PDA

View Full Version : motor building suggestions 2005 450r

REDRON
07-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I am looking for some input and suggestions on building a 2005 450r motor for the sand .I want an all around toy for carving dunes and occasional drag or two .This is not what a really wanted to build but i think i am going to work with what i got for now because i need it built and ready to go by october .I want to get a pretty big hp increase over what i have now ( stock with stage one cam) but i dont want to go broke doing it .I think i have about a 1500-2000 dollar price range to work with .I have learned from reading that there are alot of people on here trying to reach the covenet 60hp .I dont want to put that much money in this motor.I would like to see 50-53 hp if possible .I want to know who is the best to use for porting/valve job ,what the best piston/compression to use and what pipe and cam .I have been looking at dasa's stuff .It looks pretty good and is quite pricey but i want the best bang for my buck but i dont want to trade value for quality .Any input would help .If there is anything else i have left out that would make a good sand toy motor please let me know .