PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Anthony on your Progress

marie888
07-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Anthony,

Congratulations on your progress!! I was happy for the early wake up call this morning :) You are doing Great!! Here's a prayer that was sent to me from a dear friend of mine, Monique Chapman in CA.

St. Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite posibilities that are born of Faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you....

It's four weeks today from your accident, and God has smiled down upon you and brought you good news that your healing continues to progress!!

This prayer is in honor of our Courageous Anthony who has many talents that have touched us all, as we support him during his recovery. A Special Thank You to everyone for keeping Anthony in your thoughts and prayers. It is greatly appreciated by our entire family. Please pass the prayer along to others who have suffered injuries. It is a great inspiration and reminder for all of us that Faith is powerful.

Anthony you are a very gifted guitarist and it is awesome to listen to you play!! Keep up the Faith! GO ANTHONY!!
God Bless You,

With All Our Love,
Aunt Joan and cousin Angela

Mx_523
07-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Congrats Anthony. Keep up the good recovory.:)

ohsobad_chevy
07-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Congrats...Git R Done!!! :devil:

450Racer
07-18-2006, 01:31 PM
update:

yesterday i had 4 accidents during the day, one after breakfast, one during therapy and the other two at other times. i contracted a bladder infection and raised my temp over 101. my back pain significantly increased from a 4 hour car ride and several transfers. yesterday was one of the worst days of my life...

today...6am, i watched the sunrise, ate a good breakfast before my doctor came in. my injury was a T6. Three weeks after the accident, I progressed to a T8 which means my movement increased and is descending or moving down from the injury level (i could move my two upper ab muscles last week. Today, I could contract all all of my abdomen muscles). I also started to get some bladder control, pressure in my sacral areas (butt), bowels, and lower back. in other words, i'm on a roller coaster ride. one day absoluetly sucks, the next is awesome, like today. i have some backpain but i don't even mind pain anymore. it's something you accept and get used to. it makes you stronger and more tolerant to more pain. the more pain you have, the more you can tolerate. that makes mild pain a joke where some people cry over it.

against my doctors predictions, i am improving, progressing, and descending multiple times faster than what they expected and farther. i went initially from a T6 to a T10 in three weeks. that is very rare. a few more vertebrae down and i'll start to regain my upper leg motor movements and control. over time, this could lead to me walking again. at the rate my body is healing, that might not be out of the question yet. they're giving me a 1% chance. and that's my motive to beat the odds. because when they give you a 99% chance, peoploe let their guard down adn that's when they fall. it's very possible i may have stopped progressing, it's up to god now. if i walk, it wouldnt' be for years. my legs have lost much muscle, tone, and muscle memory. the dexterity will be very poor so it will take even more rehab and training to overcome it. until then, i sold my truck and with the help of many others raising money for me, i will be able to buy hand controls so i can drive my new vehicle.

one last thing...you may have heard this before but...the second you give up is the second that things could have gotten better. do not give up, and keep a positive attitude. if i would have been this positive before, i would have been much more successful in school, racing, and other things. c yall

marie888
07-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by marie888
Anthony,

Congratulations on your progress!! I was happy for the early wake up call this morning :) You are doing Great!! Here's a prayer that was sent to me from a dear friend of mine, Monique Chapman in CA.

St. Theresa's Prayer

May today there be peace
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.
May you not forget the infinite posibilities that are born of Faith
May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you....

It's four weeks today from your accident, and God has smiled down upon you and brought you good news that your healing continues to progress!!

This prayer is in honor of our Courageous Anthony who has many talents that have touched us all, as we support him during his recovery. A Special Thank You to everyone for keeping Anthony in your thoughts and prayers. It is greatly appreciated by our entire family. Please pass the prayer along to others who have suffered injuries. It is a great inspiration and reminder for all of us that Faith is powerful.

Anthony you are a very gifted guitarist and it is awsesome to listen to you play!! Keep up the Faith! GO ANTHONY!!
God Bless You,

With All Our Love,
Aunt Joan and cousin Angela

Premis
07-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Keep pushing buddy, you have the right attitude!

Mxjunkie
07-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Keep thinking postive and only good thing's will come your way :macho

I've been meaning to IM ya but been so darn busy at work, I'm really glad to hear your doing good! :cool:

Honda TRX250ex
07-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Tough times dont last, Tough people do.
Anthony you are one of those people. Stay strong man

KXRida
07-20-2006, 06:59 PM
yea, congrats on the progress you have made thus far. Keep up the good work

-Randy

YFZ133
07-21-2006, 06:20 AM
man its great to hear the progress ! keep the faith anything is possible with the man up stairs in ur corner ! u already know that but stay pos! later fink

STEVENJANNA
07-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Praise God! It's such good news to here that the Lord is answer our prayer's for you so quickly. It's such a good feeling and a relief to know that you are progressing. Keep the faith and know that people evreywhere are praying for you.

marie888
07-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Hello Anthony,

Grandmother and Pappy are sending Loving wishes to you! we are so proud of you and look forward each day to hear about your progress!!

We love you and are praying for you!
See you soon, God Bless you!

Love, Grandmother and Pappy