want the stupid looking tool box on their quad. it is really ugly from what ive seen of them. o well.

Nick110
07-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by fox17
i would think honda would know that like 90% of people dont want the stupid looking tool box on their quad. it is really ugly from what ive seen of them. o well.

Do you even know what the tool holder on the 450r looks like and where it is?

rlplive
07-19-2006, 10:53 AM
I don't have a problem with mine, I like to keep my tool kit with me just in case. I think most are cutting the bottom off then taking the toolbox out then gluing the bottom piece back on. I think it's mostly for looks.

Doober
07-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by rlplive
I don't have a problem with mine, I like to keep my tool kit with me just in case. I think most are cutting the bottom off then taking the toolbox out then gluing the bottom piece back on. I think it's mostly for looks.

why would you cut it just to take the toolbox out? when all you have to do is take the see off and pull it out?

ChrisSekerak
07-19-2006, 06:41 PM
you all are goofy, cutting it off is for looks only, no performance at all.

I cut mine off here's a picture, i did it just for looks.

ChrisSekerak
07-19-2006, 06:41 PM
here's another pic

rlplive
07-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Doober
why would you cut it just to take the toolbox out? when all you have to do is take the see off and pull it out?
I have no clue but I have seen it done.

GIXXER1KR
07-20-2006, 12:08 AM
That looks like a small air filter!!!!

d3ktrix
07-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
That looks like a small air filter!!!!

Thats what I was thinking.

I don't see how a filter that small has enough surface area to flow much air.

07-20-2006, 10:05 AM
With a setup like that, how could you ride anywhere without bombing the engine?

HAVOK
07-20-2006, 10:23 AM
You will hate that no airbox setup when your motor is blown up.
My buddy had that setup on two race motors both priced about $3,000 each in motor work, he is fixing one and selling the other in parts. He just picked up a new 450 and he's keeping the box. He race's mx only. GOOD LUCK with it.

md1985250r
07-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by force
With a setup like that, how could you ride anywhere without bombing the engine?

no worries there bud...that thing is hardly ridden at all!!

blake_mx_racer
07-20-2006, 03:56 PM
I cut mine off....edges are smoother now

ChrisSekerak
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by HAVOK
You will hate that no airbox setup when your motor is blown up.
My buddy had that setup on two race motors both priced about $3,000 each in motor work, he is fixing one and selling the other in parts. He just picked up a new 450 and he's keeping the box. He race's mx only. GOOD LUCK with it.

I'm glad your worried about my set up. do you even own a bike? worry about you and your buddies dumb issues and his 3000 motors, too bad that 3000 isn't worth what he's paying for. my stock bore with suspension will keep up with his mxer all day baby!!!!

I will be up at Silver Lake for DS days this month the 28-30 and again in september, let's race.

how about you worry about you and keep your **** outta my business.

ChrisSekerak
07-21-2006, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by md1985250r
no worries there bud...that thing is hardly ridden at all!! [/QUOTE

] :D :D :D :D :D

your probably one of those kids who likes to talk crap on the computer, but its ok. i'll explain for you clear so you understand....

some of us who own bikes are not hillbilly's or rednecks who barely wash their ****, my bike get's close to 140 miles on it each weekend from June to September in the Alleghany forest at Marienville. After each ride i take off the plastic and seat, wash the frame, hand polish the wiring and small parts. then armoral the frame and other small items.

i take pride in owning a nice bike. too bad 90% of the people on here, their bike's do not compare to how clean mine is for how much it get's used.

md1985250r
07-22-2006, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by ChrisSekerak
[QUOTE]Originally posted by md1985250r
no worries there bud...that thing is hardly ridden at all!! [/QUOTE

] :D :D :D :D :D

your probably one of those kids who likes to talk crap on the computer, but its ok. i'll explain for you clear so you understand....

some of us who own bikes are not hillbilly's or rednecks who barely wash their ****, my bike get's close to 140 miles on it each weekend from June to September in the Alleghany forest at Marienville. After each ride i take off the plastic and seat, wash the frame, hand polish the wiring and small parts. then armoral the frame and other small items.

i take pride in owning a nice bike. too bad 90% of the people on here, their bike's do not compare to how clean mine is for how much it get's used.

Does that armor-all put paint back on the frame? Or maybe it puts some back on the side case too?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ps...YOU MISSED ALOT OF SPOTS WITH YOUR HAND POLISH!!!LMAO:D :D

HAVOK
07-22-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by ChrisSekerak
I'm glad your worried about my set up. do you even own a bike? worry about you and your buddies dumb issues and his 3000 motors, too bad that 3000 isn't worth what he's paying for. my stock bore with suspension will keep up with his mxer all day baby!!!!

I will be up at Silver Lake for DS days this month the 28-30 and again in september, let's race.

how about you worry about you and keep your **** outta my business.

Thanks for being a prick to me, I was only giving you some advise *********.

chris450R
07-23-2006, 10:56 AM
well, i didn;t exactly cut my tool box off on mine. it kinda broke when i cased a jump, so i just finished it off by cutting what was left. lol. it actualy pissed me off alot, cause i did not want to lose the owners maual or tools. never really thought it would ever get hit, but it is too late for that.