PDA

View Full Version : 1 year?

tp300ex
07-17-2006, 02:10 AM
so im thinking of getting an r and was j.w if u ride the piss out of it wat all would u need to fix in 1 year?

firefighterjosh
07-17-2006, 02:30 AM
depends, Is this thread a joke?

tp300ex
07-17-2006, 02:49 AM
no...i dont come here to do that stupid stuff

firefighterjosh
07-17-2006, 02:53 AM
Your talking about a 250r right? I am guessing you r since it is in the 250r category. If you are it would be hard to judge. Since it would be 20 Years old and who knows what mods are done and how old they are and who done them. If it was brand new with good matenice I would say yes to that. (impossible) If your talking about a 450r I would say yes beat the piss out of it with no problems.

Just keep up good matinece (I need to add that spell checker lol)

westhall55
07-17-2006, 07:36 AM
All of that depends on you!how hard you ride it and what kind of premix you run. others are where you ride,like dust you have to keep an eye on how much is getting through especially with a k&n filter. It all depends on you and you alone unless you race mx or gncc. Others are how much you grease and lube your joints. if you dont keep them lubed properly your bushings wont last as long either. i have had R's for a while and they will last me at least 3 seasons of riding before i need to rebuild!

wicked265R
07-17-2006, 07:46 AM
How long a bike lasts is totally depending on the rider/owner of the vehical. maintance is a must if you want it to last long at all, that goes for any quad/dirtbike/jetski/ect. beating the piss out of a bike is easy to do on anything, but you have to be experienced enough to know when you are hurting the bike. not just run the thing into the ground. like overevving and bouncing off the rev limiter hurts a bike. landing nose heavy and digging the bumper into the ground is hurting it. its all about the rider on this kind of topic.

peeping TOM
07-18-2006, 02:00 AM
yer its like any quad ,,grease the swingarm pivot bolt,,a arm bush's ,balljoints shock linkage's ,etc etc , as for the engine a quick honing & a new piston , maybe new plate's .....