PDA

View Full Version : Who else is having bad weather?

400exchick
07-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Crazy weather here right now. A town 5 miles away got hit by a tornado a couple hours ago. Some homes are missing the roof, boats and jet skis landed in their yards. Trees are down, power lines are down. Sky is black. We have some pretty big winds in the town I work in, but nothing really damaging.

Who else is having some pretty messed up weather??

Crazy lil punk
07-17-2006, 11:18 AM
over here in philly PA u cant walk out of ur hosue with out getting sunburned. its 110, and the fact tht all the streets are black topped and all the houses are so close it makes it evenhotter, go luck with ur weather though

bwamos
07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
101 deg.
57% humidity

114deg heat index.

Thank god for air conditioning.. lol.

quads14589
07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
100 here, susposed to get bad weather later on in the day.

Honda400exrox
07-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by 400exchick
Crazy weather here right now. A town 5 miles away got hit by a tornado a couple hours ago. Some homes are missing the roof, boats and jet skis landed in their yards. Trees are down, power lines are down. Sky is black. We have some pretty big winds in the town I work in, but nothing really damaging.

Who else is having some pretty messed up weather??

you should come down to southern Ontario its hot as hell, thank god for pools and bridge jumping:blah:

fatkid400
07-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Hot and flooded:mad:

ohsobad_chevy
07-17-2006, 01:25 PM
105 with heat index and dry as hell!!! We need rain, desperately!!! :(

CannondaleRider
07-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Got a decent storm the day before last, hard rain that lasted about 10 minutes, lol.

Got another storm last night, didn't get anything here but wind, and lightning. But a town not to far away got a tornado...haven't heard about what damage was done yet.

Low Pressure systems are causing the storms here

DieselBoy
07-17-2006, 08:33 PM
didn't hear about those storms Mylene, sorry to hear. down here it's just been hot as hell, and it's been up to about 110 plus high humidity...I can't stay hydrated outside, but tonight it looks like we have a severe storm watch issued, and it's REALLY windy tonight, so we'll see.

Talk to you soon:)

Quad18star
07-18-2006, 08:38 AM
Some parts of town here got hit pretty good .... but everyone around us got hit hard . The Island got nailed really hard .... they're still without power , To the south of us , a bunch of barns went down ... watch the news and check out what happened at RL Equipment ... barn landed on 2 cars while they were driving . :eek2: Everyone was fine though !!!

My parents came back from the cottage yesturday and said another microburst falttened some areas up Hwy 144 just south of Halfway Lake Prov. Park... who got nailed with a microburst a few years ago .

Crazy weather .... here in Azilda it got really black and rained for about 10 minutes ... that's all .

400exchick
07-18-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Some parts of town here got hit pretty good .... but everyone around us got hit hard . The Island got nailed really hard .... they're still without power , To the south of us , a bunch of barns went down ... watch the news and check out what happened at RL Equipment ... barn landed on 2 cars while they were driving . :eek2: Everyone was fine though !!!

My parents came back from the cottage yesturday and said another microburst falttened some areas up Hwy 144 just south of Halfway Lake Prov. Park... who got nailed with a microburst a few years ago .

Crazy weather .... here in Azilda it got really black and rained for about 10 minutes ... that's all .

I couldn't get our local news channel at all last night. What happened at RL Equipment?? I almost bought my quad from them.

V-town got spared of any significant damage, which is real good. My room is in the half floor upstairs.. attic if you will. The amount of damage to my belongings would have been unreal if the roof was to be torn off then flooded. :eek2:

Thanks Mike, all is well. Group ride is coming up soon. Will you be attending??