PDA

View Full Version : MX Testing track by fall at BK Performance!

Pappy
07-17-2006, 09:28 AM
With the repair work picking up, I went ahead and started plans to build a MX track here for testing, R&D and ofcourse for our personal use:devil:

I have 3 acres set aside, and should have it completed by fall!

My main question is dirt quantity. I have approximatley 100 dump truck loads of top soil lined up, but not sure if that will be enough.

07-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
I have approximatley 100 dump truck loads of top soil lined up, but not sure if that will be enough. dear god, thats gotta cost alot

i would think thats enough for a testing track, your not making like your own hill climbs or nething right? :P

XCAdam89
07-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Sounds like it's going to be an awesome track.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Try to keep away from tabletops n it should be plenty. How many jumps u planning to have?

250R-Dee
07-17-2006, 10:11 AM
I hope the new track doesn't cause any problems with your crazy neighbor:chinese:

07-17-2006, 10:11 AM
he doesn't have to stay from tabletops, he just has to use a few tricks :P

get old concrete pipes (like 2 or 3 feet in diameter) and line like 3 together and then maby smaller ones in the two cracks on top where they meet and cover that in dirt... perfect :P

or get a very large pipe that is big enough to ride threw and make a crossover part of the track

MX MaNiAc 06
07-17-2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Crath
he doesn't have to stay from tabletops, he just has to use a few tricks :P

get old concrete pipes (like 2 or 3 feet in diameter) and line like 3 together and then maby smaller ones in the two cracks on top where they meet and cover that in dirt... perfect :P

or get a very large pipe that is big enough to ride threw and make a crossover part of the track

But with how big Codys jumping now it would still be quite a bit of dirt.

rmz250
07-17-2006, 10:25 AM
Topsoil? Might wanna dig a little pond or something so you have a little clay so the jumps dont wear down so quick.

07-17-2006, 10:37 AM
yeah i have decent dirt on my trails and the rams just keep wearing down to nothing all the time and i have no idea where the dirts even going :P so i decided to make a wooden structure out of old logs laying around in the woods and its staying up really good now :)

Honda TRX250ex
07-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Dear lord pappy 100 dump trucks?!
I have a question, how much does a MX track cost about to make?

tp300ex
07-17-2006, 10:44 AM
nahh he will be fine we let ours sit for like a month and now its perfect to start building my jumps

Dupontster
07-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by rmz250
Topsoil? Might wanna dig a little pond or something so you have a little clay so the jumps dont wear down so quick.

He could never dig a pond in all that rock....:D :D :p

Pappy
07-17-2006, 12:23 PM
The dirt will cost me a few cases of beer and some track time for the neighbor who has an excavating company:p

They dropped off 1 load at lunch, already working on the first double

07-17-2006, 12:25 PM
The dirt will cost me a few cases of beer and some track time for the neighbor who has an excavating company:p

They dropped off 1 load at lunch, already working on the first double did you rent a loader or earth mover for the week or w/e, or are your friends doing that to :P

Pappy
07-17-2006, 12:27 PM
I have the equipment to build the jumps

07-17-2006, 12:57 PM
shovel? eplain :P

TRX_450
07-17-2006, 01:07 PM

if i remember right in some pictures ive seen of pappy he has his own backhoe

Tommy 17
07-17-2006, 01:51 PM
makes me wanna get another quad and just keep it at your house and come down riding with ya on the weekend:o

Phills450r
07-17-2006, 01:57 PM
lol soon you will see pictures being posted of Cody with a shovel making the jumps.. just messing.. wish I could have something like that. get some pics though I bet it will turn out nice :-d

Pappy
07-17-2006, 01:57 PM

yeah. all by shovel:p i dont build anything half ***.

Started on the first double, and cody hit it to see how it was going to be

Pappy
07-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I started building up the take off and landing, and made it 10 feet wide, 30 foot gap.

Pappy
07-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I will start on the next doble maybe this evening, it will be about where the boat is in the back ground. Double double section should be done in a few days

07-17-2006, 02:24 PM
yeah. all by shovel:p i dont build anything half ***. I beg to differ... you can do ANYTHING with a shovel that you can with a backhoe... just alittle more grunt and time into it :D

btw: whats that codys on? 400ex? / 250ex

Pappy
07-17-2006, 02:29 PM
You go ahead and become proficient with the shovel, I will stick to my John Deere. We aim to ride, not spend 4 months digging with pops shovel.

Cody is on a 400ex.

07-17-2006, 02:31 PM
You go ahead and become proficient with the shovel, I will stick to my John Deere. We aim to ride, not spend 4 months digging with pops shovel.

are you challenging me to a race? :devil:

lol i thought cody had a 300ex? sorry its hard keeping up with you and your childrens toys :confused:

edit: omg.... look in the 2ed pic... in the sky. Its a UFO :eek:

JRP
07-17-2006, 02:32 PM
hey pappy, whats ur home adress, maybe if ur only like an hr or so from me i could come out and ride a few times.

Pappy
07-17-2006, 02:33 PM
are you challenging me to a race? :devil:

lol i thought cody had a 300ex? sorry its hard keeping up with you and your childrens toys :confused:

edit: omg.... look in the 2ed pic... in the sky. Its a UFO :eek:

bring your money...we love to race.

and noone asked you to keep track:p

Hammer trx450r
07-17-2006, 02:48 PM
That is a nice UFO:eek2:

07-17-2006, 02:48 PM
bring your money...we love to race.

and noone asked you to keep track:p
dig a hole at least 3 inches deep and 3 inches wide :) as soon as you get your bucket down in the ground i'll be done :cool:

bring it to quadfest ;)

i didnt know he got a new bike

Originally posted by Hammer trx450r
That is a nice UFO:eek2:

I told you! :P

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:04 PM

bring it to quadfest ;)

He said no worries, he has all he needs to get your banshee dirty;)

07-17-2006, 04:10 PM
um yeah.. dude, start back up before i said lets race... we were talking about if it woudl be better to use a shovel or your backhoe... so i said lets race (as in digging... obviously) so you totally took it the wrong way :P

He said no worries, he has all he needs to get your banshee dirty;) umm yeah... look in my sig pappy...

ive had a 440ex for like a month now :rolleyes:

whos not up to date on peoples rides now :devil:

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:11 PM
umm yeah... look in my sig pappy...

ive had a 440ex for like a month now :rolleyes:

whos not up to date on peoples rides now :devil:

bring them both, smoking 2 is as easy as 1:o

07-17-2006, 04:17 PM
bring them both, smoking 2 is as easy as 1:o lol... read - 440ex, not 400, and got a 14t sproket and some other stuff

i might be doing the drag races, not 100% sure yet, lol

read my edited last post

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Sorry chief, I dont have your signature turned on so I have no idea what quad you have, based it on your avatar.

And a 440 and 14 tooth dont worry us...lol

07-17-2006, 04:24 PM
Sorry chief, I dont have your signature turned on so I have no idea what quad you have, based it on your avatar.

And a 440 and 14 tooth dont worry us...lol what, you have some secret weapon in that thing or something? nos maby lol...

read up like 2 posts... i didn't even talk about racing in the first place, you just took something way wrong lol

but if you insist

hopefully my jets come on time... kus right now its not jetted correctly and i aint burning a piston up for you lol :blah:

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Sorry again, I didnt look up far enough. You will lose twice.:eek:

Damn, you must be a bad rider with a weak engine, your already making excuses:D

07-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Sorry again, I didnt look up far enough. You will lose twice.:eek:

Damn, you must be a bad rider with a weak engine, your already making excuses:D lol... i have no problem with racing, but blowing a few hundred bucks in parts because of a misunderstanding of ol' pappy doesnt seem to float my boat :P

and i don't have the 'shee nemore... lol

Robin Hood
07-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Hey pappy is it by any chance screened top soil? I know regular top soil isn't too expensive but screened might run you a bit. Too bad I didn't live closer, I've got at least 15 loads in my back yard from old jobs my dad worked on. Got all the equipment to help out too. Anyway good luck and make sure you post progress pics. :D

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:34 PM
lol... i have no problem with racing, but blowing a few hundred bucks in parts because of a misunderstanding of ol' pappy doesnt seem to float my boat :P

Hey, we can handle being beat by a better rider or a faster quad, can you handle being beat by a 13 year old:confused:

And we hurt more then a few hundred dollars in parts goofing off and when racing is concerned, money is never questioned. There is a $3 plaque to win!:macho You run it until the checkers are out or you are pushing the quad off the track. No fear:devil:

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Hey pappy is it by any chance screened top soil? I know regular top soil isn't too expensive but screened might run you a bit. Too bad I didn't live closer, I've got at least 15 loads in my back yard from old jobs my dad worked on. Got all the equipment to help out too. Anyway good luck and make sure you post progress pics. :D

It is not screened, but not alot of rip rap in it. Once I start getting them completed, I may have to buy a few loads of screened along with a few BIG loads of mulch.

07-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Hey, we can handle being beat by a better rider or a faster quad, can you handle being beat by a 13 year old:confused:

And we hurt more then a few hundred dollars in parts goofing off and when racing is concerned, money is never questioned. There is a $3 plaque to win!:macho You run it until the checkers are out or you are pushing the quad off the track. No fear:devil: umm yeah... when your talking about a person like me... that takes a few months to save up a few bucks because of bills (cell (for work) quad insurance, server, quad maintence) it would take me oh... maby a year to save up enough to fix it again. And unless your going to pay to fix my bike... i'd rather just say no to 1 race and be ok for the rest of a season of riding and not miss it. You gotta know where you have to draw your line when your not bloody frickin rich :rolleyes:

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:41 PM
Oh I forgot...I have a few zillion bucks in the bank:o

When your nuts drop and the peach fuzz fills in, and that whine in your voice is gone, I'll race you myself
:devil:

theTman
07-17-2006, 04:45 PM
:o dont mess with pappy...you WONT win

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by theTman
:o dont mess with pappy...you WONT win

Its not my fault noone else can keep whats inside the cases a secret:cool:

07-17-2006, 04:49 PM
Oh I forgot...I have a few zillion bucks in the bank:o

When your nuts drop and the peach fuzz fills in, and that whine in your voice is gone, I'll race you myself
:devil:
wow... a bit immature don't you think old man?

yes.. you are bloody rich pappy... you can buy your kids new bikes all the time and not give a care about the world when it comes to takeing care of them because meh... you can pay somebody to fix it.
well not evrybody in the world can do that because we arnt all finger painters and don't watch the cash roll in. we have little, and save up to get big things... but when we get those big things, we take care of them because if they break... were out of luck for a long time.

and if your saying go ahead bust your motor and fu*k the rest of the season just because i want to race somebody for the craps of it for no reason at all, you then you've got a few things to learn yourself mr. smart 36 year old that should know everything by now

lol... there come those fatherly comments again too. My exhaust might be alittle to loud for your little boy too, might make him alittle scared :blah:

and race me on what, your dimond studded rappy 700r?

i think you need to lay off just because i cannot race.. and not beause i don't want to because i would

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:50 PM
Anyone have some cheese to go with all this whine:confused:

07-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Anyone have some cheese to go with all this whine:confused: lol...
anybody got a condo m to go on this d*ck?

lay off it ok? my god... you'd expect better from somebody like you

TheFontMaster
07-17-2006, 04:53 PM
That track should be awsome.

Hey Pappy, do you know about how far away you are from WyoTech, (blairesville PA)?

07-17-2006, 04:54 PM
lol...

:eek: O no you Didnt

theTman
07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
lol...

from what ive read...pappy hasnt done anything to you...jsut being wise to YOUR immature comments...so what if pappy has smoe money to spend? some people do, other people dont. ITS CALLED LIFE! GET USED TO IT! all i see here is something called JEALOUSY

so take a chill pill Crath....your getting annoying

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Been waiting for that chance...see you and your cry baby attitude. Come say hello at quadfest.

Not sure about wyotech, Id geuss about 2 hours.

Pappy
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by theTman
from what ive read...pappy hasnt done anything to you...jsut being wise to YOUR immature comments...so what if pappy has smoe money to spend? some people do, other people dont. ITS CALLED LIFE! GET USED TO IT! all i see here is something called JEALOUSY

so take a chill pill Crath....your getting annoying

Actually I have no money to spend. I work 7 days a week to enjoy the life we live. I have never been given or handed anything, and noone works on my quads but me.

As far as the annoying part, yes, very much so and he has been on my watch list since he threatened to hack the site. Ill ban his ip in a bit.

Hon300ex
07-17-2006, 05:21 PM

As far as the annoying part, yes, very much so and he has been on my watch list since he threatened to hack the site. Ill ban his ip in a bit.

Ive heard moderators say "he's on my watch list" a lot of times and Ive always wondered if you guys really have a list? Or is it a list you keep in your head? haha:devil:

07-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex
Ive heard moderators say "he's on my watch list" a lot of times and Ive always wondered if you guys really have a list? Or is it a list you keep in your head? haha:devil:

lmao

Pappy
07-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Hon300ex

we take note from reported threads, and other members who fill us in on the ones that need to go. no list really exists, unless another moderator feels stongly enough to post it in the mod forum, when that happens, your days here are numbered.

Cody didnt like what Crath had to say, but wanted me to take a picture rather then argue on the net:chinese: Dont take it personal crath, its all in good fun right:D

Pappy
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
btw, thats his 300ex for those keeping track ...lmgdao:D

Guy400
07-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Should be sweet when it's done:cool: It doesn't do it much justice but here's the track of a guy I know. His father is some rich *** plumber (owns the company actually) and they paid some professional track making company to come build this thing. It's basically an outdoor SX track. I'm there at least once a week so I'll try to remember to take a camera next time and snap a few pics from ground level. Just to provide some aspect of scale that field to the left is 50 acres and I've got about 2/3 of it in the snapshot.

MX MaNiAc 06
07-17-2006, 05:42 PM
we take note from reported threads, and other members who fill us in on the ones that need to go. no list really exists, unless another moderator feels stongly enough to post it in the mod forum, when that happens, your days here are numbered.

Cody didnt like what Crath had to say, but wanted me to take a picture rather then argue on the net:chinese: Dont take it personal crath, its all in good fun right:D

OWNED!!

How many jumps are u planning to have? Or are u just gonna keep making them till u run out of dirt?

Pappy
07-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Guy...that would be killer to have here, but i dont envision anything that big:p

All we will have is enough track to test out parts and do a bit of practice on. Building a track is not as bad as maintaining it!

Guy400
07-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Guy...that would be killer to have here, but i dont envision anything that big:p

All we will have is enough track to test out parts and do a bit of practice on. Building a track is not as bad as maintaining it! Yours will be bigger than the one I have. How many turns and jumps can you fit on a .8 acre lot:confused: :D

Pappy
07-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
Yours will be bigger than the one I have.

Guy, my wife read that and was like WTF do you guys talk about on here:eek: :p

Cody catching a hazing from his lil' bro about it being a small double:D

Mx_523
07-17-2006, 07:04 PM
If you bring me to your track I'll race Cody. I'm sure I'll lose but hey atleast I would of have fun.:p

Any updates on Cody's 300?

Pappy
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Havent really had anything new besides the nerfs to put on:p

Once his arms and shocks arrive, we will more then likely tear it down and build it up.

Mx_523
07-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Whens that? I'm dying to see what its going to look like.:devil:

Pappy
07-17-2006, 07:36 PM
Hopefully soon:p

Pappy
07-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Quad_King
HAHA you got banned HAHAHAHA... J/K
Please Pappy dont ban me... I want to get stuff PC from you one day :p LOL

Trust me, I do not give consideration to anyone when its time for them to go, wether I have done work or may be doing work for that member. I even once banned someone while I had thier complete quad here, so sucking up to me gets you no where

yfzryder359
07-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Trust me, I do not give consideration to anyone when its time for them to go, wether I have done work or may be doing work for that member. I even once banned someone while I had thier complete quad here, so sucking up to me gets you no where sounds like your power hungry... ban anybody that you feel and don't even think hard about it?

and why would you let your young son flip off your camera, and you praise him for it? thats really bad parenting

Pappy
07-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by yfzryder359
sounds like your power hungry... ban anybody that you feel and don't even think hard about it?

and why would you let your young son flip off your camera, and you praise him for it? thats really bad parenting

No, my responsibilty to the site as a moderator over shadows my position as a sponsor.

Yep, I am a terrible parent, maybe he will moon you tomorrow:p

250ex13
07-17-2006, 09:29 PM
No, my responsibilty to the site as a moderator over shadows my position as a sponsor.

lmao:p

400exstud
07-17-2006, 09:37 PM

You are on an unbelieveable OWN streak.:p

250ex13
07-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by 400exstud

Pappy
07-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Sorry, I didnt mean to be on an "own " streak, whatever that is:p

Phills450r
07-17-2006, 09:58 PM

lmfao.. bet cody is loving the "CLOSE TRACK"

Pappy
07-17-2006, 10:00 PM
He would rather have a pitbike track, so I geuss I will have to add some jumps beside the larger ones so they can ride them there too.

Actually, we will still prefer to ride elsewhere, but it will be nice to gibe the quads a shake down run after modifacations are made so we can enjoy the tracks we travel to.

xtullyx16
07-17-2006, 10:39 PM
i dunno pappy about u banning him... seemed like he was in defense but i dont think i read the very beginning but ill go back and check it out.. oh yeah pappy how do u qoute things??

xtullyx16
07-17-2006, 10:45 PM
i just read over it pappy and i kinda think u got outta hand at first cause he was kidding around with u and u got real serious about the racing thing... but then he did get personnal with u and ur family... hmm sorry if im out of my place but i dunno pappy i have alotta respect for u and i think u shouldnt have banned him if u did... thats all

250r4life
07-18-2006, 01:03 AM

Cody is on a 400ex.

lol :D

250r4life
07-18-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by 400exstud

lol :devil:

where do these guys come up with this stuff? :D

Pappy
07-18-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by xtullyx16
oh yeah pappy how do u qoute things??

Ummm, hit the "qoute" button:p Little button, say's "qoute"

Pappy
07-18-2006, 02:12 AM
i just read over it pappy and i kinda think u got outta hand at first cause he was kidding around with u and u got real serious about the racing thing... but then he did get personnal with u and ur family... hmm sorry if im out of my place but i dunno pappy i have alotta respect for u and i think u shouldnt have banned him if u did... thats all

bring my family into it,you will get booted....end of story. I have no choice ,other then to not be part of the site and do my job as moderator. I prefer to be active in the site as I am a member before a moderator. It makes me a target, so when I ban someone that conflicts with me a few take it as a "power trip", yet these same few ask me to ban people almost everyday.

I do not listen to the quibling teenage members on this site, simply because I have seen the quality of those members decline. I will gladly add to the list of ex-members, just post up who's next. That isnt being arrogant, thats stating exactly how it will be. I cant be more blunt or honest then that. I have always stated quality over quanity, so we can start weeding this place out anytime you see fit.

tp300ex
07-18-2006, 02:13 AM
lmao get um pappy!

xtullyx16
07-18-2006, 12:28 PM
pappy are u telling me im at fault.. because in no way im i entitled to banning i have my own opinions on this matter and this is an open forum. Soo im sorry if i was out of my place like have said before but i just thought u went over the line ... and how do i qoute things again when i click on quote lol:confused:

xtullyx16
07-18-2006, 12:29 PM
And keep an eye on posts by marshmello and mx428 or mx528 becuase those 2 may also need a point in the right direction

400exstud
07-18-2006, 01:08 PM
And keep an eye on posts by marshmello and mx428 or mx528 becuase those 2 may also need a point in the right direction

Naaa. They've been messing around for a long time on here. It would be dull without them.

Pappy
07-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Xtully, I was explaining my position to you, you are free to have a differing opinion, but no matter how many cry and whine over someone that gets banned, it will have no effect. We (mods) have a job too do, we take it seriously, and thats pretty much that. Everyone makes mistakes, but with over 50,000 members on and off daily, our patience is thin and we dont take crap...period.

If this offends anyone, feel free to not visit this site. This site if free to you, but its not yours to be free to do what you wish.