PDA

View Full Version : uni vs twin air???

400eXr1d3rZ
07-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I ordered a UNI and recieved a twin air, what is the difference? And it doesnt really look like I would get and extra power from it, it's kinda the same as stock.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-16-2006, 09:25 PM
nobody can help me?

YFZ450Ridr
07-16-2006, 09:26 PM
we do have a powertrain section...

07-16-2006, 09:27 PM
never really tried uni but me/my bro and my good friend all use twin air tand theyre all great. they last a long time too.

booterskuggs
07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
uni and twin air are basically the same, foam,and either filter is a good choice. I have a twin air on my KFX and its been a great filter

LTZ400rider
07-16-2006, 09:43 PM
rejet and take off ur lid and ull get power. all it really is, a stock replacement filter that is alittle more quality made

400eXr1d3rZ
07-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by LTZ400rider
rejet and take off ur lid and ull get power. all it really is, a stock replacement filter that is alittle more quality made

Then I pretty much bought a peice of crap.

Should have gotten K&N

brapbrap13
07-16-2006, 09:45 PM
had one on my ltz worked great!

Scottt89
07-16-2006, 09:54 PM
You didn't get a piece of crap. You got a foam filter. K&N filters are totally different. If you race some MX, a K&N is cool, but if you are going to be anywhere near Water or Mud then you want Foam. Keep in mind its a foam filter, not an exhaust system. How much power were you planning on gaining?

400eXr1d3rZ
07-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Heh, none. I wanted something less restrictive (foam i guess) and the only way im taking my lid off is if i find an outwear, do they have Twin Air outerwears?

Kansas400ex
07-17-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by 400eXr1d3rZ
Heh, none. I wanted something less restrictive (foam i guess) and the only way im taking my lid off is if i find an outwear, do they have Twin Air outerwears?

you can probably look on Dennis Kirk, Bike Bandit, or Rocky Mountain ATV. im sure they make an outerwears for the twin air

Sjorge450R
07-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Scottt89
You didn't get a piece of crap. You got a foam filter. K&N filters are totally different. If you race some MX, a K&N is cool, but if you are going to be anywhere near Water or Mud then you want Foam. Keep in mind its a foam filter, not an exhaust system. How much power were you planning on gaining?

Most XC guys keep the lid on.... Other wise, we would bog done all the time. Its K&N with Prefilter and lid for me.

Scottt89
07-17-2006, 10:02 AM
All you need is an outerwear for an EX. They don't make them based on the filter for foam. Only the K&N's actually use a filter Outerwear. Foams usually just use an outerwear over the Airbox, like a lid.

400eXr1d3rZ
07-17-2006, 06:00 PM
I found one on Dennis Kirk, thank you!!!!

400exrider707
07-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Scottt89
All you need is an outerwear for an EX. They don't make them based on the filter for foam. Only the K&N's actually use a filter Outerwear. Foams usually just use an outerwear over the Airbox, like a lid.

Outerwear makes one for UNI filters.

As far as filters, there are only two ways to get more power. Bigger filter holes, or a bigger filter. The UNI is a bigger filter. The Twin airs never seemed to do much for power on the applications that I used them. The K&N's I've used showed the most power gains, however the extra dirt in my intake tube pushed me onto UNI's and I've never looked back. One of the best performing (power, and cleaning the air) filters Ive used to date.:D

krt400ex
08-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Outerwear makes one for UNI filters.

As far as filters, there are only two ways to get more power. Bigger filter holes, or a bigger filter. The UNI is a bigger filter. The Twin airs never seemed to do much for power on the applications that I used them. The K&N's I've used showed the most power gains, however the extra dirt in my intake tube pushed me onto UNI's and I've never looked back. One of the best performing (power, and cleaning the air) filters Ive used to date.:D

how often did u clean the k&n?? i clean mine every 3-5 hrs of riding and i have yet to see any dirt in my intake tract. they work great if u keep them clean.

400exrider707
08-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
how often did u clean the k&n?? i clean mine every 3-5 hrs of riding and i have yet to see any dirt in my intake tract. they work great if u keep them clean.

I used to clean it ever 2-3 rides, but after I noticed the dirt it was every ride and it still did it. I used the proper oils and everything. I gave up on K&N for offroad applications. Even if it was an error on cleaning on my part (which I know it wasn't), I still wont use one because my UNI doesn't do it.