PDA

View Full Version : First photos of the DASA LTR450 pipe

FUELATV
07-15-2006, 07:28 PM
I picked up the FIRST 2 DASA LTR450 pipes today. They are very nice. I think the end cap is SIK. This pipe will tuck up and hide just like the yoshi. Maybe even more. It is able to do this because of the end cap design. Once it is mounted on the bike you will see how sweet this pipe really is. Sorry my photos are not the best, but atleast you get the idea.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/FUELATV2005/YellowLTR.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/FUELATV2005/dasaltr450.jpg

hardkoratvmxr
07-15-2006, 07:50 PM
OMFG those DASA pipes look amazing. what are the horsepower and torque outputs with them? are they higher than the other pipes out for the LTR right now

Quad_Runner
07-15-2006, 08:35 PM
FUELATV Pipe Shootout
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e194/bboles/all3.jpg

FUELATV
07-15-2006, 08:51 PM
YES the DASA layed down the best numbers. The DASA will also gain some more HP once more fuel is added. For those of you that dont go to the other forum. The bike tested had a cherry bomb and no air box lid. Then pipes changed out. Here are the pipes we tested ....

DASA
HMF
YOSHI
TRINITY
PRO ARMOR
TWO BROTHERS
STOCK WITH BAFFLE OUT

Iliketogofast
07-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Jesus christ... I didn't even know these things could bring down 50 horses with just a pipe and cherry bomb.

Is this pipe a center mount or does it go to the side?

FUELATV
07-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Center mount .... and it looks SIK installed. I hope to have my back next weekend. I will post some more photos once i get it. Of couse some dynos read higher then others. The LTR450 with pipe. cherry bomb aand no air box lid has made atleast 48 on every dyno i have seen. the big thing is that the DASA pipe made 3 more hp then stock with baffle pulled.

Quad_Runner
07-16-2006, 05:02 AM
Fuel, can't wait for the pics. DASA has a sweet looking pipe. Thanks again for the pipe shootout:D

-Bill

hard one
07-16-2006, 02:36 PM
i does look sick but looks are not every thing!

the fmf titanium mega bomb header just by its self give 4-5hp but i dont know what muffler i am going to get on my lt-r 450.

FUELATV
07-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by hard one
i does look sick but looks are not every thing!

the fmf titanium mega bomb header just by its self give 4-5hp but i dont know what muffler i am going to get on my lt-r 450.

First off the FMF mega bomb will not even come close to making the same HP as the DASA or the HMF or the Yoshi. I know this for a fact. The FMF may make 5 more hp then a BONE STOCK ltr with baffle in. DASA hads the looks and HP to back it up.

Quad_Runner
07-16-2006, 04:16 PM
I agree with FUELATV. The top three pipes for the LT-R right now are DASA. HMF and Yoshi. I think that the FMF is a good pipe and might be within a couple of peak HP to the others. But remember peak HP isn't everything. You need to look at the curve along the entire RPM range. If you have a dyno sheet for the FMF that you can share we would love to see it.:D

-Bill

hard one
07-16-2006, 04:57 PM
Thats the big thing about the fmf it has the all around power that you wish you could have.
it has the top end power of a short header the low end of a long header with strong power band all the way to peak not just peak.
( all the suzuki pro riders have used it and aproved it DIrt bike pros)
i have never heard of dasa befor and the others are good but over priced like many companys.
i am not all for fmf i actually used to hate them .
I have always had white bros but they dont have much of a pipe for the lt-r.

Just be glade you dont have a cobra exhaust, i hope?

52-53 hp with just the cherry bomb and header!

07-17-2006, 12:44 AM
Thats the big thing about the fmf it has the all around power that you wish you could have.
it has the top end power of a short header the low end of a long header with strong power band all the way to peak not just peak.
i have never heard of dasa befor and the others are good but over priced like many companys.

dyno sheet please, the mega bombs look cool, but that doesn't mean they make power, save the expansion chambers for the 2strokes

akskidoo
07-17-2006, 03:05 AM
That DASA is a sweet looking pipe, but has anyone put the DMC Afterburner full pipe on the Dyno? My friends has one and swears buy it. I am looking for power across the board, not just WOT.

Quad_Runner
07-17-2006, 06:00 AM

I'm not an expert about DASA but I know dan has been building motors for years. He currently builds motors for Joe and Heather Bird. DASA pipes have been proven to be one of the top performing pipes on the market for the LT-R450 and TRX 450R. At least from the dyno numbers I've seen.

I still haven't seen any dyno sheets from you, only what you claim. I hope you keep your FMF header because you will get used to seeing the DASA pipe from behind:D

rollie
07-17-2006, 08:28 PM
How loud is the dasa? my friend has one on his 450R and that thing is loud, looks sick tho

hard one
07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
go to fmfs site and email them to send you a dyno test it is at least a 5hp gain.

400exrider707
07-17-2006, 10:46 PM
go to fmfs site and email them to send you a dyno test it is at least a 5hp gain.

:rolleyes: No one is arguing that, every single pipe made can do that too for the LTR, but that is over stock, not versus other pipes.

Quad_Runner
07-18-2006, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by rollie
How loud is the dasa? my friend has one on his 450R and that thing is loud, looks sick tho

Courtesy of FUELATV

DB'S All of the db testing was done at 3750 RPM. The spark arrestors were removed on the aftermarket exhausts for this test.

Stock Baffle in - 91db
Stock Baffle out - 101db
Two Brothers - 100.5 db
Yoshimura - 102.5 db
Trinity - 103.5 db
HMF - 102 db
Pro Armor - 102 db
Dasa - 100 db

:chinese:

Thanks for the info, I'm sure it's a good pipe.

atcdad
07-18-2006, 08:31 AM
I am sure FMF does have 5hp over stock with baffle in. Pull the baffle out and get 7. Those pipes tested had about 10 hp over stock.

tido450
07-21-2006, 06:38 PM
thats a wild amount of hp for just a head pipe and then the stock silencer holding all that power back. i dont think your information is accurate, but what do i know

FUELATV
07-21-2006, 06:53 PM
You must not be very familiar with the LTR450 then? Here is the scoop. Add a $40.00 cherry bomb {this plug in modual accesses a hidden map on the stock ECU} then pull off the stock air box lid and pull out the stock baffle. Those SIMPLE mods will add 7 HP over the stock bike ...... PROVEN FACT. Next add a FULL exhuast system that will add another 3 hp. So for about $500.00 bucks you can add 10 HP over the stock bike.

FUELATV
07-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Here is the Dyno sheet for the DASA ..... it is on the first page of this thread.

Jonas
07-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Can anyone explain this dyno and why it is so low compared to what you are suggesting. Stock pipe w/o baffle and lid and cherry bomb equals about 40 on this dyno. Then you say you add about 3 with a Dasa. Thats 43 and your talking 48 to 51???? 5-8 high is definately high.

www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=210044&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

07-29-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Jonas
Can anyone explain this dyno and why it is so low compared to what you are suggesting. Stock pipe w/o baffle and lid and cherry bomb equals about 40 on this dyno. Then you say you add about 3 with a Dasa. Thats 43 and your talking 48 to 51???? 5-8 high is definately high.

Dynographs are used for tuning purposes, not so much bragging rights. Welcome to the world.

dg26
07-29-2006, 11:46 AM
anyone seen anything on the big gun exhausts? they look really sweet but what about hp #'s? if it is the same as yoshimura i'm gonna get the big gun and if not i'm gonna go with the dasa

Quad_Runner
07-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Jonas

I'm not a dyno expert but different dynos have different results and different quads even though they are the same have different results. KBR has a dyno that post some of the lowest numbers I've seen, Trinity's dyno some of the highest and FUELATV is somewhere in between. Don't get hung up on the numbers between different dynos. Each person will run a test as a baseline. Usually it will be a completely stock quad. Then you remove the baffle, air box lid and add a cherry bomb and run another test. Then you add the different pipes with the lid off and cherry bomb installed.

KBR's basline or stock quad was 31.77 HP and after you remove the 6" baffle, lid and add a cherry bomb. KBR's dyno read 40.31 or a net increase of 8.54 HP for just $40.00.:bandit:

FUELATV's baseline or stock quad was closer to 40 (haven't seen the offical numbers) because they are different dynos, different quads and under different conditions. When Fuel remove the 6" baffle, lid and add a cherry bomb his dyno read about 48 HP with a net increase of about 8 HP. Adding the DASA pipe added an additional 3 HP making it a total of 51 HP.:eek2:

So I would guess that Fuel's quad with the DASA pipe would read between 43 and 44 HP on KBR's dyno. Different peak numbers but the net increase is about the same.

Yamahauler_04
07-31-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by dg26
anyone seen anything on the big gun exhausts? they look really sweet but what about hp #'s? if it is the same as yoshimura i'm gonna get the big gun and if not i'm gonna go with the dasa

The last few things I have seen from Big Gun could only be called junk.

Pipes that were falling apart, rev boxes that make your bike stop starting, and a few of their pipes that make less power than stock.

They used to have nice stuff, but from what I have seen, not anymore.

Nick110
08-01-2006, 09:26 AM
I saw an LTR at Unadilla with a Dasa Pipe on it and man did it look sick. The can was Black with a polished cap.

Quadprorider
08-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Nick110
I saw an LTR at Unadilla with a Dasa Pipe on it and man did it look sick. The can was Black with a polished cap. \

That was my baby....You must have not seen it after I put the chrome DASA sticker on it that I got from Dan Lamey. LOOKS 10 TIMES BETTER NOW! Pics to come...Sorry for the wait.

Both the end cap and the WHOLE header were both polished. Took a while but in the end was worth the time!

tomkfx700
08-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
\

That was my baby....You must have not seen it after I put the chrome DASA sticker on it that I got from Dan Lamey. LOOKS 10 TIMES BETTER NOW! Pics to come...Sorry for the wait.

Both the end cap and the WHOLE header were both polished. Took a while but in the end was worth the time!

i just put a order in on a dasa with a black can and ceramic header. im dying to see what it will look like with the black can and chrome sticker pics please.

SandShark400
08-06-2006, 12:39 AM
i want one so bad

Pappy
08-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by tomkfx700
i just put a order in on a dasa with a black can and ceramic header. im dying to see what it will look like with the black can and chrome sticker pics please.

almost what you want:D

FUELATV
08-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Looks good ..... i know whos pipe that is. Now what color stickers to add? Thats the real question. Pappy your work looks great.

Pappy
08-17-2006, 01:39 PM
I wish i had some different color stickers to give him, but I am sure Dasa can hook him up

FUELATV
08-17-2006, 01:57 PM
I sold him the pipe and will hook him up with the stickers forsure. His bike is really lookin good.

philys21
08-17-2006, 08:50 PM
thanks for the compliments guys, and I sure couldn't of done it without ethier of you guys. So I give you guys a big thanks.

Anyone that wants really good powedercoating and a damn good price talk to Pappy, he's an awesome guy.

Anyone that wants a tricked out LT-R talk to Fuel he has all the connections with great customer service and he ACTUALLY cares about you. You don't get that to much in the atv market.

tomkfx700
08-18-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
almost what you want:D

that pipe looks awesome pappy:eek2:

Zeropreload
10-03-2006, 08:10 AM
where can i get the dasa pipe?? its not on there website do i just need to call??

FUELATV
10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
**Edited by Moderator**

This is your final warning for advertising.