PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the largest grips?

rockabilly13
07-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I think I'm getting tendonites or carpull tunell in one of my wrists from small grips. I have just the plain ol' Renthal half waffles. I'm looking for something that is fatter with some vibration obsorbtion but I don't want to order every grip in the book. So any tips would be appreciated.

400exrider707
07-17-2006, 10:14 PM
Try a set of Oury grips. They are larger without being obnoxiously big, and I never get blisters when I use them. Larger grips will cause more arm pump though, but for me it was not so much to discourage me from buying them.

250r4life
07-17-2006, 11:03 PM
ive went through half a dozen or more grips before i got the oury's, and now that is the only thing that i will buy...

just some advice, if youre having problems, you may want to soften up your front suspension a tad and this should help as well...

rockabilly13
07-18-2006, 05:39 AM
Thanks. I'm definatly going to soften the front end. Thanks for the tips on the grips. I would like to eventually get flexx bars but out of my budget right now.

rob-u/21
07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
I also use oury grips. They are great grips. And last a very long time.

MXin700R
07-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Another vore for Ourys. I do assembly work at Mercedes Benz and my hands arent what they used to be lol.

SwainRacing
07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
I have there gips too and the flex bars and my right hand still gos numb. I am going for shock tests next tuesday to see if I need suregery on my wrists. Good luck, you will like their grips

scramblerracer
07-31-2006, 06:08 PM
I finnally got tested at the Neurologist in Feb. 06 and found out that I do have carpel tunnel syndrome in both hands. I am waiting for the end of the season before I have surgery. I have dealt with this for 4 or 5 years. I never get arm pump( I am a pipefitter and use my hands everyday) but I can't keep my hands from going numb/pins and needles when racing. A few things that I do to help: I use ODI grips-(sponsor, but I went to them with my problem and they offered to help, let me try all of their grips for free) I really like the ruffian. I have very low bars- cr low on a custom mount that actually lowered the bars 1 inch. I ride standing with my arms pointing down as much as possible, to keep the least amount of tension on them. I constantly have to remind myself to loosen my grip on the bars or it comes much faster and stays longer. I hope that this might help- I ordered a set of Flexx bars and will try them as soon as they arrive. Good luck and if you don't know if it is carpel tunnel syndrome- go to the doctor, get refered to a neurologist and they will shock you to see how bad. If it is not too bad there are physical therapies that seem to help. I liked some that were called neurve glides- simple movement excersizes that you can do throughout the day that help to smooth the neurves travel thru the canal.

rockabilly13
07-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I got some Oury grips and have rode twice with them so far. They seem to make a big difference. I'm sold on them. My next purchase will be some flexx bars.

firefighterjosh
07-31-2006, 09:33 PM
I have never hear of "Oury". I need some new grips. I think I might give them a try. Were can I get these?

QuadJunkies
08-01-2006, 12:24 AM
I too have Carpel tunnel and Tendonitis.. It SUCKS SO BAD! :(

I have tried a few different grips and found the Ourys the best for this, but I could not race with them cause they were too fat to get a good full grip on my bars so I switched to spider grips. I prefer the spiders for better grip ,but the ourys are great for vibration .

rockabilly13
08-01-2006, 05:41 AM
I got mine off of e-bay.