PDA

View Full Version : Any one had this happen?

IOWAracer
07-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Well went rding the other day and my kicker popped back and cracked my case but it wasnt the side case it was the center case? really wierd never heard of that happening.

broc

the predator
07-16-2006, 01:33 PM
it's from throttle while kicking it over is what i've heard....and it is comon.

mills_racing
07-16-2006, 02:51 PM
that sux that u busted ur case broc....i busted mine at the wisp from a skidplate bolt hiting the bottom.Stupid dg full skid.

DirtDevilBT
07-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by the predator
it's from throttle while kicking it over is what i've heard....and it is comon.

:( yep
My friend with his 250r wanted to push the gas when kicking mine. Just about had a heart attach.

rider250ex
07-18-2006, 04:45 PM
yeah same here. everyone i let ride my 04 and 06 450rs always push the throttle even after i tell them not to and explain the reason why. on the 06 some kid couldnt even get it started and it was making horrible clanks and grinding noises. i almost punched him!

montycarlo
07-27-2006, 10:04 PM
So let me get this straight... if you crack the throttle on a 450 while you're kicking it over there is a high probability you're gonna be cussing a broken case? :mad:

I've got a buddy wants to buy a 05 R and I'm about to tell him to go and buy a Yamaha!

IOWAracer
07-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Dave I would deffently not rule out the yamaha i am now on one and after being on the R first i love the YFZ lots faster and more power like i never thought possible!!!

DirtDevilBT
07-28-2006, 10:36 PM
:mad: The YFZ only feels faster because it has a 2 stroke hit. pfff

How many posts have you seen about kick starter breaking cases? If you rule out the R just because of stuff like this, pfff. Go buy the YFZ because it seems like he or you want it more anyway. Finding stuff like this to make up your mind is not the right way to by a quad. :rolleyes:

Have you concidered YFZ coolant impeller premature failers? Or oil plugs in the head falling out but changed in 06? Or the list of other things I see in the yamaha forums. But I shouldn't get into all that on a honda forum....

montycarlo
07-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Calm down DirtDevil..... He's still buying the Honda!

Big Red Menace
07-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Holding the throttlle open is the most common reason for this to happen. But honda has had us at the dealership I worked at replace the kicker gears on some because they were machined oblong, or out of round, however you want to say it. If you have a repeat failure, this may be your problem.

montycarlo
07-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Do they recommend a way to clear it if it's flooded?

DirtDevilBT
07-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
Calm down DirtDevil..... He's still buying the Honda!

(Arnold Swartzzinager) "Agagggaaagggagagagggga! I will be calm when I am good and ready to be calm, don't tell me to be calm. Calm is not what I want to be right NOW! Agagaggggagaagagg"

I hear crap like this on both sides of the blue and red debate. Do you know how many times I have defended my WARRIOR! And yes I still have them both around. And yes I still ride it over my 450r at times. And yes I said at times lol.