PDA

View Full Version : Derby Car

firefighterjosh
07-17-2006, 01:44 AM
I am entering my first demolition derby and wondering if anyone had some tips.

I am running a 1989 Geo Spectrum in the compact class. I have met all the rules and have the car finished. It runs strong, it has a bad CV Shaft (thats why i am derbing it, too much money to fix) But that dosen't bother me too much.

hotrodbelair
07-17-2006, 09:46 AM
did ya do anything with the car like prebending the back end up, raising the front end up? as for driving tips hit with your back end inless you aint got it bent up then it will just drop and it will be draging. aim for the front wheels of other front wheel drive cars and also aim for the radiator also. i dont know much tricks for a compact car but i do know alot of tricks with full size cars, and trucks.

firefighterjosh
07-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Your not suppose to prebend the body (in the rules) but you can cut the frame. My car is a uni body though so the body is the frame lol. It is a hatch back and I bent the hatch down then shut the gate and you can't tell. ( I don't think it will do any good). All the compacts I see seem to bend down in the back. Yea I heard you want to aim for the front tires so that the CV shafts may pop out but I guess it is chaios and hard to aim.

79400ex
07-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Don't cut the frame. I raced debry cars years ago and did that. It cause the rear end to go down. We use to take the cars and run the backward into big oak tree to start make it go up. This will also let you bend the rear up with a loader tractor because you can say it was run before.

firefighterjosh
07-19-2006, 06:52 PM
My derby is this coming Tues (Racing) and Wed (Acual demo derby) I will let ya know how I do...Thanks