PDA

View Full Version : Rear Tire Question

tkey0218
07-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Went riding Sunday and 15 minutes off the truck riding gashed open one of my rear tires. Trying not to ruin the day of riding finally got it to hold air which took 11 tire plugs folded in half some rubber cement and a can of fix a flat. Well now I figure the tire could go any second so my question here is where can I get a cheap oem tire for it (called the local dealer and they must have been smoking crack). And also what does everyone suggest for an additional set of tires and rims to put on it for a good price (which when i get them on it the stock set will stay in the truck for a back up). I do mostly trail riding with some hill climbing. The thing that sucks the most about this is that this is the 3rd time I have took it out riding.

SoCal Rap700
07-18-2006, 07:24 PM
I know it sucks, but dump the stock tires. I run Holeshot XC3s (6-ply) on front and back using stock tires sizes on my 700r. They've improved my cornering on MX tracks and should work well for any type of trail riding.

Even though they're 6-ply, they feel soft, not a bit hard like you'd imagine. I paid $200 for 2 back tires including tax and mounting on stock rims. Good luck!

Blue_Streak23
07-21-2006, 11:57 AM
I would suggest Razr;s. I have them for my raptor 660 and love the traction. They hold up very well to hard terrain also.

wolffie
07-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Kenda makes some awesome tires at a great price. the Klaws are very good for numbeous terrains and are around $45 a piece. razrs are also good.