PDA

View Full Version : Pos Router

Iliketogofast
07-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know about wireless networking? I bought a wireless router, and all my lights come on but i have no connection.

I called Verizon tech support, but trying to talk to a real person is like trying to squeeze blood from a turnip (you can't do it).

fandl450r
07-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Does anyone know about wireless networking? I bought a wireless router, and all my lights come on but i have no connection.

I called Verizon tech support, but trying to talk to a real person is like trying to squeeze blood from a turnip (you can't do it).

Have you been able to find/see the network from your computer?

Iliketogofast
07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
I don't know what that means. Usually when there is no modem it reads "Network Cable unplugged" and it doesn't do that now. I have a power, wireless, internet and LAN light on the router, and a power, ethernet, DSL and internet light on the modem.

quads14589
07-17-2006, 04:15 PM
i got wireless on all 4 comps in my house my mom had some computer guy put it in its really sick becuase i can use my laptop outside.

popo
07-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Be glad you can understand them.

Call linksys and you get an indian on the other end, not the kind with feathers either. The dot kind

Can't understand a word there saying.

DieselBoy
07-17-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by popo

Call linksys and you get an indian on the other end, not the kind with feathers either. The dot kind

LMFAO

flyin#5
07-17-2006, 05:24 PM
do you have a wireless card for your computer? might be a dumb question, or a question that makes you think your dumb. haha. if you do then did you install the software for the router onto your computer?

rooster400ex
07-18-2006, 04:42 AM
i just setup my wireless netowrk last weekend and i had the same problem.... did u diasable your firewall before u started to configure your router? that was my problem...

01 400EXer
07-18-2006, 06:21 AM
Iliketogofast,

I have tried to pm you (you box is full), but I sent you an email.

rooster400ex
07-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by flyin#5
do you have a wireless card for your computer? might be a dumb question, or a question that makes you think your dumb. haha. if you do then did you install the software for the router onto your computer?

if u have the computer hooked up to the router you do not need a wireless card because it's wired, but if it's not hooked to the computer u do need a wireless card

Mx_523
07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by popo

Try calling the Xbox support line.:chinese: They are like Inians with the dots on crack.:chinese:

orca0294
07-18-2006, 09:59 AM
does anything come under network connections and did it come with any cd's for drivers to install? It usually is a pain in the *** to talk with any customer service over the phone their all paid like 55 an hour over in india to go through everything in their database and hope one works sooner or later

ballisticpb
07-18-2006, 11:19 AM
first and formost... what brand? are you hard wired into the new wireless or trying to do it all wireless? 80% of the routers will NOT allow you to configure it thru wireless alone... start by pluging the network cable straight to the back of the new wireless router...

now here is where you run into what brand it is... after network cable is installed you need to open your internet browser

in the address bar input for:
linsys router: 192.168.1.1
user is blank.. as in nothing in the box
password is admin
netgear and most others: 192.168.0.1
user is admin
password admin

after that you can configure using on screen instuctions.. when completed then wireless will be active...

any other questions let me know.