PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please?

Flodies400ex
07-18-2006, 01:46 PM
hello I have a 2004 400ex and I have to take it in the shop because when i ride it makes like example like (when you put something in a bottle and shake it and raddles) i do not no what going on but its on my right foot side and i checked my chain and its alright and i checked my brakes and they are going out but its doesnt seem right because i was riding 2 days ago and there was nothing wrong and then i went in some mud then theres was something going on so I dont no but I just want to get prepared how much you guys think it would cost if it could be the tranny thanks guys

what is th symtoms of why it would shake and raddle a little?

JOEX
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Check you skid plate bolts, or there could be a rock bouncing around somewhere.

Flodies400ex
07-18-2006, 02:36 PM
there is no skid plates and its only if I run it makes the noise i was think maybe it could be the tranny and if it is how much woul dit cost please

GPracer2500
07-18-2006, 03:08 PM
When does the sound happen? Anytime the engine is running or ??? Does it happen in nuetral? Does the frequency of the sound go up and down with rpm? Does it seem timed to the engine or is it an irregular sound? Does it matter what gear you're in? Clues like that might help nail it down.

Could be something loose...
Could be an exhaust leak...
Could be deto...
Could be something else...

"...there was nothing wrong and then i went in some mud then theres was something going on..." Hmmm. Is there more to that story? ;)

Flodies400ex
07-18-2006, 04:17 PM
when I go threw gears thats whn it does it and its get louder

xc416ex
07-18-2006, 06:39 PM
check your cam chain