PDA

View Full Version : Dual front brake lines

Scro
07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
What are the advantages and disadvantages of having dual brakelines on the front? Is it going to cause me any trouble?

fandl450r
07-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Some say it provides more equal breaking power. I have them on mine, go on exactly like you would do a split break line.

bwamos
07-18-2006, 01:15 PM
I don't see any real advantage.

Using a single steel braided line will give a small amount of expansion when the brakes are compressed.

A double hose.. would give twice the expansion.. so the brakes would feel twice as squishy. And, twice as hard to purge.. lol.

I don't see any logical benefit to it other than the posibility og helping cool a little.. but there are better ways to keep your brakes from fading.

JOEX
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm guessing the dual lines are easier and cheaper to manufacture. There're only two pieces instead of four, excluding washers.

07-18-2006, 04:51 PM
they are supposidly supposed to be able to apply equal pressure to each tire, kind of like in a car when you slam the brakes, one squeels and the other doesnt, thats the theory, wether it works, i dont kno, i dont see a use for it, especially with the brakes on the 450r stock that have the added pressure