PDA

View Full Version : gas

exrider49
07-17-2006, 11:13 AM
i just called mark baldwin about which gas i should run becuz i was thinking about vp's u4 and he told me it doesnt rewind ur engine or anything but it rewinds the carb and that he recomends vp's c12 so i thought i would let ya kno dont run u4

GPracer2500
07-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by exrider49
i just called mark baldwin about which gas i should run becuz i was thinking about vp's u4 and he told me it doesnt rewind ur engine or anything but it rewinds the carb and that he recomends vp's c12 so i thought i would let ya kno dont run u4

Rewind? Do you mean reward? :ermm:

I'm not sure exactly what you were told, but C12 and U4 are completely different fuels. They are both excellent fuels--which one is "better" just depends on the application. U4 is oxygenated and MON 92 octane. C12 is not oxygentated and MON 108 ocatane. They're not exactly made to compete with one another in the marketplace. U4 would be better suited for a lowerer (stockish) compression racing application where C12 is better suited to for any engine with a high octane requirement (and the benefits/hassle of oxygenated fuel aren't needed/wanted).

tim colston
07-17-2006, 01:48 PM
He might be saying ruin. That is the best I can come up with. Learn to spell Bro.

GPracer2500
07-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by tim colston
He might be saying ruin. That is the best I can come up with. Learn to spell Bro.

Ahh. That does make sense. U4 (being oxygenated) should be purged from the fuel system after use because it is slightly corrosive. As long as that is done, there are no issues though.

exrider49
07-17-2006, 09:43 PM
yea i meant ruined not rewind i was in a hurry to get his post up b4 i went to work